Comments

1. adamblast says

Ya gotta love Betty Bowers.

I mean it. Ya gotta love Betty Bowers, otheriwse god torture you for eternity, he’s picky about these things.

2. Derrick from Philly says

Yeah, she makes the beliefs of the Fundies look fecal. Although, I did have problems with the physical depiction of the cartoon rapist…but maybe that goes along with the mentality of the character Miss Deven is spoofing.

Oh, well, Justice Sotomayer will take care of such stereotypes. Adios.

3. nic says

@DERRICK F.P.,

looking “FECAL”… too rich! that’s why you’re my bud. as to miss sotomayor, yeah she’s got all the credentials; just like obama and clinton, she came from a fatherless home to achieve much. i am not surprised that barrack would pick her. that makes me think that she will be a reliable liberal voice on the bench.

like you, i get the lezzie vibe from her. that is a good thing. however, as a queer man, i have to say that she needs some desperate help with her make-up and hair. and those eyebrows, OMG!….

4. David says

I think Betty’s absolutely brilliant. Just to clarify though (and I’m a little unsure of who’s in charge over there), the actress portraying Betty is not the same person who writes for Betty.

5. crispy says

The person who created Betty and writes it is a gay man who lives in Atlanta. I’ve known him for many years, and I wish I was half as clever as he is.

So close to God, He validates my parking.

6. nic says

one of my exes lives in atlanta. (i’ve only had two — i am not a slut) and just like my mom and my big sister, he is in the line of succession to gawd.

crispy, you always make me smile. if your friend is twice as funny as you, he would give me a bloody mee-grain. and, no, i am not english. i just love the curious way they speak ‘mercun.

7. Todd R says

Deven has been the face of Betty Bowers for the past few years. I would venture the true Betty, however, is Paul Bradley who wrote the first book “What Would Betty Do? How to Succeed at the Expense of Others in This World–and the Next.” She’s been around for about 10 years though.

8. Francis McButterpants says

B R I L L I A N T. These old documents, written thousands of years ago, are really showing their age. The more we know about the origin of the earth, and science, and comparative religions, the more we learn the Quran and the bible are laughable, provincial horse shit. Were these really the brightest minds of the time? Or the only minds who had time.