Amy Winehouse | Chace Crawford | Crime | Dan Choi | India | James McGreevey | Madonna | Marc Jacobs | Meghan McCain | Michael Jackson | New York | News | Republican Party | Sally Kern | Space | T.R. Knight | Television | Theatre

BigGayDeal.com

News: Moon, Amy Winehouse, Basking Shark, India, Jim McGreevey

road

New coalition of EVIL: Far-right and anti-gay groups joining forces.

Moonlanding

road

NASA to release new images of Moon landing found on lost tapes?

road

Man creates life-size Lego replica of...Amy Winehouse.

road

Three charged in Monday night homophobic attack on Long Island woman.

road

REPORT: Michael Jackson's children aren't his biologically, nor are they Debbie Rowe's. Father is Jackson's dermatologist Arnie Klein.

road

5-year-old rescued after Airbus 310 from Yemen crashes into Indian Ocean while attempting landing with 153 on board.

road

Lt. Dan Choi's hearing over discharge is today.

road

Trevor Donovan: 90210 gets some beefcake.

road

Meghan McCain: I speak for GOP on gay issues. "The reason why I became so vocal about it is because it is so important to me and I didn’t see any politicians, even President Obama, doing anything. At this point, I don’t care what leader, what party, comes out and supports marriage equality, as long as somebody starts doing it. I hope that will be President Obama, I hope that will be my father, I hope it will be lots of people. I think it’s the type of thing that’s really coming to a fever pitch. People are really angry. People really want response. I hope President Obama can do that,

Madoffapartment

road

Inside the apartment Bernie Madoff will never live in again: "It's bye-bye forever to the $35,000 Lavar Kerman Persian carpet and the $20,000 Chippendale-style tea table in his art-filled four-bedroom duplex on the upper East Side."

road

An interview with the hottest gay Dungeons & Dragons geeks in D.C.

road

T.R. Knight to headline Broadway revival of Lend Me a Tenor.

road

One Life to Live actress Patricia Mauceri fired over refusal to participate in gay-positive character storyline: "Reportedly the soap opera wanted to go against stereotype and show Carlotta as a gay friendly Latina mother. The actress allegedly vehemently protested that story decision, resulting in show brass replacing her."

Basking

road

Basking Shark spotted cruising Long Island beaches.

road

Rescheduled: Marc Jacobs pushes wedding date to August.

road

Indian government ready to de-criminalize homosexuality? "The new Government that took power in May after the Congress Party’s surprise election victory has indicated that it is ready to change the law, which is at present being challenged in the Delhi High Court, according to Indian media reports."

Lvmadonna

road

More Madonna Louis Vuitton campaign images.

road

Chace Crawford slicks it back.

road

Oklahoma Rep. Sally Kern working on getting state to approve a proclamation blaming gays for the recession.

road

Jim McGreevey's new mission: "McGreevey volunteers at Exodus Ministries at the Church of Living Hope in East Harlem, New  York, which tries to help newly-released prisoners learn life skills and handle the significant challenges that ex-convicts face. It’s not just job-hunting.One of the photographs below shows Jim helping one young man figure out how to set up a free e-mail account on Yahoo. With limited access to computers, the guy had no idea how to do this. This is not atypical. We take this kind of knowledge for granted, assuming everyone knows how to set up free e-mail. They don’t. The gifts that McGreevey brings to these formerly-incarcerated men and women are vast."

Comments

1. Heh.. my D&D group is hotter... ;) Seriously, though, it's nice to see we aren't alone in the gaymer universe.

Posted by: Darren | Jun 30, 2009 3:56:16 PM

2. RE: D&D geeks

If that interview's not about Jimbo, I'll stuff a 20-sided dice up my ass.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 30, 2009 4:09:48 PM

3. Could someone just give North Korea a call and have them send a nuke over to Oklahoma to shut Sally Kern's pie hole for good.

Damn, she is one mean bitch on a broomstick.

Posted by: RONTEX | Jun 30, 2009 4:11:17 PM

4. On Sally Kern:

I thought same-sex marriage, divorce, having babies (out of wedlock or not) INCREASED economies. Goes to show how much she knows about math.

Posted by: Aiden Raccoon | Jun 30, 2009 4:26:13 PM

5. Sally Kern, god help me, I think I'm actually starting to LIKE the perverted old cunt. She's a scream!

Posted by: MikeMick | Jun 30, 2009 4:32:51 PM

6. Nice to see the "actress" on the soap opera got FIRED!

Posted by: SFshawn | Jun 30, 2009 4:34:44 PM

7. I've been a loyal Madonna fan for ages now, but I'm at my wit's end. There's been nothing but garbage lately from her. Hush up, detractors - I'm just turning that corner now.

Whether it's a messy tour (with very little creative verve), increasingly weak records (Confessions notwithstanding), her fanatical compulsion to gobble headlines (commenting on MJ's death by saying she was planning to perform with him this summer? really? REALLY?) ... or this ugly ad campaign.

Next stop: Vegas!

Posted by: Genoa | Jun 30, 2009 4:36:57 PM

8. Meghan McCain:
    I want to support her because she's a dissenting voice in her own party. She puts herself out there.

Unfortunately, she's a bit green when it comes to political discourse. Her appearance of Bill Maher was embarrassing.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jun 30, 2009 4:39:14 PM

9. The Patricia Mauceri story about her being fired from One Life to Live doesn't surprise me in the least. I met her a couple years ago at an event where several OLTL cast members were present. I asked her about "I Think I Do," the gay-themed film that she was in with Alexis Arquette and her OLTL co-star Tuc Watkins. She told me she'd never seen it and asked me if was any good. She said she only filmed for one day, so I doubt she even knew that the movie was about anything more than a wedding. While I was talking to her, she signed an autograph for another fan who'd come up and the autograph was a paragraph long "Please accept Jesus Christ into your heart..." spiel. The fan showed me the autograph afterwards and seemed shocked that it was such a blatant shill to "get yourself saved." So, after all that, I'm not surprised one bit by this news.

Posted by: MrRoboto | Jun 30, 2009 4:39:45 PM

10. NASA almost immediately lost the tapes of the moon landing???? Its greatest achievement at the time, an event of worldwide renown, and someone somehow managed to misplace the tapes? How does that even happen?

Genoa, I have little doubt that Madonna will be following the Vegas route in a few years.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 30, 2009 5:05:31 PM

11. Oh, and wait until the news spills that Macauly Culkin is the father of Michael Jackson's third child. I've read this two places, and have no idea whether it's true, but it makes me laugh.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 30, 2009 5:16:01 PM

12. I just have to laugh about the Sally Kern "blame the gays for all society's ills."

Puh-leeze, if we gays had as much power as she likes to think we have there is no way she would still be in office.

Posted by: DC Guy | Jun 30, 2009 5:44:42 PM

13. @dcguy... if we gays had the power that she seems to think we have, would she still be living among the people? For if I had that kind of power, she would have been locked up in a maximum security prison and would surely be Big Bertha's Bitch Slut by now. Or, maybe that is why she is the way she is, cuz Big Bertha has been pimping her out for so long she has finally snapped...lol

Posted by: Crash | Jun 30, 2009 8:37:37 PM

14. Sally Kern - it is so incredible to watch someone make such a complete ass of their self. She absolutely needs no help from no one!

What a jagged little pill she is.

Posted by: mark | Jun 30, 2009 10:15:44 PM

15. OK, the story in the gay D&D story about how one geek flashed another under the table is disturbingly hot ...

Posted by: johnnydallas | Jun 30, 2009 10:49:54 PM

16. Lovely Basking Shark- they are of course, harmless to people, but I'm sure that with a little help we could train it to eat Sally Kern!

Posted by: wirrrn | Jul 1, 2009 1:09:12 AM

17. @WIRRRN
    I laughed out loud at that -- for real!

Posted by: MikeMick | Jul 1, 2009 12:01:36 PM