GLAAD | News | Will.i.am

Perez Hilton Says He's Saddened GLAAD Further Victimized Him

Following GLAAD's condemnation of the assault against Perez Hilton, which was accompanied by a request for him to apologize for using the word "faggot" during his altercation with Will.i.am's manager at the MuchMusic awards, Perez Hilton tells TMZ that he doubts GLAAD will apologize for taking it one step further.

Will Said Hilton: "I am saddened GLAAD chose to victimize me further by criticizing me for how I non-violently dealt with a very scary situation that, unfortunately, turned violent. While I doubt I will get an apology from GLAAD, nor do I expect one, I would just hope people know how difficult it is to intellectualize a situation and think rationally when a thug disguised as a musician is screaming at your face and intimidating you. I am just very fortunate and grateful that nothing more serious happened to me."

Will.i.am's manager Polo Molina, is due in court on August 5 on assault charges.

Previously...
GLAAD Condemns Assault on Perez Hilton, Asks Him to Apologize [tr]

Comments

1. The next time Hilton flames Isiah Washington for using "the F word" he will cement his reputation as a disingenuous misogynistic bastard with borderline racist tendencies.

Posted by: Hank | Jun 23, 2009 9:59:21 AM

2. Ugh. First the Carrie Prejan thing and now this. Why does that douche continue to be relevant or news worthy? He's a fucking blogger and a drama queen. Quit posting about him and maybe he'll diminish back into obscurity.

Posted by: JohnnyP | Jun 23, 2009 10:00:19 AM

3. Why is anything this stupid douche says considered news?

Posted by: Joe | Jun 23, 2009 10:03:44 AM

4. Homo said WHAT?!?!!

Is he batshit insane?

Time to lay the Isiah Washington pressure on Perez. He deserves it!

Posted by: Al | Jun 23, 2009 10:04:30 AM

5. ugh...

This SMACKS of hypocrisy.

PUN INTENDED.

He's so against violence, yet completely convinced that "faggot" is not a violent word?

I guess he should apologize to that Grey's Anatomy dude who called T.R. Knight the same word. Perez criticized him enough for it.

Posted by: Matt | Jun 23, 2009 10:05:51 AM

6. Perez should know that he's wrong when he says he dealt with the situation "non-violently". Using that word is an act of violence, and he knows that. Shame on him.

Posted by: JeffRob | Jun 23, 2009 10:07:14 AM

7. there's a simple reason Perez looks like a troll...

Posted by: NSFW | Jun 23, 2009 10:07:23 AM

8. When it comes to people like Perez Hilton, as a gay man I have to ask: "Who writes my manifesto?" Not Perez Hilton, that's for sure. Who elected him to ask questions on my behalf at beauty pageants? Who elected him to draw ejaculate coming out of the mouth of people he doesn't like (i.e., Fergie) on his website? He used to smoke. Now he puts down smokers. He used to be fat. Now he puts down the overweight. Apparently he used to be gay, because he's now out there calling people "faggot." How many "gay marys" should I recite for laughing at the photo of his (barely) black eye?

Posted by: Jonster | Jun 23, 2009 10:07:57 AM

9. Where does one send flowers to the Black Eyed Peas' tour manager?

Posted by: Jeffrey | Jun 23, 2009 10:09:36 AM

10. "I would just hope people know how difficult it is to intellectualize a situation and think rationally when a thug disguised as a musician is screaming at your face and intimidating you.."

^ yeah, i usually walk the hell away when faced with people screaming at me.

calling someone a faggot or any kind of slur has nothing to do with being rational. slurs are used for hate and to get a response. he knew damn well what he was saying and why he said it

Posted by: liz templin | Jun 23, 2009 10:10:23 AM

11. He really considers calling someone a faggot non-violent? It's verbally violent if nothing else. And any self-respecting homosexual wouldn't call anyone else a faggot out of hatred like that. Wait.. I forgot who I was talking about here... "Self Respecting" is not in his vocabulary.

Posted by: AndyWarholsWig | Jun 23, 2009 10:14:46 AM

12. Put a cork in it Pig.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jun 23, 2009 10:17:26 AM

13. GLAAD needs to give PH an apology. For some weeks now, GLAAD hasn't done a damn thing about a radio host who called Perez a sodomite and thinks gay and transgender babies should be aborted. Yet they go apoplectic when Perez defends himself from people threatening and attacking him.

What kind of message does that send?

Posted by: Nelson G | Jun 23, 2009 10:17:41 AM

14. delusional much, Mario?

Posted by: Marc | Jun 23, 2009 10:22:28 AM

15. Calling anyone a "faggot" in any context is reprehensible and should be called out. GLAAD made the right call. Hilton is acting as badly as the people he stalks.

Posted by: elcamino | Jun 23, 2009 10:24:23 AM

16. I'm honestly sorry if he was physically INJURED, but this guy would be completely unknown if not for his penchant to put himself in the middle of ugly situations THAT HE HIMSELF CREATES.

The guy is mean. I try to avoid his blog. I've read some of the shit he posts. He thinks that if a person is famous, it's okay to post horrible shit about them. I don't care whether it's true or not, people DON'T need to know!

This current situation is a direct result of shit he said to and about Fergie. Unfortunately, it's the manager that's going to suffer because of Lavanderia's ugliness. Yes, the manager took it too far, but I can't blame him for being angry. Lavanderia is relentless in his hate-spewing. He has his favorite targets that he gets off on degrading and disrespecting, and Fergie is one.

Lavanderia, reap what you have sown.

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Jun 23, 2009 10:28:04 AM

17. I agree with GLAAD's statement wholeheartedly. When you say to another "you're gay" in a pejorative manner, you are in effect by example legitimizing the use of a slur that is often linked to violence against the LGBT community, and when you're a very public gay figure, the effect can be potentially profoundly damaging.

I am a bit shocked that Perez would respond to GLAAD the way he did. If he wanted to take the high road, he would have said something like "Yes, I agree what I did was wrong. Maybe it is a little hard to be in full control in very heated situations, but it doesn't make my actions anymore right or wrong. I apologize for what I did, and I support our effort to strongly discourage anti-gay slurs in our society." Such a statement would be an adult response of taking responsibility and turning a leaf towards good.

Instead, he appeared to care about himself, much more than anyone else, and was very defensive. This shows me that without a doubt he does not appear fit to be a leader among the LGBT community.

Posted by: Sean | Jun 23, 2009 10:29:11 AM

18. No one is criticizing him for how he dealt with a situation. They're criticizing him for CAUSING the situation with his hate speech. The only way this whole thing could be considered a hate crime is because anyone with any sense hates Perez Hilton.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Jun 23, 2009 10:30:50 AM

19. There is not excuse for using the word whether Perez was scarred or not. He should not be throwing it around as an insult to instigate something. Not to mention, tweeting something instead of calling the authorities is not the proper way to deal with it.

I agree with GLAAD about asking Perez for an apology but think they should have waited for all the information as to what happened before responding. The fact that they even mention they do not know all that happened should be enough to keep quiet.

Perez is not doing

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 23, 2009 10:34:06 AM

20. My mamma always told me "You reap what you sow." Hopefully she's right and Perez Hilton will be reaping a whole lotta shit.
    Now let us leave him in the shadows where he belongs.

Posted by: rayrayj | Jun 23, 2009 10:38:31 AM

21. Cunt. Real people suffer real harm because of homophobic violence and abuse and this asshole starts a fight and has the fucking nerve to try to milk their tragedies to cover his own ass. Piece of trash.

Posted by: Clay | Jun 23, 2009 10:40:03 AM

22. I've never understood why Towleroad has a link to Perez Hilton's hate site and in light of this incident, now I REALLY don't understand why Andy Towle would still choose to promote Perez Hilton's website.

How is he different than Fred Phelps? Oh, because he's actually a gay man spreading anti-gay hate....all while degrading and bullying women with his third-grade-dropout vocabulary and spelling skills. He presents a 100% negative image of gays by his words and actions. But Andy Towle links to him. Okay. That's mind boggling.

Everything that was done to Isaiah Washington should be done to Mario tenfold. He needs to lose his advertisers just like any other homophobic hatemonger.

Posted by: paul c | Jun 23, 2009 10:43:01 AM

23. It takes a thug to know a thug

Posted by: david ciminello | Jun 23, 2009 10:44:21 AM

24. Perez is such a sad, pathetic little piece of shit. This is more of his usual attention-whoring. He got exactly what he deserved. Gay or Straight... you call someone a 'faggot' you should get your face based in.

Posted by: JSH | Jun 23, 2009 10:48:04 AM

25. Andy, its time that you removed Perez Hilton from your blogroll. Why do you continue to support a man like Perez who has done so much harm to the gay community? You are sadly revealing to us that traffic to your site is more important than standing up to what i know you believe in. Start practicing what you preach and stop supporting this hating, loathsome creature.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 23, 2009 10:49:19 AM