Ann Coulter | Bears | Cleveland | Meghan McCain | News | Susan Boyle | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #500

EXCEPT REAL: There was recently a bear on the loose near Cleveland. Just in case you're not sure what a bear looks like, FOX 8 can help.

MEGHAN MCCAIN vs PAUL BEGALA: A young Republican finds herself in a den of Democrats.

SUSAN BOYLE: Finally took the stage at Wembley Arena.

ANN COULTER on ENSIGN: We Republicans "hold our philanderers accountable."

Read our recent Guides to the Tube HERE.

Comments

1. Can we introduce Annthrax Coulter to Will.I.Am's manager?

That another whorthless sack shit that needs to slapped in the face.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jun 22, 2009 6:28:27 PM

2. Anne Coulter is just an anorexic homophobic piece of shit.....she knows nothing either about Berlusconi or anything else. She is one gay hater and we need to hear less from her.

Posted by: JackFuknTwist | Jun 22, 2009 6:40:18 PM

3. Thanks for the updates!

Posted by: Cincinnati NAMjA | Jun 22, 2009 7:05:23 PM

4. sorry meghan, you embarrassed yourself.

Posted by: Ben | Jun 22, 2009 7:52:46 PM

5. As much as this pains me, and it does, I have to agree with Ann Coulter. I cannot stand her, not now nor before I left the repub party, but she is not wrong!

If a repub is a philanderer or involved in other nefarious activities, as defined by the ever so holy right wing, they are ousted ala Mark Foley or perhaps Larry Craig. The RNC will withold funds, strip them of party affiliation and they will be relegated to the history books. True enough.

However, the dems are littered with Clintons, Franks and Kennedys who remain in power with nothing more than a censure at best. Clinton was an attorney that lied under oath, the whole Frank/Gobie "misunderstanding" and of course Ted's now infamous car ride.

Both parties are full of crap, and all of the aforementioned are certainly included although not an all inclusive group, but it appears that there is a difference in how they are handled. Now mind you, I believe that all people are human and make mistakes and wouldn't use the venom that the repubs have used to tear someone down. However, in this instance and on this subject Coulter is not wrong. My opinion.

While Coulter may qualify for many a four letter name calling and I cannot stand her personally she this time has a point. I suppose that a blind squirrel does occasionally find a nut! And she is a NUT!

And as for Meghan, keep preaching some of us are listening!

Posted by: RB | Jun 22, 2009 8:12:19 PM

6. You know, this is just stupid.

Meghan is one of the most outspoken, visible, unlikely allies we have, and we bash her for something like this?

EVERY TIME Barney Frank makes a comment, he looks like an idiot. The president regularly find himself looking like a dumbass because he won't get off of TV long enough to do anything.

In the past week, I have seen more pictures of Bruno than I have ever wanted too see. But I don't see ANYTHING about Meghan doing a NOH8 shoot that is powerful and well done.

Andy, I don't know if you have someone else doing content, or if you're just that much of an idiot that you want to put on blinders to anything that says "conservative" or "republican". Either way, this isn't the site I started coming to years ago, and it is not a site I am going to continue to come to.

Posted by: Kyle | Jun 22, 2009 8:50:43 PM

7. conveniently, coulter simply forgot repub sen. david vitter of louisiana who admitted paying a prostitute in 07. so he broke the law, and his marriage vows (gasp!), but kept his senate seat and leadership position. he's running for re-election too, yay! in contrast, larry craig was abandoned by his party, but that's only because he likes guys.

Posted by: b mac | Jun 22, 2009 8:52:56 PM

8. Amen Kyle! We are rarely able to accept an ally when they were the colors of the other side. How do republicans change if not from within? I tried for many years to remain a repub and couldn't. However, I remain hopeful that one day the religeous right's strangle hold on the repub party will break. Meghan is a start.

And given the state of current administration, Meghan is more outspoken about LGBT rights than Obama. Just saying...

Posted by: RB | Jun 22, 2009 9:03:33 PM

9. OK why is it that every time a Repugnut gets his balls in a compromising situation (Foley, Craig, Vetter, and now Ensign - just to name a few RECENT events) someone like RB or others representing the "Right" or GOP always end up bringing up Kennedy (1967), Frank (1980ish) Clinton Late 90's!!! It's not like we have Dems doing this every month (at least our pols are not screaming "Sanctity of Marriage" "Family Values" etc!!

Posted by: alex in boston | Jun 22, 2009 9:10:01 PM

10. Meghan was just NOT ready to have a conversation with adults. She was limited in her knowledge and failed to admit that was what made her comments so limited or clueless. Instead of learning, she played the "blond victim" card and came across as being attacked for being clueless on issues on a show that expects more.

Posted by: 2nd Class Citizen | Jun 22, 2009 9:11:04 PM

11. Alex, did I mention that I am no longer in the repub party and that I do NOT like/agree with Coulter?

However, since you insist upon the whole nothing in "recent" memory defense:

Sen. Teddy Kennedy. The liberal Massachusetts senator testified in defense of nephew accused of rape, invoking his family history to win over the jury in 1991.

Former Rep. Mel Reynolds. The Illinois Democrat was convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office.

Rep. Barney Frank. The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Frank’s residence in the 1980s. Only two Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to censure him in 1990

And for the love of God dare I mention John Edwards the ambulance chasing attorney and his baby daddy story? How telling.

Come on Alex, the truth is they are on both sides and always have been! However, the repubs throw them out at a much faster rate. Dems just seem to retire like Kennedy in their same capacity. Get real and open your eyes!

Posted by: RB | Jun 22, 2009 9:40:42 PM

12. 1. The bear story is hilarious. It's like a news story directed by Ed Woods.

2. Meghan did fine. I agree that she deserves some respect for speaking out, and she's one of the few ways the GOP is going to ever appeal to young people (not that I want that to happen).

3. I don't care if politicians cheat on their spouses unless it involves other duplicitous behavior that affects their performance or policy stances. With Ensign, it may have. And if Republicans run based on morals then turn out to be hypocrites, and voters don't accept that, that's different from Democrats who run based on other issues, and voters don't care. As a Democrat, I don't care what people do in their bedrooms. If Republicans do, then they should take out their elected officials if revealed to be hypocrites. I have no problem with Dems overlooking the personal shortcomings of effective politicans.

RB, weren't you a Republican until quite recently? Just curious.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 22, 2009 10:17:25 PM

13. Exactly, Paul R on point #3. It's the hypocrisy of the Republicans, for example voting to amend the Constitution to "defend traditional marriage", and then getting caught with their pants around their ankles.

Posted by: Jeff | Jun 22, 2009 11:04:03 PM

14. Terrific performance by Susan Boyle!

Posted by: Darren | Jun 22, 2009 11:13:13 PM

15. 2nd Class Citizen, right there with you - I've been hearing blips and beeps of Meghan from a variety of news sources since the election and figured she'd be the anti-Coulter: a unique perspective that might freshen up The Right and bridge some gaps... but her Real Time appearance was painful: unprepared, ill-informed, every point that was discussed she spun to make it about her... I've seen actors and comedians her age on the same show who've surprised me by how well-informed they were... just because your last name's a household word doesn't make up for laziness... do your homework and try it again, M.Mc.

Posted by: nick vaginitis | Jun 23, 2009 6:03:48 AM

16. mann colt-er is not only full of shit, but everything about her grates on the senses --her voice, her anorexic body, the rolling of her eyes. her entire persona reeks of sarcasm, hatefulness and bile. she can go straight to hell.

@RB, why don't you accompany her.

here's a joke: mann colt-er walks into a bar. the bartender asks her, "why the long face, sir?"

Posted by: nic | Jun 23, 2009 6:17:12 AM

17. RB - the admission that you once were a Republican is enough for any thinking person to discount you immediately - but since you a former Republican I can understand how your thinking is evolving ... so let me explain.

The private sexual lives of politicians - even if they are cheating on a spouse is personal and FAR less evil that supporting the Republican Party. Period.

What that party has done and would like to do is pure EVIL.

You were a part of it - and the simple minded thinking about sex seems to still be in your DNA. The Republican Party uses sex like it uses religion - to divide and get the votes of judgemental people - votes that are usually against their own interest.

As for Megan - she is a simpleton who has admitted that she has no understanding of economics and that the Republican Party is something she was born into and is like a club to her.

You double embarrased yourself supporting that Silver Spoon yapper.

Posted by: Willie | Jun 23, 2009 9:44:49 AM