Evan Rachel Wood | News | Playing Gay | Television | True Blood

BigGayDeal.com

True Blood's Evan Rachel Wood on Vampires: They Swing Both Ways

Evanrachelwood

E!'s Marc Malkin talked with Evan Rachel Wood about her True Blood character Queen Sophie-Anne, who viewers got a peek at in the final scene of last week's show.

Says Wood: "She's not necessarily a lesbian. Her human partner is a girl, but I'm pretty sure she goes both ways [laughs]. I think vampires are like that in general...I don't know if I am having sex with anyone yet, but I certainly have a steamy scene with someone that I don't think you'd really expect. So it will be a little fun."

Comments

1. Sophie-Anne isn't as pretty as Jessica

Posted by: FumoBlue | Aug 27, 2009 9:14:16 AM

2. What's the Vampire Queen doing in the American South?

And, poor Jessica is bound to have problems now that she's feeding on Hoyt's mom :(

Posted by: Baby Jane | Aug 27, 2009 10:46:06 AM

3. She's only the queen of Louisiana. Every state has a vampire king or queen. It's sorta dumb actually.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 27, 2009 11:10:21 AM

4. Hey, how about spoiler alert?

Posted by: kb | Aug 27, 2009 12:06:57 PM

5. All of this is spelled out in the books. The actors ought to be required to read them before they are cast.

Posted by: DavidLRed | Aug 27, 2009 12:55:16 PM

6. Why should the actors be required to read the books? Alan Ball is creating someting that doesn't even explicitly adhere to the books. If he were, Lafayette would be dead and gone.

Posted by: dkseeger | Aug 27, 2009 1:48:34 PM

7. crispy how so?

one imagines that governing a group of potential killers takes quite a bit more authority than a governor would have. thus a governmental system investing kingly/ queenly authority in the vampire governors of states.

besides most european countries that had queens and kings weren't even as large as lousisianna and many of these vamps date to at least the Renaissance. Sophie Ann is supposed to be like 400-500 years old.

DAMN, I'm too invested in this show. LOL

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Aug 27, 2009 3:03:44 PM

8. I don't know, Jimbo, I guess I imagined each state would have a vampire governor and there would be only 1 vampire king/queen of the entire country.

I know that in upcoming books (SPOILER ALERT GODAMMIT!) vampire factions from different states go to war, so maybe the numerous kings and queens will make more sense.

Wow, this show must sound retarded to people who don't watch it! It really is a good show.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 27, 2009 3:29:01 PM

9. crispy

:-)

good show? GREAT show! LOL I'm a geek

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Aug 27, 2009 3:46:35 PM

10. Sophie-Anne's sexuality plays a major role in the novels, so I would expect the actress who portrays her to know that.

Ball has taken characters which appear in one or two paragraphs of the novels and crafted major sub-plots around them and he ignores major plot points in the books (which I won't reveal so that I don't spoil things for others.) I still have not decided how I feel about this.

Posted by: DavidLRed | Aug 27, 2009 6:11:41 PM