California | News | Sacramento

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Rodeo Dance Party Catches Eye, Angers Sacramento-Area Man

A party held by the Capital Crossroads Gay Rodeo Association in Wilton, California, is making headlines in Sacramento after a man who lives nearby the rented lot where it was held videotaped it and said he was upset that his children could possibly see what was going on.

CBS13 reports: Gaydancing "The home video shows a group called 'The Capitol Crossroads Gay Rodeo Association' at play. Dance contestants' names were called out as men's bare buns and frontal regions are exposed. Monty Stanley shot the video. He says he could see all the nudity from his home across the street. 'They were dancing under the stars,' said Stanley. 'You can't have man on man, woman on woman, men on women, you can't subject these children to looking at that kind of stuff.' Stanley says the night of the dance his kids had neighborhood friends over for the night. 'I was sickened by seeing men on public display there...In clear view of children,' explained Stanley."

A video report on the party, which was held with a legal permit, is here.

Comments

1. I suppose that was the money shot that Money shot...

Posted by: john ozed | Oct 23, 2009 1:06:20 PM

2. I'm curious how many murders those kids see on television and in movies every year– and how many hate crimes.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 23, 2009 1:06:36 PM

3. well looks like dad was using his telephoto lens.....hmmm, im sure he'd be REAL upset if it was men and women ..NOT! ..and FUCK YOU anyway California!

Posted by: Rextrek | Oct 23, 2009 1:11:09 PM

4. If they acted like adults and kept their pants on - or put up a privacy fence - this would be a non-issue.

They set themself up for this complaint by behaving like children by exposing their butts and cocks (if that actually happened).

Other than that - they guy is a bigot.
    Nothing more than that. But he is right to complain if they were exposing themself in public.

Posted by: RJP3 | Oct 23, 2009 1:18:48 PM

5. I wonder when the guy complaining had really amazing sex. My guess is either never or a really long time ago. Just sayin'.

Posted by: Pierre | Oct 23, 2009 1:20:44 PM

6. The guy sounds like an ass, but if this rodeo party had dudes stipping naked in sight of his children, he's right... he still said it like an asshole, but he's right.

Posted by: Jon B | Oct 23, 2009 1:30:41 PM

7. Well, Ah wuz sooo upset by that thar frolickin' ah had to get me tele-photo lens so I could watch the entire e-vent!

After watchin' fer an hour or so, I come to know ah was disgusted by the carryin' ons.

Posted by: Dickster | Oct 23, 2009 1:31:48 PM

8. Sorry, ladies, if it were happening in front of my house in sight of my niece and nephew, I"d have marched over there and told the cowboy queens to get dressed and threaten calling the police myself. Amazing that you people think this is OK, if indeed it happened. I'm not a prude, but I know when to play.

Posted by: David T | Oct 23, 2009 1:37:30 PM

9. hate to say it, but he's right.

Posted by: jpastor717 | Oct 23, 2009 1:40:23 PM

10. calling this guy red neck, or making fun of how he speaks, or questioning when he had "amazing sex" is not the point, and pretty moot.

they were in view from his front yard. they should of put up a fence, or rented a lot that was blocked from public(street) view. it doesnt matter if it was a gay or straight dance. the guy is right.

Posted by: pussyfoot | Oct 23, 2009 1:41:18 PM

11. Why oh why must you take off your pants at a party?? Have some class people, it is foolish acts like these that cost us some votes all the time....

Posted by: David | Oct 23, 2009 1:41:45 PM

12. Folks who organize these things need to putup fences. As this man said, it didn't matter what the sexual orientation was, public nudity is public nudity, and these guys were getting naked in public i a residential area where they could be seen, they were in the wrong and mocking the gentleman for reporting it to the authorities is sad.

Posted by: DR | Oct 23, 2009 1:45:46 PM

13. I don't know enough about the situation to form an opinion yet. If this had to be photographed with a telephoto lens or seen with binoculars then the guy's a prick but if this indeed could be seen easily by any neighbor then he has a point and I'm sure the community has a law that deals with the incedent. People do get naked sometimes (Virginia) and sometimes they do fool around with each other so stop clutching your pearls and stand up straight.

Posted by: Jersey | Oct 23, 2009 1:50:00 PM

14. Agree with the posters above. The guy was probably right.

Being a gay cowboy does not mean you dance around with your ass and penis out. It means that you happen to be gay and like country Western/ rodeo stuff.

Keep your pants on in public or have your party on an approved nude beach.

This just falls right into the "gay people can't control themselves and make everything about sex" trap.

Posted by: JJ Sullivan | Oct 23, 2009 1:58:20 PM

15. I'm a little suspicious here. Why was this guy videotaping this with a zoom lens anyway?

Looking at that video, even with the zoomlens everything was a little blurry . . . and how do we know where he was standing when he shot that? Most consumer video cameras do not have such amazing zoom for him to zoom in that far from his home.

This all smells very fishy to me and I bet he knew it was a gay party, walked over there with his cameras and (unfortunately) saw some silliness going on.

Posted by: Alex | Oct 23, 2009 1:58:35 PM

16. Seriously, I wouldn't do this at my house on 3/4 acre but if I had 20 acres and this was out the back then sure get naked.

Posted by: Jersey | Oct 23, 2009 2:07:57 PM

17. The quote from him mentioned in the news story and on this page is misquoted from what he really said in the video. His beef was not with the gayness, it was with the naked dancers.

You might want to argue that he went out of the way to see them, but he had a house full of kids, and kids aren't exactly known for their lack of curiosity.

It's a crucial time for gay rights and recklessness like this is not going to go unchecked, and its going to work against us now more than ever.

Posted by: Dusty | Oct 23, 2009 2:13:47 PM

18. It looks like they just needed to close the barn door and they would of been fine.

Posted by: brian | Oct 23, 2009 2:15:01 PM

19. "Why oh why must you take off your pants at a party?? "

The party doesn't begin until the pants come off.

"I'm a little suspicious here. Why was this guy videotaping this with a zoom lens anyway?"

Well DUH!!!!!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 23, 2009 2:24:55 PM

20. "Why oh why must you take off your pants at a party?? Have some class people, it is foolish acts like these that cost us some votes all the time...."

Wasn't that part of John McCain's speech to Republican members of the Congress last year?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 23, 2009 2:36:18 PM

21. IF THIS IS TRUE...it's the people's fault. They shouldn't have been naked unless there was a privacy fence. It's just not classy and not respectful.

Posted by: Sean | Oct 23, 2009 2:37:25 PM

22. I couldn't agree more with the complaint. If my kids were able to see stuff like that I will immediately call the police. I don't care if they were straight, gay or wherever. Keep your pants on in public or have your party on an approved nude beach but know if front of the whole world to see!!

Posted by: Justin | Oct 23, 2009 2:39:16 PM

23. Obviously the man who complain is a bigot BUT, why -seriously guys- why is is that there are so many gays that want to make every event a kind of exhibitionist festival? I mean, it's all right folks, but isn't there any other place to do or watch that kind of stuff? And if it's part of the show -assume that it is- knowing how prudish americans are, can't at least take the measures to avoid problems?

Posted by: Lexxvs | Oct 23, 2009 2:48:44 PM

24. So if I'm naked in my house and someone uses a telescope or camcorder for a telephoto lens to spy on me, I could be charged with indecent exposure? Seems like this guy was looking to pick a fight. It is a valid question to ask whether this guy or his kids could even see whats going on with the NAKED eye!

@RaulSez

Posted by: RaulSez | Oct 23, 2009 2:50:19 PM

25. I'm glad to see we all aren't gay zealots giving crass behavior like this a pass. Public indecency is discouraged and fined for a reason... keep it private and away from people who don't want to see it, 'kay?

Posted by: Freddy | Oct 23, 2009 2:50:34 PM