"Ex-Gays" | Gay Marriage | Great Britain | News | Reality TV | Stephen Baldwin

BigGayDeal.com

Stephen Baldwin Praises 'Ex-Gays', Condemns Gay Marriage

Stephenbaldwin

Stephen Baldwin, who recently captured the attention of Brits by joining Celebrity Big Brother in the UK (along with Ivana Trump, Heidi Fleiss, and Sisqo) in order to pay off debts (reportedly over $2 million to the IRS) is still preaching against homosexuality. From a profile in The Guardian:

Stephenbaldwin But then, the day after, we speak again on the phone and I ask him what he'd do if one of his girls came out as a lesbian and the other became a stripper. "Jesus or no Jesus, if my kid started working in a strip club, I'd beat her ass," he hoots. "Now, the other question is interesting and culturally relevant. I have two or three very dear friends who are homosexual and they know I'm born again and we have an understanding that we're just not going there…"

I'm not surprised. For the next 20 minutes, we have an intense discussion – argument, really – during which Stephen reveals that he's all for gay men who, through their faith, reject their homosexuality and get married: "To turn away from that lifestyle is astonishing." Yes, Stephen, it is. And he's definitely not for gay marriage.

What about civil partnerships, I ask wearily.

"I believe that the family unit has fundamentally been the most positive thing for society and I don't believe that any minority has the right to create changes that impact on the majority. That's really the only issue for me."

Baldwin, who became a born-again Christian following 9/11, which he says was a sign from the Lord, has expressed his disapproval of same-sex marriage in the past, telling Howard Stern, "I don’t believe that gay marriage is in line with God’s Word, which is found in the Bible. So, what I think doesn’t matter; what I believe is what’s in the Bible and the Bible says that gay marriage is not acceptable."

Baldwin also told MSNBC he doesn't believe homosexuality is normal and therefore it should be kept out of the public education system.

Baldwin's eviction and a short movie uploaded recently by Boy George in which George goads Baldwin to say, "I love Boy George, and he's gay," AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Another scientifically illiterate has-been.

I wouldn't watch anything he's in if you paid me.

Posted by: Dale | Jan 31, 2010 10:28:01 AM

2. I met him in person once and judging by the company he keeps, I would bet my paycheck that he is a closeted, submissive leather queen. Oh, and a certified wackadoo.

Posted by: Q | Jan 31, 2010 10:55:32 AM

3. What a washed-up douche bag!

Posted by: John DeLozier | Jan 31, 2010 10:58:03 AM

4. Sounds like he should join Celebrity Rehab instead!! How typical of the enormously insecure - that we should all be like them - solves everything, doesn't it !!

Posted by: David | Jan 31, 2010 11:04:42 AM

5. He is a nobody, a nothing. His opinions are like farts. He kinda looks like a washed up ex-hustler meth head. It must be awful living in the shadow of his brother. There's always a runt in the gene pool. I grew up with the Baldwins. They are trash, like the Kennedys of the acting world.

Posted by: Sid | Jan 31, 2010 11:06:11 AM

6. Bitch, you're going down! (well, actually, can he go any further down in relevance these days?)

Posted by: Ravewulf | Jan 31, 2010 11:20:38 AM

7. Someone should tell Stephen that God hates tattoos too.

Leviticus 19:28 “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.”

Posted by: Bobby | Jan 31, 2010 11:22:09 AM

8. Another has been or actually a never was with too much to say who actually think that matter. and as to hitting a child abuse must run in the family remember alec the lames attack on his daughter a family of self important people

Posted by: walter | Jan 31, 2010 11:26:35 AM

9. Yawn... I only half read the post. Guess he doesn't think much of the jews or shellfish either... whatever!

Posted by: Mike | Jan 31, 2010 11:32:01 AM

10. The Baldwin brothers' dad was a teacher who was a strong believer in corporal punishment. It was delivered vigorously and without hesitation. This is true.

Stephen's brain is in his ass. The strong spankings did some irreparable damage.

Posted by: Dan | Jan 31, 2010 11:34:59 AM

11. His only good film, "Threesome," was written and directed by an out gay man -- Andrew Fleming.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jan 31, 2010 11:44:13 AM

12. Good for Stephen for taking a stand. He is not spewing hatred or homophobia. He just believes what he believes and makes no apologies. It's nice to see someone in Hollywood take a stand, knowing it's probably gonna draw negative buzz. But, as he said, this is not necessarily his belief, it's from the Bible, God's word, and born-again Christians go by the Bible. God loves the sinner, just not the sin. For the person talking about tats, maybe he got those before he became a Christian. Maybe he got them after. Who cares really? That's kinda nit picky. Thanks Stephen for the guts to take a stand.

Posted by: Deana | Jan 31, 2010 11:50:39 AM

13. He has a Hannah Montana tattoo, he's irrelevant.

Posted by: Washington | Jan 31, 2010 12:00:41 PM

14. @ Deana... aren't you supposed to be at chuch - or busy updating the The Stephen Baldwin Admiration Circle?

Go away and take you're book of fairy tales with you.

Posted by: Ryan | Jan 31, 2010 12:01:40 PM

15. I hope his future employers keep this into account.....what a jerk.

Posted by: steve | Jan 31, 2010 12:02:56 PM

16. Deana, if you are going to go by the bible, then you have to go by the bible. the tattoo is an abomination, there's no going around it. even if he's "born again" he's doomed himself to an eternity in hell.

Posted by: Todd in NYC | Jan 31, 2010 12:03:15 PM

17. Deana, who cares? Well since the passages in the Bible referring to homosexuality being an abomination are in the same part of Leviticus as the tattoo passages, then it makes a lot of sense to care. We are being nitpicky...he is. He picks and chooses what in the Bible he wants to pretend to care about and ignores the parts that he doesn't want to apply to him.

The Bible also says, give unto Caesar what is Caesar's...he should follow that part too and pay his fucking taxes.

Posted by: Bizzle | Jan 31, 2010 12:04:49 PM

18. Stephen's Born-Again bullshit is the best acting he's ever done -- and the most profitable gig he's ever had. The bible-thumpers will underwrite anyone even modestly famous who publicly espouses their nonsense. Carrie Prejean, for example. And this clown.

Posted by: Daddy Todd | Jan 31, 2010 12:06:51 PM

19. Who?

Posted by: Bob | Jan 31, 2010 12:23:45 PM

20. I used to see him at my gym playing with his daughters when they were very young. Back then he was actually a nice person, and not some desperate man trying to raise publicity by spouting bigoted crap.

Posted by: homer | Jan 31, 2010 12:27:07 PM

21. Both of his brothers Alec (http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/21147270.html) and Billy (http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/04/the_baldwin_brothers_squabblin.html,http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/2008/04/my-chat-with-billy-baldwin.html ) have come out publicly against Stephen's idiotic views. When it comes to the Baldwin brothers, the furry ones are more evolved.

Posted by: Ruddigore | Jan 31, 2010 12:30:30 PM

22. "..and I don't believe that any minority has the right to create changes that impact on the majority. That's really the only issue for me."

I guess I should (as a Black guy) go back to getting my meals out behind the local diner or just forget that the whole civil rights thingee ever happened? Women should run back into the kitchens and obey their hubbies as well?

What a wondeful world it would be.

@Deana: Hon, do you and your bible study class cruise the internets for Gay sites? You're sorta weird for even being here.

Posted by: DEREK WASHINGTON | Jan 31, 2010 12:34:57 PM

23. He has a right to his beliefs. We have a right to ridicule his idiotic tirades. Tit for tat.

Posted by: terry | Jan 31, 2010 12:38:40 PM

24. so, the only reason he's even remotely relevant is cause of his last name.

and we all know that's a family of kookoos anyways.

and Deana, we have every right to criticize those who use the bible to form their views against us. especially if it's only about FOUR vague references out of the 31,102 verses in the entire book. even then, the word homosexual didn't even show up in the vernacular until (the earliest) the 1860s
    (i can keep going...)

that alone should discredit any "xtian" from trying to preach what they don't know

but hey, you can't mix reason with religion

Posted by: Manny | Jan 31, 2010 12:44:16 PM

25. Stephen who? Another brain washed, brain dead bible thumper. Alec as more talent in his baby toe than stephen has in his entire body. Also his brother Billy is much better looking.

Posted by: Harry | Jan 31, 2010 12:45:38 PM