Boy George | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

WATCH: New Boy George Video 'Amazing Grace'

Boygeorge

Some gorgeous new work from Boy George, featuring Fado singer Ana Lains. Glad to see he's making music again.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Very nice perfect blend of music and images.

Posted by: jaragon | Jan 4, 2010 6:31:02 PM

2. IMHO:

Visuals - meh.

Music - stale, dated, generic, circuit party crap that is beneath the true talents of Boy George. How I miss the days of Helen Terry.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jan 4, 2010 6:49:04 PM

3. Nice, but the animated guitar creeps me out.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 4, 2010 6:53:05 PM

4. Good voice. Crap song, crap video.

Posted by: TANK | Jan 4, 2010 6:54:04 PM

5. Not sure why artists still feel the need to put out music videos to accompany their work. Even though I worked at a music video channel in the '80s (MuchMusic in Canada), I've never been fond of the medium. Music should stand on its own, and if you close your eyes and listen to this song it's really beautiful.

Posted by: james | Jan 4, 2010 7:09:50 PM

6. It sounds like he pressed the "Jam & Spoon" preset in his eMagic Logic 4.0 setup. Welcome to the 90s.

Posted by: Scott | Jan 4, 2010 7:14:56 PM

7. Great song. Reminds me of the Greatest Hits compilation that he did about a decade ago that included songs not releasesed in the States. He really is a great talent. I hope he is past his troubles.

Posted by: George | Jan 4, 2010 7:36:32 PM

8. George was making music a few years ago on his Youtube channel but didn't try to get much attention. He's an awesomely talented musician. It makes me sad his earlier drug offenses put such a damper on his career so soon after he left Culture Club.

Posted by: sparks | Jan 4, 2010 7:55:38 PM

9. I will always love this man.

Posted by: Ken Atkins | Jan 4, 2010 8:09:42 PM

10. Damn... It seems I am the only one who actually likes the video !!! I have always been a fan of Graphic artists Mike & George and Boy George as well ... Turns out it's a great meeting of the minds

Posted by: Mark | Jan 4, 2010 9:34:59 PM

11. perhaps i am not so raw a cynic as i imagined. i enjoyed the graphics of the video and thought it complimented, with its mi9xed metaphors the artistic fusion of the song. it was a pleasing audio visual experience for me, and i hope for more similar. i too hope the monkey is off mr dowd's back, leaving him free to use what remains of his life to create.

Posted by: jack | Jan 4, 2010 10:20:15 PM

12. Think it's cool and so glad it's not the hip-hop genre,yuk. Great Video ,nice vocals,great vibe.

Posted by: chad | Jan 4, 2010 10:20:30 PM

13. how is it possible that I agree with all the comments?!

the Boy's still here. For me, 'nuff said. Yes, I miss the old days. Yes, he's under - appreciated/used/performed/utilized his talents. Plus, not many people remember how soulful he could be. There were times (back when TV was exciting before TiVo) when Boy George showed up and flew past what he was singing, what he was supposed to be doing, where he was performing and with whom he was singing and he. just. soared.

George's voice doesn't sound ravaged and the song - whether great or not - is not an embarrassment. I too hope he's overcome his demons because there's still time to sing.

Posted by: hank | Jan 4, 2010 10:34:24 PM

14. Not bad at all. Good for him.

Posted by: Cyd | Jan 4, 2010 10:47:11 PM

15. Most people don't remember the incredible success of Boy George and Culture Club in their brief 4 year run as a band. Culture Club enjoyed the distinction of being the first group since The Beatles to have three Top Ten hits from a debut album in America. Boy George, for all his bad choices, continued to write some beautiful Pop songs, including what was perhaps the most moving of all songs written about those who past of Aids, "Il Adore." Certainly, many of his antics have been cringe inducing, but then so have the antics of many rock stars. He has written another lovely ballad that can be danced too, and it is nice to see him putting his voice out there again, for it is that voice, married to the music he writes that he should be remembered for.

Posted by: MackMichael | Jan 4, 2010 11:21:39 PM

16. wouldn't have mattered if i hated the music and/or video, i'm just so happy that he is making music again. i was pleasantly reminded of Culture Club just a bit while listening to this Amazing Grace. this made me a little happier today.

Posted by: casey | Jan 4, 2010 11:40:18 PM

17. Glad he's back, but still prefer Bow Down Mister.

Posted by: David R. | Jan 5, 2010 1:55:07 AM

18. Horrible song, horrible video, horrible human being.
    And how can people say his voice isn't trashed? It's gone, nothing like it sounded in the 80's
    I used to like him in the 80's, but I realized what a bitchy hypocritical nasty person he is, who only cares about fame and being the center of attention
    I'm not happy he's back. I wish he would retire and go away permanently.
    This song will flop.

Posted by: Tommy | Jan 7, 2010 3:32:46 PM

19. I am rather impressed with this song...His last effort "Yes We Can" fell short of what George is capable of and this song proves he is a genius song writer. Videos were only ever meant to promote a song...and leave a visual to it's audience...this song does that! though the guitars are a little odd...still I am happy the king of white heat is back! Cheers

Posted by: Glynn | Jan 9, 2010 7:47:05 PM

20. Harsh Tommy !! I would like BG to get back to his reggae roots. This song sounds dated, the video is cute, although voguing blondes in tights is a bit "bedroom mirror" to me...

Posted by: ty | Apr 9, 2010 1:17:16 PM