Haiti | Lady Gaga | News | Tim Gunn | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #606

GAY COUPLE HELPS HAITI: Luke Montgomery and Nate Guidas want your help in getting emergency supplies to Haitian disaster zones. Their website HERE.

LADY GAGA: Her AmFAR performance. Part two here.

TIM GUNN: His appearance on The View.

ALI VELSHI: Gets a Howard Stern American Idol prank call.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Pardon the cynicism, but do we need to see the couple's logo, before the video of Haiti. Are we feeding Haiti or their ego? It just struck me as odd.

Posted by: NotRyan Fil | Feb 11, 2010 5:07:18 PM

2. It's strange that just yesterday I wondered, out of nowhere, what has Luke Sissyfag, whom I haven't seen in the news or talk shows in a dozen years, been doing. Today I see the answer here: He's now a bearish-looking Luke Montgomery, working to save lives in Haiti.

Posted by: GregV | Feb 11, 2010 5:20:00 PM

3. Tim Gunn always creeps me out. Plus he is a shill for Macy's which is reason enough to dislike him.

Posted by: PDX_Guy | Feb 11, 2010 5:25:35 PM

4. Even I can't mock two guys working for people in need, but the Luke Sissyfag comment really made me laugh. And yeah, the video is a bit slick and could definitely be shortened, but so be it.

It's a hell of a lot less painful to watch than the crap-quality Gaga videos, and I like her. Also, maybe she hasn't released that song because no one wants to hear it.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 11, 2010 7:01:53 PM

5. Paul, that Sissyfag moniker didn't come out of nowhere! Check this dude's history by clicking on my name. He used to allow himself to be paraded around by the Religious Right.

Posted by: Spyro | Feb 11, 2010 7:22:00 PM

6. That guy Luke seems absolutely horrible, and his self-written self-aggrandizing Wikipedia page should be deleted right away. I wouldn't necessarily trust guys who are more concerned with their egos and making a statement with my earthquake relief money either.

Posted by: Mike | Feb 12, 2010 1:55:59 AM

7. When I first became aware of Luke, he was wearing sequined dresses and high heels and getting in the news for interrupting and screaming at straight people like Bill Clinton.
    A year later, I saw him on Phil Donahue's show having changed his name back to Montgomery. The new persona he had adopted was all buttoned-down and conservative but still screaming and still extreme, only now he was on the right-wingers' side, screaming at gay people ("Just shut up and stop the victimology! Nobody cares if you're gay!") and telling a sporty-looking gay woman who was there something like that she should grow her hair long and put on a dress because "there are only two genders, male and female."

I won't assume he's still that extreme or annoying, because he must have been something like 19 or 20 years old at the time and was clearly trying to figure himself out, like every young adult has to do.

It would be great if his passionate (but sometimes misguided) energy has been turned into positive directions now.

Posted by: GregV | Feb 12, 2010 3:01:39 AM