Christina Aguilera | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #625

WOMEN IN POLITICS: A Victory Fund celebration.

JAMIE STROUD: A gay college student on being intact. (language possibly nsfw)

ERYKAH BADU: No regrets about stripping naked in Dealey Plaza.

BIONIC: Christina Aguilera talks about her new album with Ryan Seacrest.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. You go JAMIE STROUD!!

End Superstition/mythology-based infant mutilation!!

Parents/Doctors/Clergy have no right to make a decision like this for someone else unless it's a matter of life and death (and it NEVER is!!)

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Mar 31, 2010 5:00:50 PM

2. James Stroud is Chip from Randy blue. He has Asperger Syndrome. On his private website he has a video of him eating his own poop.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 31, 2010 5:06:47 PM

3. "James Stroud is Chip from Randy blue. On his private website he has a video of him eating his own poop."

I was going to say something about how ridiculous James Stroud is, but there is nothing I could say that could possibly top this.

Posted by: joeyhegele | Mar 31, 2010 5:19:35 PM

4. Woah, Jamie Stroud is back? Didn't he disappear from the internets for a long time?

Posted by: Jon B | Mar 31, 2010 5:38:11 PM

5. Haha, re: Jamie Stroud. Funny, when he talks about his current job as a stripper, he doesn't talk about "she" grabbed my penis, it's very gender neutral. I'm guessing he works at a gay club.

Posted by: EricLA | Mar 31, 2010 6:08:42 PM

6. You go Miss Badu! You have nothing to apologize for.

Posted by: Brandon | Mar 31, 2010 6:37:25 PM

7. Whatever I'm proud of my circumcised dick and wouldn't have it any other way.

Posted by: KF | Mar 31, 2010 7:15:26 PM

8. Proud of your dick? Are you similarly proud of your elbows?

Posted by: DD | Mar 31, 2010 7:48:19 PM

9. Check out the URL; NSFW! It's a clip of Jamie dancing lol.

Posted by: Rob | Mar 31, 2010 7:49:41 PM

10. It's genital mutilation based upon religious myths and taboos. Please stop the insanity.

Posted by: niles | Mar 31, 2010 8:26:58 PM

11. But uncut looks gross and smelly. Ewwwwwwww. Circumcision rocks!

AND! AND!

TADA!!!!! GET CUT!

Posted by: TANK | Mar 31, 2010 8:42:28 PM

12. Erykah must be REALLY wanting to jump start her career again. That was a lame call for attention.

Posted by: B-rod | Mar 31, 2010 8:50:18 PM

13. I'm gonna agree with Tank here. Circumcised penises are much more attractive to me. When I think of uncut, I think of my dad. Now that's an ewwww.

Posted by: Rodney | Mar 31, 2010 8:56:25 PM

14. "But uncut looks gross and smelly. Ewwwwwwww. Circumcision rocks! "

And you were doing so well.

"March 29, 2007 -- Circumcised men are up to 60% less likely to get HIV, and now the World Health Organization and the UNAIDS program recommend adult surgery to slow the AIDS pandemic."

Those studies are heavily flawed. And even if you disregard that, the same people going on about its supposed benefits have also acknowledged that they don't apply to homosexuals. And it's not as if 90%+ circumcision rates in the United States did much to curb HIV infection in the 1970s and 80s.

"I'm gonna agree with Tank here. Circumcised penises are much more attractive to me. "

Males can make that choice for themselves when they're adults. Unless there's a pressing medical need (and there almost never is), then parents have no reason to surgically alter their child.

I won't go as far as some and denote it as mutilation, or advocate its criminalization, but I am tired of people suggesting that routine circumcision is anything other than an arbitrary cultural practice.

Posted by: Zach | Mar 31, 2010 9:31:05 PM

15. No, they can't make the choice for themselves. No one would want that once they're adults. NO ONE! Look, you can go defend your hiv is a government conspiracy blah blah blah bullshit theories ("it was flawed!") all you want, but the bottom line is that uncircumised cocks look disgusting, despite what a few weirdos say. Pukey gross.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 31, 2010 9:41:02 PM

16. Mine grew back. Ta da! I like dicks either way, and while I am sure it was a traumatic event as an infant, so was birth. I have had many traumatic experiences since and have managed to live thru them just fine. So anti-circumcision folks need to tone it down.

That said, if I had a son, I probably wouldn't have it done.

Posted by: Odsbjorn | Mar 31, 2010 10:22:54 PM

17. There are definite health benefits to circumcision. The studies on HIV infection have only demonstrated efficacy on heterosxual men though. Research has not demonstrated circumcision as a protective variable in MSM. As a Nurse Practitioner, I have seen some horrendous infections in uncircumcised men over the years, most of whom are debilitated and elderly and cannot care for themselves or provide proper hygiene for themselves. Uncurcimsized men also have higher rates of penile cancer. Beyond the aethethic appearance of a circumsized penis most people tend to favor, the health benefits make it worthwhile.

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Apr 1, 2010 1:41:48 AM

18. My partner and I are raising three kids, two boys and a girl. We are both Irish, recovering Catholics, and we were mutilated as infants. Despite the "sons must look like Daddy" issues some men have, we agreed with our pediatrician that it is an unnecessary, painful and ridiculous cultural faux pas. We would no more mutilate our sons' genitals than we would our daughter's. Obviously, if my sons get together with a man or woman who is repulsed by a natural penis, they do not belong with that person. As for "Dr. Blackwell", your comments are not relevant to modern, educated American society. Genital mutilation of any person, against their will, without their consent, is criminal. Period.

Posted by: Boone68 | Apr 1, 2010 2:18:26 AM

19. Re: Circumcision
    I loved Jamie Stroud's video. A friend of mine created a children's book about the very same topic: "I Want My Foreskin for Giftmas".

Rock on!

Posted by: Michael | Apr 1, 2010 10:23:44 AM

20. "Beyond the aethethic appearance of a circumsized penis most people tend to favor, the health benefits make it worthwhile."

Who are most people? For every Tank who screams and covers his eyes at the sight of a natural penis, there are people who prefer dicks with foreskin intact. Most Americans may prefer cut cocks because that's what we're used to. I suspect Europeans may beg to differ. BTW, I have a circumcised penis and am fine with my mushroom head, but I find it laughable that some people get all ewwww about a natural body part. Guess you guys won't be cruising on your next European vacation!

Posted by: Ernie | Apr 1, 2010 10:25:54 AM

21. Oh you sad pathetic queers. You must have really small cocks to be upset about a tiny flap of skin being taken off it.

As if there aren't true crimes being committed in the world today.

To compare routine, safe male circumcision performed in sanitary hospitals to the kind of female gential cutting that goes among the savage tribes in Africa in order to maintain a social structure of male dominance and female sexual submission, shows such an extreme level of ignorance that you might as well just swallow a canister of Clorox now and do the entire world a favor by increasing the average intelligence of the rest of the population.

Posted by: GrabbinNewscum | Apr 1, 2010 5:08:04 PM

22. I wasn't going to comment, but I feel the need to refute the last comment of the moment.

Is circumcision equatable to female circumcision? I can't say. I'm uncut and male. I can say that male circumcision is incredibly common, medically unnecessary, and typically completely non-consensual. Non-consensual body modification goes against my core ethics, regardless of whether or not it is a human rights violation of similar caliber.

I don't think it's fair or accurate to compare one violation to another. All atrocities are terrible. Perceiving that one is not as bad as another does not make the lesser acceptable. This type of ethical hedging is insupportable, as is the attempt to demean the desire to remain intact, and ensure their sons do as well. It is uncalled for and offensive.

For those interested, here is and excellent (albeit hyperbolic) take on circumcision, emphasizing the worst aspect of it.

Posted by: theo | Apr 1, 2010 5:43:34 PM

23. Really Nurse Dr Blackwell...latest reports NEGATE those stupid myths...
    It's just stupid religious crap and doctors fees that keep the mutilation of the male genital "fashionable".
    There is no medical reason for the ritual mutilation of such a life giving organ.

Jamie ROCKS.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Apr 1, 2010 6:42:31 PM

24. It may terrible, but you can and do compare one atrocity to another. Unless you think that there's an equivalence in value between one death and a million...in which case, I suggest some good medication.

There are some values, however, that don't lend themselves to easy comparison. Female mutilation is simple not on a par with circumcision for the fact that its purpose is to eliminate sexual satisfaction from the act, and insofar as it is successful, reduces or ends the chance of having an orgasm during one's life. If sexual pleasure is a good to be valued, and circumcision doesn't foreclose on it (and it doesn't), then clearly the two are not equivalent.

Posted by: TANK | Apr 1, 2010 6:46:54 PM

25. Hey, if you're okay with an ugly smelly cock that only the most depraved and degenerate want anything to do with...go for it! Oh, and penile cancer! And probly hiv/aids. So if you like uncircumcised peens, then you like hiv/aids. Do you like hiv/aids? No, right?

Posted by: TANK | Apr 1, 2010 6:52:04 PM