Watch: Cute Kid Has Realization Two Husbands Can Be Together

YT: "Made by John Hill and Micah Schraft. This moment was captured the day after thanksgiving. We bought our flip cam two days before and were testing it out. We were on our way to the kitchen when Calen stopped us to ask for help washing his hands."

Comments

1. Sargon Bighorn says

And off he goes to pursue far more important issues, like ping pong. Children are taught hatred, it’s nothing inherent. This little guy has not been taught hatred and his logical mind was able to make the simple basic calculation that husband + husband = Love.

Sweet.

2. Miller says

He’s such a sweet kid. I hope he remains as open-minded as he grows up and heads off to school … wonder if this video will go viral like that of the “After the dentist ‘Is this real life?’ kid”

3. Bannik says

Children speak the truth – “so that means you love each other!” I wish everyone would realize that it is JUST THAT SIMPLE.
    No threat, just love; now let’s all go play ping pong.

4. MikeInSanJose says

LOL @LetSodomRing.

Religionists always talk gay sexual ‘recruitment’. Because we are all born with an overwhelming desire to sit in church on Sunday mornings and be told how to act and how to believe and that we need to surrender at least 10% of our earnings, but who and how we love is some nasty little lesson we were taught by dirty old men that we need to be cured from.

If I recall, historically the major religious tenet has always been “Believe or Die!” No recruitment necessary there, eh?

The church hates the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and America at large. Their existence undermines their power.

5. sparks says

I really wish this had been the very first thing I saw this morning.. I’d have been in a great mood all day!

What I find so utterly fantastic is that this video by pure chance they captured a life-affirming, love-affirming, completely spontaneous, ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME moment. And honestly, could the kid have been any more precious?!!

Very lucky guys. :)

6. E. says

I love that he ends with “you can play if you want to.” New information absorbed, worldview adjusted, nice gay couple invited to join him in a game. Why isn’t this how the world always works??

7. Jon B says

I love John Hill… If you haven’t heard of Bare, you should check it out. He starred in it off Broadway. It’s an amazing musical about secret gay teen love in catholic school.

8. says

Clearly, children are incapable of understanding two people of the same sex can love and marry each other. Those rightwing nuts are so right that this is “too contreversial” to allow schools to teach about equality, or for states to legalize marriage equality.

/sarcasm off

9. TampaZeke says

Wow, he looked absolutely devastated. He was clearly traumatized and will probably require counseling for the rest of his life, right Maggie?

Telling a child that two people, regardless of gender, can love each other doesn’t cause confusion or trauma. Trying to explain to children that some love is good and other love is evil, THAT’S what confuses them and screws with their heads.

10. eric/nyc says

That was so adorable, funny, and teaching. I hope this doesn’t just appear on the gay blogs. It would be great if Ellen, Oprah, Bonnie Hunt would show this vid on their show.

11. says

This is beautiful. The realization is shocking, but not earth-shattering. While some might argue that this is part of the “gay agenda,” I do not see this as brainwashing. No coercion or persuasion is used. The child is confronted with the fact, accepts it, and then invites the couple to play ping-pong.

Life goes on. Thank you, little kid. You give me hope for the future.

12. says

Bill O’Reilly needs to see this, with all his ranting about how kids would be traumatized by two guys or girls together. They would be if that is what they are Taught…not if they are told that they are two people who love each other. Period. End of ‘trauma.’
    Love that kid.

^^X^^

13. Cathy says

How nice!!! I have been promoting gay friendly attitude to my kids for awhile.I point out that homosexuality exists in nature and is not rare or wrong. I think they get it and have an anti gay bashing atmosphere in school. My hubby and I were missionaries and live in a conservative christian town, but I promote the belief in equality in a non hostile way. This kid gets the lesson all by himself. Good for him!

14. Disgusted American says

hmm, nice vid! Know what confuses kids…? when they see adults/older people fighting, yelling..causing each other pain..thats confuses kids…esp. when THEY are taught to be kind to one another – yet, the grown-ups seem to do the opposite.

15. Darrell says

There is hope yet, that little guy was cool. accepting, and had no qualms about people loving other people no matter who they were. A product of a VERY loving family.

16. jamal49 says

This made my day and I thank you for posting this wonderful, love-affirming, life-affirming testament to how the world could really be if it wasn’t for the corrosive, poisonous influence of the devil-children of Abraham (Judaism-Christianity-Islam).

That little boy in all his beautiful innocence has destroyed any and every argument NOM has or will ever muster against the right of two people to love one another and to marry.

Just wonderful!

17. Les says

Oh, you’ve made it private! I saw it last night and I want to share it with everybody. I understand the reasons you might make it private, but is there any chance it will be available to see again? It’s just so beautiful!

18. Tank Still Sucks says

Wow it’s like the first Towleroad post in years with no drama, no racism, no general douchebaggery. And then Tank ruins it by mocking people.

Why does this prick continue to post here? Just run him off already.

19. ray says

oh, please make this video public again. it truly is amazing. i’m a dad and i know how we all try so hard to keep our kids’ thoughts private, but this is the stuff that actually makes a difference out there in the world. this is the perfect example of how kids are about love and how, over time, our world fills them with something else.

20. Mark says

What happened? The video was removed from YouTube… This was one of the most heartwarming, feel good videos I’ve seen in a LONG time. Why would they take it down??

Let John Hill and Micah Schraft know that many people want to see this and it should be reposted.