Gay Marriage | News | Ricky Martin

BigGayDeal.com

Did Ricky Martin Date Major Homophobe Eduardo Verastegui?

Verastegui

A Latin American tabloid is reporting that Eduardo Verastegui and Ricky Martin used to be a secret item. Verastegui is a Mexican model, singer, and actor who rose to fame with the help of much idolatry from gay fans, yet dashed their love on the rocks when he began actively campaign for Proposition 8 to the Hispanic community.

Still, there have been plenty of rumors that Verastegui, like Martin before last month, isn't living his truth.

Check out Verastegui's spot for "Yes on 8", AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Is there video? I'm just asking for a , uh, frien, yeah, that's it, a..friend.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Apr 22, 2010 11:29:22 AM

2. The really really funny part is that HE IS MEXICAN...
    so he cant vote for NOTHING at the US.
    Why does he bother talking to a community he doesnt belong to???

And the worst part is that gay mexicans (like me) made the guy famous because he was SO HOT when he was young.

Posted by: Raul | Apr 22, 2010 11:32:06 AM

3. I'm all for outing people if they are hypocrites, and encourage people to discriminate while they're secretly having gay sex, paying for gay escorts, cruising men in public restrooms, etc. So if he did have a relationship with Ricky Martin, he should be outed.

Posted by: Larry | Apr 22, 2010 11:57:55 AM

4. I agreewith Larry - OUT him!!! If he's a Hypocrit wrking against LGBT equality..while reaping the Benefits of Pretending to be str8, all the while wrking against LGBT people - OUT this Motherfucker!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Apr 22, 2010 12:06:39 PM

5. Derek, I have that same ...... uh friend.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Apr 22, 2010 12:07:12 PM

6. Please post a warning when a link directs you to Pig Boy Perez's site.

I hate that sack of shit.

Posted by: REYnoldo | Apr 22, 2010 12:12:59 PM

7. This article explains a lot.

He rediscovered his Catholic faith a few years ago. Another self-loathing closet-case hiding behind religion. I agree - he truly deserves to be outed.

Posted by: Paul | Apr 22, 2010 12:20:19 PM

8. Yep--no secret he is a big closet case hiding behind spirituality. Just like Ricky Martin being gay--that was widely known in Mexico in gay circles as early as the 90s--dating his boyfriend while telling everyone he was dating Rebecca DeAlba. Whatever.

I don't support outing people either, but after Eduardo's little Spanish PSA against Prop 8, I say give it to him with both barrels. Te lo buscaste, cabron...

Posted by: Mark | Apr 22, 2010 12:30:21 PM

9. @REYNOLDO Sacks of shit everywhere are disgusted with your uncalled for comparison.

Posted by: Stephen | Apr 22, 2010 12:50:00 PM

10. To be honest, TVyNovelas has as much journalistic integrity as Star Magazine, so take it with a grain of salt...

Posted by: CARLOS | Apr 22, 2010 1:03:56 PM

11. Oh god, I'm sorry to the sacks of shit. I didn't mean to hurt their feelings.

Posted by: REYnoldo | Apr 22, 2010 1:13:22 PM

12. People have a right to their opinions - especially a hunky Mexican model/actor/waiter/whatever. But if you're (1) a public figure and (2) lying about your sexual orientation, you should be outed. Sorry, but it comes with the territory.

I'm trying to block the visual of the two of them, without much success....

Posted by: Steve | Apr 22, 2010 1:51:51 PM

13. (a) el senor Verastegui is gay and (b) he should have his ass outed. Eduardo is a back-stabbing ingrate who is too much of a pinche cobarde to face up to his truth and accept his gayness. There are no excuses anymore, Eduardo. You might as well come clean on your own before you are FORCED to come out of the closet.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 22, 2010 2:01:27 PM

14. I've been following the story of CLOSET QUEEN Eduardo for a long time, in both English and Spanish, including the blog LATIN GOSSIP.

That Eduardo is persona non grata here in Hollywood and will never work in this town, not because of his self-hate, but because of the damage he has tried to force on others to live a LIE like him.

Of course, he's working for the Catholic church and is getting paid, so he has to continue to spill out HATE toward others like him. He needs to be attacked back.

So sorry to hear Ricky fell for this ASS HOLE. I read the emails in this magazine, and it appears he still has a place in his heart for him. Ricky even emails him before he comes out.

I wish Ricky would denounce him and think with his head not his heart this time. Eduardo is a freaking CLOSET QUEEN ASS HOLE!

Posted by: FunMe | Apr 22, 2010 2:23:40 PM

15. He comes across an evil closet case- I do hope somewhere there is some photo evidence of this creep sucking "pinga"

Posted by: jaragon | Apr 22, 2010 6:21:05 PM

16. I'm a gay man...even I know it's not cool to out anyone just because his/her opinion may not be the same as everyone else's. Where is the tolerance from the gay community that we so look for from the hetero community? We are no better than they are...it's called a double standard!

Posted by: Marco | Apr 24, 2010 5:23:47 PM

17. Marco, that rule exists only for people who don't actively discriminate against lgbt'ers and try to harm the community. It does not apply to eduardo, who is guilty of trying to harm lgbt'ers while being a closeted homosexual himself. Hypocrisy like that needs to exposed as a matter of justice. I don't think you're gay, marco...and if you are, you aren't very intelligent...for you, like many posters here at towleroad, believe sincerely that the intolerance of intolerance is intolerance that is not to be tolerated (I know you probably didn't follow that, but reread it a few times until it makes sense to you). Not only do you contradict yourself with that dogma, but you have no way of formulating any principle of justice based on fairness with your pinheaded worldview.

Posted by: TANK | Apr 24, 2010 5:31:15 PM

18. TANK ... you said it best!

Posted by: FunMe | Apr 24, 2010 8:38:10 PM

19. omg!
    a big middle finger to Eduardo. What i hate the most is that he tarnishes the entire latin community by saying "as a proud latin man". I hope the rumors get confirmed so that people see the hypocrisy behind prop 8.

Posted by: jay | Apr 25, 2010 6:47:45 PM

20. I can't believe the hateful rhetoric being spewed in these comments. A little tolerance for others goes a long way to get others to listen to your point of view. Eduardo Verastegui personal life is none of my business. All I know is he his doing great work, he believes the unborn have rights and he is openly vocal about his point of view. As far as his involvement with Ricky Martin, that was decades ago. He admits to having some regrets about his past and that he has embraced his religious beliefs and is more devout. Not unlike Ricky Martin, Eduardo has decided to take a different path then the one he traveled in his youth. We should be tolerant of both these men, these decisions cannot be easy to make.

Posted by: mymarie | May 13, 2010 12:39:22 AM

21. I agree with the above post. It seems the only hate being spewed is towards Eduardo (mostly from gays) not actually coming from Eduardo. You ask for tolerance while screaming hate and spreading rumors - I see hate and hypocrisy are alive and well in the online gay community.

Posted by: Leena | Jun 18, 2010 5:57:49 AM

22. SERIOUSLY. EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO THERE OWN OPINION. SOME PEOPLE THINK DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHERES. WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING TO EDUARDO IS EXACTLY THE SAME THING THE ALOT OF PEOPLE DO TO GAY,LES, ETC. YOU ARE NO BETTER. JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT AGREE WITH SOMEONE DOESNT MEAN ITS OKAY TO BASH THEM.

Posted by: andy | Jul 31, 2010 4:31:36 PM

23. I knew Eduardo was gay when we had met outside a club in L.A. several years ago. I couldn’t care less if he came out. Next thing, he’ll get married to go deeper into the closet- like Tom Cruise jajaja

Posted by: LightWay | Nov 26, 2010 5:23:42 AM

24. I am straight, though I do not know anyone who doesn't have homosexual tendencies of some kind, whether because of abuse or sexual imagery that is everywhere in today's society. Though I think you choose your path, and he is choosing one that gives him peace, as I find living according to God's guidance gives me more peace than any relationship with a man or woman could ever give me. He's not living in the closet; he is living a new and better life, as all born-again Christians are - a happier life with no one to answer to, except God. If you don't understand that, then you can't ethically comment on it or judge it.

Posted by: Christian | Dec 2, 2010 11:05:02 AM

25. MYMARIE and LEENA and ANDY ... and the rest of you who don't "get it" or aren't smart enough to understand what Eduardo is doing.

Read TANK's post to help you to "get it".

When people HARM others with their so-called "beleif" and try to IMPOSE it on others, then absolutely people need to attack him back and criticize him.

Meanwhile, "Christian" ... nice try with your little EUTOPHIA fantasy. Eduardo can follow whatever closet past, but NO he does not get a free pass when actively worked for Prop8 to deny others their gay marriage equality. MANY gays follow a Christian path too by the way. But they aren't out there JUDGING and IMPOSING their viewpoints on others.

So you don't like the criticism of Eduardo? So what! He will continue to get it the more he IMPOSES.

Posted by: FunMe | Dec 3, 2010 8:33:42 PM