Comments

1. Anthony in Nashville says

I am assuming the man on the left is gay. That looks a little too passionate for a straight man, even one “caught up in the moment.”

2. tinhouston says

doesn’t look like to me that the recipient is pushing him away. in fact, doesn’t it look like he’s almost ‘receiving’ as opposed to rejecting the kiss?
    sweet.

3. Pinkyy says

Scholesy had just scored a goal that could mean everything for MU possibly winning the league in three games’ time. I suspect John Wayne himself would have kissed the lad on the day. Although I bet Owen Hargreaves is a better kisser than Gary…

4. Angela Channing says

What is interesting is the news article mentions the kiss in the lead paragraph but is pretty non-chalant about it. The article then goes on as a regular sports feature. Could you imagine in the US? The kiss would likely be the main focus and I am sure commentators would be saying nasty things, not to mention viewers or blog readers.

5. johnny says

It’s an odd double standard, for sure.

These guys are teamed up with the same types of hooligans who offer some of the worst homophobia available (including violent behavior against gays), yet this kiss is acceptable and nobody bats an eye.

What a strange world it is out there.

6. Joe James says

An expression of innocent joy! Right there, in front of everyone.

Even after millenia of repression the religionists haven’t been able to stamp it out.

Oh, to be in that locker room right after.

7. Bryan Harrison says

A straight photographer friend once told me, “I started shooting gay guys because I knew the photos would sell. I didn’t stop to think that everyone would suddenly assume I was gay. But mostly, I didn’t realize how much of my life was controlled by the fear other guys would think I was queer, and how free I’d be once I got over it.”

8. EJ says

Can you imagine !
    May drinks by candlelight after and possibly a hot tub.
    Those boys deserve it . . . . after a long and hard game !

Just keep playing on !