Anna Paquin | Cyndi Lauper | I'm Gay | News | Stephen Moyer | True Blood

True Blood's Anna Paquin: I'm Bisexual and I Give a Damn

Pquin

I keep thinking everything's an April Fool joke, and I certainly hope this isn't. In a new PSA for the True Colors Fund, Anna Paquin, who is engaged to True Blood co-star Stephen Moyer, says she is bisexual.

RadarOnline reports: "Our source tells us that people close to Paquin, who were at the shoot, did not know she was going to make the statement, and it was a surprise to them. ing they 'Give A Damn' about equality as they too publicly declare their sexuality, be it straight, gay or bisexual. The True Colors Fund is the non-profit arm of the True Colors Tour. Co-founded by Cyndi Lauper, the organization, according to it’s website, is dedicated 'to inspire and engage everyone, particularly the straight community, to become active participants in the advancement of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) equality and ensure a strong and vibrant LGBT community.'"

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. TCF is a great organization. Glad to see it receiving some publicity and support from other celebs.

Posted by: Blake | Apr 1, 2010 10:26:59 AM

2. I like her and her fiance'...Mr Moyers/BILL....cant wait for TRUE BLOOD to start bk up!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Apr 1, 2010 10:40:22 AM

3. I have so much respect for Cyndi Lauper to use her celebrity status to make a difference for our community! I wish they were more people like her! Her continuos support towards equality is inspiring to me! THANK YOU CYNDI THANK YOU!!!

Posted by: Paul | Apr 1, 2010 10:43:09 AM

4. I agree, Paul. I saw Cyndi's True Colors concert (raising money for equality) two years ago. She has done so much to make a difference.

I really like the way this ad starts: "I'm straight." "I'm gay." "I'm bisexual." "And i give a damn."
    There are so many other celebrities who have taken a stand for equality whom I'd love to see in these ads: like Brad Pitt (straight) and Angelina Jolie (bi), Ricky Martin (gay), Portia diRossi (gay), Charlize Theron, Pete Wentz.
    They could have themed ads. For example, I could envision a mixed bag of recent Real World castmates doing one and current or former professional athletes/coaches doing another.

Posted by: GregV | Apr 1, 2010 10:58:05 AM

5. Ok, who is the guy at the 0:05 mark... I'm drawing a blank.

Posted by: DR | Apr 1, 2010 1:21:25 PM

6. An Oscar winner who's bisexual. NO i dont believe it ;)

Posted by: Rovex | Apr 1, 2010 2:46:00 PM

7. This made my heart jump for joy inside my chest. I hope more of us bisexuals speak up and put ourselves in public view to help the fight of equality for all.

Posted by: Leah C | Apr 1, 2010 3:38:44 PM

8. Oh, go away, Anna. You're just another slimy female using female bisexuality as a marketing ploy. We in the gay community don't want you nor need you.

Note how Anna didn't tell us anything about hubby Stephen. Is Stephen bisexual too, Anna? Cat got your tongue, honey?

Posted by: jason | Apr 1, 2010 6:50:21 PM

9. Could it be, jason? Could it be the FEMALE BISEXUAL DOUBLE STANDARD? OMG! Think of the children! Everyone in the basement, now!

Posted by: TANK | Apr 1, 2010 6:55:14 PM

10. What do you mean she didn't tell us about fiancee Bill? Haha, I don't think the PSA was about tabloid styled rumors or had the need to satisfy people's lust for more information and juicy gossip. The girl said she's bi, so freaking let her be bi. I love that some people can tell us we're evil for being LGBT, and you tell her she's sucking up attention for saying she is?

Get a life

Posted by: Kyle | Apr 2, 2010 5:27:28 PM

11. I agree with Jason. I like Anna Paquin but am a little tired of women in hetero relationships proclaiming they are bi. Its insulting to bisexual woman who are the real deal and don't want to be reduced to being perceived as straight men's playthings. And I'd also love to see some male celebs come out as bisexual.

Posted by: Fern | Apr 4, 2010 2:07:17 PM