Apple | Video

Watch: Baseball Bat Vs. iPad

Ipad

I'm still scratching my head as to what these guys are trying to prove by smashing a brand new iPad with a baseball bat. What a waste of $500.

Watch what not do to your iPad, AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. more mindless destruction and waste, just like the iphone in the blender. i'm with you andy, i just don't get it.

Posted by: zach | Apr 4, 2010 11:21:23 AM

2. hm. pretty stupid.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 4, 2010 11:29:03 AM

3. Just as stupid as the guy they interviewed in line for an iPad that said "I don't know what it does, but how else will I learn unless I buy one?" Ah, consumerism.

Posted by: Billy | Apr 4, 2010 11:32:20 AM

4. It's a post-modern comment on the consumer identity and the overriding desire to always purchase the new thing.

No, wait, it's just a bunch of douchebags with money to burn. Disappointing.

Posted by: Zeke | Apr 4, 2010 11:33:43 AM

5. must be DROID people. hahahah

Posted by: Vito Oliver | Apr 4, 2010 11:48:52 AM

6. I don't mean to sound self righteous, but that is a device that could have been donated to any number of organizations or schools...to use or to raffle. What stupidity....

Posted by: Angela Channing | Apr 4, 2010 11:50:17 AM

7. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. No one pays $500 for a baseball bat, unless it's a collector's item or something, but in that case you'd never use it on an iPad.

Posted by: Alan | Apr 4, 2010 11:51:42 AM

8. And you know what guys? After all that, you still have little dicks.

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 4, 2010 11:54:41 AM

9. Reminds me of the chimp scenes at the beginning of the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Posted by: Mike | Apr 4, 2010 12:00:47 PM

10. Just stupid.

Posted by: Drew | Apr 4, 2010 12:04:26 PM

11. Their parents must be so proud.

Posted by: Marco | Apr 4, 2010 12:08:44 PM

12. There parents must be so proud. With millions of people starving these spoiled little pricks show how small their brains and dicks are.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Apr 4, 2010 12:10:16 PM

13. That is probably the most entertaining thing you can do with it. Its a content consumption device that doesn't work with most content. Its retarded.

Posted by: Rovex | Apr 4, 2010 12:25:39 PM

14. Morons. Go donate that $500 to a good charity instead of throwing it away.

Posted by: KFLO | Apr 4, 2010 12:40:16 PM

15. That hurt me to watch, I can't believe people would spend 500 bucks just to destroy one!

Posted by: CountBelvedere | Apr 4, 2010 12:40:39 PM

16. How much you want to bet it was some kind of dummy or defective unit?

Posted by: rich | Apr 4, 2010 12:47:54 PM

17. Why is it worse to buy and destroy than to just buy and use? $500 were still wasted, in the context of being not used for food, charity or medicine.

Posted by: Rovex | Apr 4, 2010 12:55:17 PM

18. I don't know why you would bother to repost something like this. That is exactly why they did it. They should be arrested for Apple product cruelty. Now that the Supreme Court has ruled that corporations have the same rights as people, their products also have rights - prison for all involved!

Posted by: Jim | Apr 4, 2010 1:42:24 PM

19. I, PeePee, was the first in line to buy a new iPad!

Because, I, PeePee, like to show everyone how much money I have! I, PeePee, am a very famous pee-nut farmer!

Posted by: iPeePee | Apr 4, 2010 1:48:15 PM

20. "If it was used MORE money would have been wasted buying apps and add-ons that achieve things it should be capable of out of the box (like devices with a proper web browser and media player are)."

Or you could simply not buy it altogether, if you such a major issue with it/Apple that you have to destroy it.

The only thing more amusing than Apple fanatics are the anti-Apple fanatics.

Posted by: Zach | Apr 4, 2010 1:49:41 PM

21. I love how they're all videotaping the destruction of the iPad with iPhones.

"This screen's real weird, yo, feel it."

Fucking morons.

Posted by: Mikey Garcia | Apr 4, 2010 2:10:38 PM

22. Well Zach like with the PS3 destruction video the best way to deny Apple money is to buy one and destroy it rather than to not buy one. Apple make a small loss on the iPad, which they recover in app and content sales (this will only last for so long eventually material costs will drop).

I agree this is an idiotic thing to do, but still marginally less so than buying one with a view to 'use' it (for what that's worth).

Posted by: Rovex | Apr 4, 2010 2:14:19 PM

23. "A content consumption device with hardly any room to store content and very poor support for content types. The people who buy one are the true losers here."

As I said, you're even more amusing than the Apple fanatics. I think it telling that you heap scorn on people who enjoy this device while secretly enjoying those who share your nihilist outlook.

Posted by: Zach | Apr 4, 2010 2:31:49 PM

24. And let me guess: there's a large stack of Adbusters in some corner of your place.

Posted by: Zach | Apr 4, 2010 2:32:57 PM

25. I love consumerism, i buy loads of tech all the time, i just want it to be functional and have a clear purpose. What i dislike is blind devotion. Most of those cueing up to buy the iPad this weekend were people who have no idea what its actually about, they bought one because its apple and will love it regardless of whether is any good or not.
    The thing doesnt have a point. Ive not yet seen an even remotely good argument for its existence or explanation of its purpose. How is it a good device when it doesnt even do the half the stuff a device of its type should do as defined by apple themselves?!
    Yes it has access to 140K apps, but the bottom line is that because it has no fully functional browser, or media player, it needs to have those apps, otherwise it would just be an expensive digital photo frame. Pretty much everything it can do can be achieved with firefox, winamp, a video player with a codec pack and google. Not only that but they would do it faster and more efficiently and above all else more effectively and completely (oh and for less money).

Posted by: Rovex | Apr 4, 2010 2:52:38 PM