Fashion Men | News | Nicholas Hoult | Tom Ford

The Birds: Tom Ford Goes Hitchcock in New Eyewear Campaign

Ford

Nicholas Hoult gets all Tippi Hedren in Tom Ford's new eyewear campaign, along with a cast of glossy ravens.

Ford is, after all, a filmmaker now.

(via yvy mag)

Comments

1. Tom Ford is a fashion mogul and self-promoter, not necessarily in that order. I guess he can be called a filmmaker, for having directed one of the shittiest films of the decade, but I don't really see the point. I make dinner every night, but I don't call myself a chef.

Posted by: Roscoe | Jun 23, 2010 8:49:19 AM

2. good assessment Roscoe..and your probably not even in the business....endless self promotion on the idea that he is still fabulous because he was fabulous when he chose his assistants 15 years ago after Dawn Mello hired him.

Posted by: chris | Jun 23, 2010 9:52:47 AM

3. That boy looks like he's 12-14. Strange model choice.

Posted by: Tonic | Jun 23, 2010 10:21:21 AM

4. Yikes, you all are a bit hateful. I thought his movie was beautiful, can't imagine thinking it was the worst of the year, never mind the decade.

Posted by: DAVE | Jun 23, 2010 11:07:13 AM

5. tom ford never ceases to bore the shit out of me.

Posted by: jgm22 | Jun 23, 2010 11:13:39 AM

6. Tonic - Nick Hoult isn't a strange choice at all. The actor, who appeared most notably in About A Boy, was in Tom Ford's film A Single Man. Nick appeared on my radio show and told us that after working with Ford on the movie, he asked him to model for him in his eyewear campaign. The first shots they did together came out at the end of last year so I guess he was pleased with them and brought him back for a second round. He is 20 years old.

Posted by: Derek Hartley | Jun 23, 2010 11:19:40 AM

7. I thought I remember that name from somewhere: that kid from BBC's 'Skins'...!

Quite frankly, it *IS* a strange model choice: Why choose a boy who has remarkably expressive, Theatrical eyebrows, (Google his name, and you'll see what I mean) only to hide them, and most of his face, with Big, Hideously Ugly, Cheesy-looking glasses...? WTF?!

It's rather like using Cristiano Ronaldo to model oversized puffy-coated multi-layered winter wear; talk about a waste...!

Posted by: Terrance | Jun 23, 2010 11:53:18 AM

8. Man, some of you queens are unnecessarily harsh. Hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

Posted by: w11 | Jun 23, 2010 12:33:37 PM

9. "Glossy ravens?" I thought they were just oil-soaked.

Posted by: Jamie | Jun 23, 2010 12:48:01 PM

10. Hate the ascot (Tom, stop trying to make that happen!) Like the crows, especially the pocket crow. Like the shot in general. Glasses are the same 70s vibe that Ford has been trying to push for sometime now (though it seems as tacky as Ed Hardy -- just with a bigger price tag.)

Posted by: unruly | Jun 23, 2010 2:16:18 PM

11. Nick Hoult is a stunner! I really hadn't noticed his beauty in Ford's "Man" with the blond hair but with his dark hair, he is pretty.

Posted by: SSCHIEFRSHA | Jun 23, 2010 3:20:01 PM

12. tom ford got to where he was because of his looks. Not his talent. Ads like this show nothing original..."A Single Man" was very pretty but it had little to do with Isherwood's story. This is typical of some one like him - he loved the story so he decided to make a movie about it where he could turn everyone pretty and got to put cool clothes on them and it just happened to tie in with his new fave show mad men!
    he's good looking and a celebrity so people pay attention. if this were another designer's ad - it'd be a big sigh.

Posted by: jgm22 | Jun 23, 2010 5:53:02 PM

13. Tom Ford is a dumbass Gaytard douchebag.

Posted by: MarkDC | Jun 24, 2010 12:57:32 AM

14. His style is tacky? Oh god please tell me your'e joking. He is ridiculously talented. You're saying he got where he is based on looks? He saved YSL and Gucci, he made htem what they are today. His looks had nothing to do with it. If you knew anything about his history you'd know he was incredibly persistent and dedicated to secure positions and work his way up.

Posted by: yak | Jan 29, 2011 8:41:50 PM