New York | Photography

BigGayDeal.com

Eagle Eye Views Of NYC

Emp

This imposing aerial photo of the Empire State Building is part of a collection of pictures taken high above the city earlier this month. A larger collection that includes less recent pics can be found here but I've included a few of my faves AFTER THE JUMP.

C

Wool

Tw

City

Comments

1. In the midst of a week here with 5 other friends and we are having a BLAST. I will miss New York so much when we're gone.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Jul 17, 2010 10:51:18 PM

2. OK, the second to last one is Columbus Circle, right? I feel so old and out of touch—I grew up two miles northwest of there and a million years ago.

Posted by: David R. | Jul 18, 2010 1:28:05 AM

3. At least a million years ago, david r.

Now I know what godzilla feels like. Why not smash it?

Posted by: TANK | Jul 18, 2010 2:09:31 AM

4. my boyfriend is nagging me to have a trip to NY for his 30th, he must never see these photos! on the other hand i am now tempted myself - he can go shopping whilst i go building spotting - by the way can anyone recommend a good portable guide to the historic buildings of NY ?

Posted by: arch | Jul 18, 2010 5:27:28 AM

5. Nice photos, BUT...I don't think quite as nice as the Bob Cameron photos.

Posted by: frank | Jul 18, 2010 10:04:03 AM

6. @Arch

I used to live in New York and my favorite guide is Michelin's Guide to New York City. I noticed that they have a 2010 edition available. My old edition has great great maps, floorplans of museums etc. I assume they still offer those wonderful features.

Posted by: voet | Jul 18, 2010 1:30:57 PM

7. Voet
    Thanks very much for the tip about the guide, I will look out the Michelin guide before I leave London or pick one up in NY when we arrive, afterwards I will drop off the boyfriend for shopping and head off to do some serious skyscrapper spotting...

Posted by: arch | Jul 18, 2010 2:39:26 PM

8. These are gorgeous pictures. They make the "concrete jungle" look beautiful.

But nothing is as gorgeous as the Downtown Los Angeles skyline backdropped by snow-capped San Gabriel mountains.

Posted by: TommyOC | Jul 18, 2010 5:00:50 PM

9. Arch- the AIA used to (and possibly still does) publish a guide to the buildings of NYC. Maybe you can find one on Amazon or ebay if they're not in print anymore-

Posted by: Will | Jul 19, 2010 10:31:31 AM