Drag Queens

VIDEO: Miss Vera's Finishing School For Boys Who Want To Be Girls

SafariScreenSnapz001

I know this post is a drag, but watching actor, blogger and Out columnist Jesse Archer being transformed into an Anna Nicole Smith replacement for OURScene TV is a fun way to end a Thursday. Video after the jump...

Comments

1. Oh I have never had s-such sensual pleasure watching a short vid!

Posted by: D. McCloskey | Jul 8, 2010 6:52:44 PM

2. C'mon and cut the erotic fascination with yourselves as women!

Sick

Posted by: Dr. Bailey | Jul 8, 2010 7:03:03 PM

3. Drag has really nuked the fridge. But, it's for straight people, mostly...sooo not entertaining...even the good shows are tedious bores.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 8, 2010 7:12:05 PM

4. Proof that not every pretty boy can turn into a pretty girl.

Posted by: Castor Reigns | Jul 8, 2010 7:20:54 PM

5. Tank,

You wouldn't know a neo-vagina from an asshole ! Roll over and die already

Posted by: Ms. Andry | Jul 8, 2010 7:27:24 PM

6. Well surely it's not just me, andry. And I'm probably in good company...

Posted by: TANK | Jul 8, 2010 7:37:35 PM

7. You're not alone, Tank--I've never cared for it.

Posted by: Michael | Jul 8, 2010 8:10:34 PM

8. I hated drag until I moved to San Francisco. Here there are at least a dozen variations, and some are great. I'm looking forward to the Siouxsie tribute night in a couple weeks.

The name Mildred Fierce has already been taken, though.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 8, 2010 8:33:38 PM

9. Jess rocks! So glad to see him in this video haha. He is hilarious & the funny thing is that I'm reading his book right now. Coincidence!!
    Love the face expressions hahaha

Posted by: bla | Jul 8, 2010 8:56:16 PM

10. You have to admit the "my balls are killing me" line was funny.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Jul 8, 2010 9:24:34 PM

11. Drag is theater. And like all theater there's good, bad, and just boring. Miss Vera is pretty milquetoast. But, some folks just need to have a little more fun. Good for Jesse for going there. By the way, Tank, you can thank those "nuke the fridge" drag queens at Stonewall for paving the way for a few of your civil rights. The point of a rainbow is that it is more than just one color.

Posted by: bluedogJ | Jul 8, 2010 11:50:05 PM

12. Can I have that 3 minutes out of my life back now?

Posted by: Shane | Jul 9, 2010 10:04:05 AM

13. Tank is right.

Drag is the jaundiced shorthand of a tortured generation obsessed with gender peformance and conformity. What has time for that shit anymore?

"Being" a "woman" or a "man" has nothing to do with what you're wearing. This is the fallacy of the whole transgender-industrial complex: that pretense is reality.

Posted by: MarkDC | Jul 9, 2010 12:15:25 PM

14. ...and Archer is cute.

Posted by: MarkDC | Jul 9, 2010 12:15:55 PM

15. @markdc Archer the DQ? Or Sterling Archer?

Posted by: Lon | Jul 11, 2010 5:22:21 PM

16. I usually post as "Michael" but I see there is another. I do not want anyone to think I agreed with TANK on anything. This was just harmless fun. Nothing more.

Posted by: Mike In Philly | May 15, 2011 6:42:58 PM