Bill O'Reilly | Gay Marriage | Glenn Beck | News

BigGayDeal.com

Glenn Beck: Gay Marriage is Not a Threat to America

Beck

Bill O'Reilly asked Glenn Beck about threats to the country, and asked him his thoughts on gay marriage.

Said Beck: "Honestly, I think we have bigger fish to fry. You can argue about abortion or gay marriage or whatever all you want. The country is burning down...I don't think marriage, that the government actually has anything to do with...that is a religious right...I believe that Thomas Jefferson said, 'If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference is it to me?'"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via huff post)

Comments

1. What? Glenn Beck is suddenly on our side?

Posted by: Rick S. | Aug 12, 2010 9:10:37 AM

2. Talking head show hosts interviewing talking head show hosts... one of the seven signs of the apocolypse...

Glenn Beck quoting Jefferson... that's another one...

Posted by: ManPuppyMen | Aug 12, 2010 9:13:49 AM

3. I don't know what to make of this. Fox news all round has suddenly become, not gay friendly, but gay neutral. What is going on? It makes me paranoid.

Posted by: Ken | Aug 12, 2010 9:15:16 AM

4. They've discovered that demonizing taxes is better for their ratings than demonizing gays.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 12, 2010 9:32:02 AM

5. They may be evil incarnate, but they are savvy enough to know when an issue no longer has legs. The whole 'oh, gay marriage - the horror!' weapon has started sputtering, so they will move on to someting else.

Posted by: RobJ | Aug 12, 2010 9:34:04 AM

6. WTF..... The world just went all catterwampus on me.....

Posted by: Darren | Aug 12, 2010 9:34:18 AM

7. They realized that the Republicans that vote aren't evangelicals.

Posted by: Rin | Aug 12, 2010 9:41:07 AM

8. Just like ROBJ said, the Republican Party/Fox News (is there a difference?) is no longer going to be able to use the gays as their scape goat any longer. It does make me a little paranoid to see who they are going to pick on next though.

Posted by: Greg | Aug 12, 2010 9:41:52 AM

9. Ken, I will be happy to explain. Glen Beck, FOx News and Bill O'Reilly don't really exist. They are the physical manifestations of an agenda. What is their agenda? Who knows, it could be the easy answer of money, it could be to destroy america, it could even be to destroy the planet. All three are true because the agenda is doing all three things.

But in reality its money, these guys want to make money at all costs, without reason. So they create a "news" organization and constantly report contrary stories to whomever they disagree with.

They have no ideals, no morals, no scruples. They believe in nothing, not god, hate, love just hedonism. They things they say and lie about mean nothing to them. Bill O'reilly himself has no views on anything, because he is paid to push views.

Its a really simple trick, anyone can do it. The only way to get rid of them is to regulate the news, but nobody wants to think of how to do that, its making way too much money.

Posted by: Fenrox | Aug 12, 2010 9:43:23 AM

10. I bet GOProud and Log Cabins are peeing their pants with delight! As for the rest of us ... *rolls eyes*

Posted by: beegee | Aug 12, 2010 9:44:11 AM

11. Must be confusing - I just don't buy this right now. Fox News hasn't change. Also Glenn Beck is going around - I don't buy him as pro gay marriage this easily. Sorry.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 12, 2010 9:46:00 AM

12. I think they have realized that marriage equality is inevitable. They know they will lose the fight; they are trying to quietly back out now, so they can claim later that it's not that big of a deal when they lose.

Posted by: DLC | Aug 12, 2010 9:52:35 AM

13. I cant wait to read the exploding head reactions from freerepublic. I have to admit for several years now I've gotten a kick out of their cultural war agonies. I know I get my jollies in odd ways.

Posted by: cmh | Aug 12, 2010 9:57:01 AM

14. It reeks of an internal memo that says "go easy on the gays," not of any measured philosophical revelation that this ass suddenly had.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 12, 2010 9:57:23 AM

15. He is so freakin' hot. I don't care what anyone here says - the man is a hunk. Give me an hour with him, and I will change his mind about a whole lot more than gay marriage.

Posted by: Greg | Aug 12, 2010 10:00:04 AM

16. Fox = $$ They don't really care how.

Posted by: Dave | Aug 12, 2010 10:04:32 AM

17. I believe DLC has it right. They know when the tide has turned and rather than be people of conviction, they now have to soft-peddle their stance as if it didn't matter in the first place. And like Fenrox, this is all about the Benjamin. Does anyone really believe that Rupert Murdoch hands these assclowns the money he does because he's benevolent? No, it's because these certain talking heads - as asnine as they are - bring in ratings and ratings mean money for Rupert. If he thought that liberals would bring him more money, Al Franken would have a show on FOX and not be in the Senate.

All that being said, I find Glenn Beck so odd, so diddlingly ridiculous that I would imagine he's been diagnosed with something neurological. (Couple that with that face...put a big red nose on him and he's the clown that scared you in your dreams as a child.) Now he gets paid handsomely for being the clown at the circus.

Posted by: Bart | Aug 12, 2010 10:10:09 AM

18. Did Glenn Beck just grow a soul or is this just an act?

Posted by: Dawnell_do | Aug 12, 2010 10:13:16 AM

19. Sounds like Shep Smith has been piping up more in Fox production meetings.

Posted by: Jay | Aug 12, 2010 10:20:19 AM

20. He's actually said things like this in the past, but on his radio show, and no one noticed.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Aug 12, 2010 10:27:28 AM

21. They've just switched from gay people to Muslims to bash this political season, because we've become too popular. /sigh.

I've been feeling very badly for American Muslims and the constant bashing they've been getting on the airwaves and cable for these past few weeks/months, especially knowing how it feels to realize so many people in your own country don't recognize you as a full human, with full rights.

Posted by: Ryan | Aug 12, 2010 10:40:08 AM

22. Beck is a constitutional libertarian...and his stated position on gay rights/ marriage fits neatly into that party's operating philosophy. I have also heard him take that position on his radio show ... not a surprise at all ....

Posted by: cynic1 | Aug 12, 2010 10:41:22 AM

23. i'm with you greg. i've wanted to hatefuck glenn beck badly for years.

Posted by: greenee | Aug 12, 2010 10:41:43 AM

24. fuck Beck and all the Regressives and Log Cabin regressives who have accepted them as we accept a looney uncle....they see the writing on the wall...Judge Walkers decision in California is the beginning of the end game..their entire case was built on bigotry not facts..they have to now retreat and try to degrade people in another way. They won't be able to do it through the courts much longer. Unconstitutional indeed!!!!!!!!

Posted by: chris | Aug 12, 2010 10:41:43 AM

25. This is completely idiotic. They think we're gonna forget how much they hated us? Not a chance, I still want all their heads.

Posted by: Alhamr | Aug 12, 2010 10:47:04 AM