Iowa | Lady Gaga

Watch: Iowa State University Carillon Plays Lady Gaga

Badromance
Rather than play something dull for the students at Iowa State University at the end of the week, the faculty who run the school's carillon decided to snazz things up by playing something a little more contemporary: Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance."

Watch (actually, listen) to it AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. I don't see (or hear) anything here?

Posted by: zeddy | Aug 29, 2010 2:18:47 PM

2. LMAO!!!!

AWESOME!!

Posted by: Bill | Aug 29, 2010 2:39:07 PM

3. I've worked at colleges and universities with carillons for the better part of thirty years, and this is the first time I've ever heard anyone applaud one.

Awesome.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 29, 2010 3:00:32 PM

4. That's just too cool for school!

Posted by: Dave | Aug 29, 2010 3:01:42 PM

5. "Rather than playing something dull..." implies that they, you know, played something that wasn't.

Posted by: Jonah | Aug 29, 2010 3:45:40 PM

6. Ha, my school only does disney songs.

Posted by: Joe | Aug 29, 2010 3:46:26 PM

7. Enjoyable as a lark. But what a dreadful carilloneur! Several missed notes and zero sense of tempo or rhythm.

Posted by: 24play | Aug 29, 2010 3:53:00 PM

8. oh, JONAH, you are so superior. tell me, do debbie downers get invited much to parties?

Posted by: nic | Aug 29, 2010 4:02:43 PM

9. omg Jonah you're soooo cooool for making fun of Bad Romance can we be bffs y/n

Posted by: Robert | Aug 29, 2010 4:05:48 PM

10. Okay, I'm officially over Lady GaGa.

Posted by: Rev. Steve | Aug 29, 2010 5:14:07 PM

11. As an Iowa State alumnus this makes me very happy.

Tagent: Is there a name for syndrome that compels people to post gratuitously bitchy comments? 'Cause it's reeched pandemic status on this site.

Posted by: Joe | Aug 29, 2010 6:03:34 PM

12. hehe, this is cool. I remember back when I was a student at University of Florida, we had whimsical things on our carillon all the time. The most common was cartoon themes like the Jetsons, Simpsons, etc. My favorite was one time when the school was set to shut down at 3 pm because of an incoming hurricane, at 3 pm the carillon chimed the time as normal, then proceeded to play the Funeral March. It was hilarious. Especially since the next 3 days were some of the BEST weather I can remember having down there. The hurricane completely missed us and we enjoyed the days off by lying around on the quads in the amazing 70 degree September heat.

Posted by: Steve | Aug 29, 2010 6:58:42 PM

13. Wow, thank you. I've been sitting here all weekend just hitting the refresh button on my Lady Gaga Google news search. You know, like you do. And it has been 11 hours and 34 minutes since the last new news popped up. I think that's a record. It was for me. I was beginning to get hives. You know, like you get. And then this.

Wow. Just sitting. Just listening over and over. Sending out waves of gratitude and love.

Just sitting here.

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 29, 2010 7:43:21 PM

14. Christopher, nice. That was awesome.

Posted by: finkles2000 | Aug 29, 2010 7:48:34 PM

15. I think this is the first one I actually stopped to listen to...

I'm impressed.

I know, I'm easily entertained these days.

Posted by: aleabeth | Aug 29, 2010 7:49:11 PM

16. Love it. Iowa is moving ahead of the pack in it's progressive attitudes!

Posted by: chadnnocal | Aug 29, 2010 10:02:57 PM

17. Located in Ames, IA, ISU is one of the most beautiful campuses
    in this country with lots of all natural farm-fresh students, too.

Posted by: Marcito | Aug 30, 2010 5:41:47 AM