Comments

1. Mike says

I’ve worked at colleges and universities with carillons for the better part of thirty years, and this is the first time I’ve ever heard anyone applaud one.

Awesome.

2. Jonah says

“Rather than playing something dull…” implies that they, you know, played something that wasn’t.

3. 24play says

Enjoyable as a lark. But what a dreadful carilloneur! Several missed notes and zero sense of tempo or rhythm.

4. says

As an Iowa State alumnus this makes me very happy.

Tagent: Is there a name for syndrome that compels people to post gratuitously bitchy comments? ‘Cause it’s reeched pandemic status on this site.

5. Steve says

hehe, this is cool. I remember back when I was a student at University of Florida, we had whimsical things on our carillon all the time. The most common was cartoon themes like the Jetsons, Simpsons, etc. My favorite was one time when the school was set to shut down at 3 pm because of an incoming hurricane, at 3 pm the carillon chimed the time as normal, then proceeded to play the Funeral March. It was hilarious. Especially since the next 3 days were some of the BEST weather I can remember having down there. The hurricane completely missed us and we enjoyed the days off by lying around on the quads in the amazing 70 degree September heat.

6. Christopher says

Wow, thank you. I’ve been sitting here all weekend just hitting the refresh button on my Lady Gaga Google news search. You know, like you do. And it has been 11 hours and 34 minutes since the last new news popped up. I think that’s a record. It was for me. I was beginning to get hives. You know, like you get. And then this.

Wow. Just sitting. Just listening over and over. Sending out waves of gratitude and love.

Just sitting here.

7. Marcito says

Located in Ames, IA, ISU is one of the most beautiful campuses
    in this country with lots of all natural farm-fresh students, too.