Alliance Defense Fund | Federal Prop 8 Trial | Gay Marriage | News | Proposition 8

Watch: The Alliance Defense Fund Urges People to Pray That Prop 8 Isn't Overturned

Adf#prop8

Anti-gay legal group Alliance Defense Fund is urging its supporters to get down on their knees and pray that Proposition 8 is not overturned today.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP (starts at about 1:04)...

(via jmg)

Comments

1. It’s like something off of funnyordie.com...

Posted by: ichabod | Aug 4, 2010 8:22:14 AM

2. Rachel Maddow had a segment yesterday where she talked about these organizations who profit from fear. More and more I believe this is more about keeping a fund raising mechanism alive than it is about "saving marriage". So really, this is about profiting from bigotry and deceit. This is despicable. Since they wear their religion on their sleeves, hopefully, there is a special section reserved in Hell for these people.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 4, 2010 8:27:02 AM

3. She may look like a Nazi from central casting but tomorrow belongs to me, gurl.

Posted by: yonkersconquers | Aug 4, 2010 8:36:46 AM

4. Is she a robot?

Posted by: Andreas | Aug 4, 2010 8:39:26 AM

5. I fully support our opponents' calls to prayer. After all, two working hands accomplish more than a thousand hands clasped in prayer.

Posted by: DN | Aug 4, 2010 9:13:28 AM

6. With the track record of most religious right leaders, it's a likely bet that this woman's husband has spent a lot of time down on his knees.

It's also a possibility that he's prayed once or twice.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Aug 4, 2010 9:19:43 AM

7. Wow preying for discrimination. What would magic Jesus think?

Posted by: GGREEN | Aug 4, 2010 9:20:32 AM

8. Entirely repugnant in its intention and execution. I believe the fires of hell are reserved for these people.

Posted by: Fahd | Aug 4, 2010 9:31:36 AM

9. Her eyes look empty.

Posted by: The Milkman | Aug 4, 2010 9:44:40 AM

10. They are so afraid of comments they have disabled them on Youtube for this video. What are are they afraid of ......The Truth. And as far as the Constitution is concerned, the word GOD was introduced into the document almost 200 years after it was written because the Christians had that power during the McCarthyism religious era of hatred of anyone not fitting into their mold.

Posted by: Skooter McGoo | Aug 4, 2010 9:52:40 AM

11. One almost expects bubbles to pop out of her mouth.

Posted by: Ernie | Aug 4, 2010 10:10:35 AM

12. It has been said that God answers all prayers and sometimes the answer is "NO". If prop 8 is overturned, will these idiots stop the h8? LOL... I made a funny.

Posted by: TheRealist | Aug 4, 2010 11:09:55 AM

13. She looks like Ke$ha after taking a bath. I love how religious freedom only counts if your Christian. AWWWWWESOME!

Posted by: pvee | Aug 4, 2010 11:12:45 AM

14. Funny. I prayed too. For the bill to be overturned, you Nazi-esque shrew! The LGBT community is, as was echoed at Equality March '09, on the right side of history.

Posted by: MTC09 | Aug 4, 2010 12:51:19 PM

15. I'm praying right now...for this acid reflux to go away. "Oh giant purple marshmellow that controls the weather, smite the alliance defense fund with your army of giant indestructible peeps!" the alliance defense fund is bankrolled by the mercenary group blackwater (now Xe) owner Erik Dean Prince. Don't forget that...it's funded by killers for hire...any cause for the right price killers for hire...that's who they are.

Posted by: TANK | Aug 4, 2010 1:13:29 PM

16. These bigots have been losing battle after battle. When will they realize that God is not on their side?

Don't bother praying, blondie. God is clearly on the side of the gays.

Posted by: Ted C. | Aug 4, 2010 1:19:36 PM

17. How they can pray and ask a loving God to treat beings he's created unequally is amazing to me. Fuck those groups of people and fuck their dishonest christianity. When are the real Christians gonna stand up against these fakes and liars?

Posted by: Bobby | Aug 4, 2010 1:41:09 PM

18. How do people like her not get assassinated? I'm not saying I'd ever do it, but it just seems so unlikely that people who stir up this kind of controversy aren't in physical danger. Maybe people just don't feel that strongly about it.

Posted by: Alhamr | Aug 4, 2010 2:14:26 PM

19. Q: How do you get down on your knees?
    A: Kneel on a goose.

(I'm in a festive mood)

Posted by: A. Beaverhausen | Aug 4, 2010 2:45:38 PM

20. "Goodness me, them werds there on that teleprumpter are so gawsh darn big!"

We can only hope that her audience understands as little of what she's saying as she apparently does.

I believe in marriage equality. The congregation that attends church across the street from my home (even though I don't go there) also believes in marriage equality.

Support freedom of religion. Let churches decide for themselves whether gay marriage is in accordance with their beliefs or not.

Seriously.. when people phrase this as a "either/or" argument, I wanna smack them and say that "marriage equality IS BOTH"

Assbackwards religions (you know who you are) won't be forced by the government to perform or recognize gay marriage.

Though... I can't blame Mormon and Catholic leaders for being worried. If some religions can legally welcome gay marriage, more people are going to 'defect' away from the big intolerant churches.... and that's bad for their profits.

Posted by: jexer | Aug 4, 2010 3:57:38 PM

21. Actually, I think we should all pray for Judge Walker, because these same godly people are going to be spewing a lot of hate at him in 3...2...1.

Posted by: Latebrosus | Aug 4, 2010 5:21:41 PM

22. um, fail

Posted by: gomez | Aug 4, 2010 9:27:24 PM

23. Uh..maybe Jesus was otherwise occupied this week..you know, like he was on 9-11. And, why the hell hasn't he obliterated Mass. or Vermont for their sins? Why don't these bible thumps get laws passed that will outlaw divorce---that would show that God has gonads or at least some integrity! Why aren't hetero non-procreators exiled? Damn equal protection and due process!

Posted by: ben | Aug 4, 2010 11:51:03 PM

24. Wow, I popped over to this site to see what the gay community was saying about the ruling. Disappointed to find essentially only Christian bashing. I thought the whole point was for everyone to be respected for what they are and what they believe. Guess not.

Posted by: Linda | Aug 5, 2010 2:34:43 PM