News | Texas

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Texas NBC Affiliate Asks, 'Will Gays Destroy America?'

Texas_gays

Texas NBC affiliate KETK asks viewers, "Are gays the downfall of America?"

Wow.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via joe)

Comments

1. WTF is wrong with this country?

Posted by: Alexander | Oct 27, 2010 12:57:03 PM

2. Next on NBC News,

Are bonobos smarter than rednecks?

Posted by: John | Oct 27, 2010 12:57:14 PM

3. @John New research out finds that 10% of bonobos are in relationships with rednecks.

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 27, 2010 1:02:54 PM

4. Well, it IS Texas, after all.

What a bunch of fuckwits.

Posted by: jtramon | Oct 27, 2010 1:04:28 PM

5. "God created man and woman"

Right lady, then they had two sons.

What, pray-tell, happened next?!?!

Posted by: Christopher | Oct 27, 2010 1:07:24 PM

6. Ugh...once again I am embarrassed by my state. I swear, Austin in Dallas are surprisingly liberal.

Posted by: Jon Lee Hart | Oct 27, 2010 1:07:27 PM

7. No, but Texans will.

Posted by: Brian | Oct 27, 2010 1:11:10 PM

8. Bonobos are smarter than rednecks. See TED.com and search "bonobos".

Posted by: Nick | Oct 27, 2010 1:16:33 PM

9. Honestly more of the callers had a pro-gay message than I thought they would. This doesn't qualify as news and NBC should be ashamed of itself, but I'm glad that there were a good number of people calling in who weren't just anti-gay.

Posted by: Randy | Oct 27, 2010 1:19:22 PM

10. Holy farting catfish!

The commentator, the call ins, and comments on the “news” channels page are frightening. I thank God I was not born in Texas.

Posted by: Tim Scholes | Oct 27, 2010 1:24:21 PM

11. If dumbass, uneducated hillbillies haven't yet been the downfall of the country, there is no way we "HOMOSEKTUALS" can do it.

Posted by: SONNIE | Oct 27, 2010 1:33:41 PM

12. Thank you Texas for was again making my homestate of SC look brilliantly liberal.

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 27, 2010 1:36:20 PM

13. THE HOMOS ARE COMIN! THE HOMOS ARE COMIN! LOCK UP YOUR CHILDREN...THE HOMOS ARE COMIN!

Posted by: Keith | Oct 27, 2010 1:39:33 PM

14. A little perspective. This is what we're up against people.

Posted by: George | Oct 27, 2010 1:42:38 PM

15. Love how they quickly cut off anyone who doesn't support their obvious viewpoint that we are bad bad bad for america, and pushing our agenda....btw the second caller needs to put her teeth in before she gets on the phone!

Posted by: Bobo | Oct 27, 2010 1:49:49 PM

16. Will it be the fall of this country? This can't be ignored...this man needs to lose his job, and heads need to roll over this. This is not a legitimate discussion--it is naked bigotry and hate. Don't be satisfied until this affiliate station is properly punished for their hate speech.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 27, 2010 1:56:38 PM

17. I'm so disgusted by this question and some of the callers messages. There is a poll asking the same question is on the radio station's website. (Half way down the page) Please go take it, share this with everyone you know and help turn the number around. Thank you. http://www.ktbb.com/

Posted by: Greg | Oct 27, 2010 1:59:17 PM

18. I really do wish I had as much power to help destroy the most powerful country the world has ever known as They say I do. I mean, me and most of my friends just want to have steady jobs, partners (some), kids (some), a decent place to live and the ability to afford to have fun once in a while.

Hardly comparable to "Overthrow the government and install a Marxist dictatorship! Round up all churchgoers and slaughter them before burning their churches down! [Synagogues and mosques get a pass, of course] Ban guns, except for people who work for the government!"

Posted by: Henry Holland | Oct 27, 2010 2:02:03 PM

19. John

YES bonobos are smarter than rednecks

andrew that is an insult to bonobos since rednecks would stone and massacre all bonobo chimps if they had their way. The whole bisexual orgies bit that bonobo chimps practice = is evil to the redneck GAWDDDD

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Oct 27, 2010 2:09:27 PM

20. Pond life. The so called journalist is a toe rag. What the hell is that doing on TV ? Is that even an issue ?????

Posted by: Paul | Oct 27, 2010 2:10:28 PM

21. A Facebook page has been created:

Posted by: Sean Chapin | Oct 27, 2010 2:11:49 PM

22. Read the Texas Republican Party Platform for 2010 with special attention to P-6 and P-7.
    Then for God's sake vote, vote, vote Democratic! Texas has the most hate filled, mean spirited population on the face of the earth ... and they've got the Republican Party by the balls! Why doesn't this NBC affiliate just show it's true colors and broadcast Faux News all day.

Posted by: Robert | Oct 27, 2010 2:11:49 PM

23. Greg, I just voted. It appears only 67 people have voted so far.

Posted by: tom a | Oct 27, 2010 2:13:06 PM

24. Texas, our Texas, all hail the mighty state. Or don't.

Posted by: Mitchblair | Oct 27, 2010 2:20:56 PM

25. I feel devastated and angry by this. I don't even have anything funny to say, because it is just so awful. I can't believe that in this day and time a TV broadcaster could (or would) spew such hate. I honestly believe we need to rescue all the gays from the bible belt - this makes me fear for their well-being, particularly the young people. Sometimes I feel like the downfall of America for us is coming. Fortunately, my partner is from Australia, so we can move back there when the Republicans and Tea Party take over and begin to re-criminalize homosexuality.

Posted by: InNYC | Oct 27, 2010 2:22:10 PM