Chris Colfer | Christmas | Darren Criss | Glee | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Darren Criss and Chris Colfer Duet in 'Baby It's Cold Outside'

Cold

Glee's Darren Criss and Chris Colfer duet on "Baby It's Cold Outside" in a preview from Glee's holiday episode.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. there is no sexual chemistry between these two ... maybe because the straight one is not a very good actor

handsome and a great singer
    but believable as the BF - not yet

Posted by: Tony X | Dec 3, 2010 10:31:14 AM

2. Kurt may as well be a woman.

Posted by: Adam | Dec 3, 2010 10:32:21 AM

3. There isn't supposed to be any sexual chemistry I don't think, he isn't Curt's boyfriend, just he best friend and mentor.
    At least that is what I've read.

Posted by: RONTEX | Dec 3, 2010 10:36:23 AM

4. Kurt is way to nellie in this to be enjoyable. There is nothing more unattractive than a man acting demure and coquettish.

Posted by: Mark | Dec 3, 2010 10:36:23 AM

5. I agree that sexual chemistry between the two is oddly lacking. Hm.

Posted by: Brent Z | Dec 3, 2010 10:37:23 AM

6. I can't decide what is worse, Chris Colfer's over the top stereotypical feminine gay character or the 'girls' on A-list new york.

Posted by: annoyed by this | Dec 3, 2010 10:38:36 AM

7. I think they have a cute, flirty thing going on. Colfer has a high voice, just get over it.

They're letting the anticipation build so when these two finally get together (and I really think they will), they will outshine all the other couples on the show. It will be a great moment. And a groundbreaking one. It's also pretty groundbreaking that this moment appears in a Christmas themed episode. Also glad atheist Kurt got a secular Holiday song.

Now, if Murphy could just explain why the Holiday ep has no Hanukkah songs?... Even with two major Jewish characters in the Glee club.

Posted by: George | Dec 3, 2010 10:44:54 AM

8. Would it kill America to see them share a little kiss or at least touch each other a little?

Posted by: gerry | Dec 3, 2010 10:45:04 AM

9. If he is his mentor maybe he should help Kurt to stop channeling Marilyn Monroe. He doesn't have to be Rambo but a little testosterone might be nice. Being a chick-by-proxy just makes you a gay clown in the eyes of mainstream society.

Posted by: Mark | Dec 3, 2010 10:46:10 AM

10. are these two actually dating? still not clear to me, since their romancing only happens in song. that said, this particular number is a surprisingly cute one.

sigh, what have i become?? : )

Posted by: gbm | Dec 3, 2010 10:47:54 AM

11. Kurt is gonna end up with Karofsky.

And, I'd stay inside for Darren Criss any day, time, or place.

Posted by: Jeff in NC | Dec 3, 2010 10:48:19 AM

12. Despite the comments so far; I'll say this: I love that 2 young men, gay or straight in real life, are singing this song on network television. I'm 41 and would have never seen this when I was in high school. Thinking back then I was the only gay kid in school, no role models, no internet, etc.; Glee in the mid 80's would have been incredible for me. Guys, enjoy this duet for what it is, entertaining and if I may...groundbreaking.

Posted by: Rob | Dec 3, 2010 10:51:08 AM

13. Whether they're dating or have chemistry or not, this is actually a somewhat scandalous song if you pay attention to the lyrics. For two gay teens to sing it as a duet is pretty damn interesting for prime-time TV.

Posted by: Rich | Dec 3, 2010 10:57:33 AM

14. I think they sound GORGEOUS together and have great chemistry. I'll be disappointed if they don't ever have them kiss on the show now.

Posted by: Andy | Dec 3, 2010 10:57:58 AM

15. They're just friends. There's not supposed to be sexual chemistry.

I guess some of you are fucking your friends? Jee. Zus.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 3, 2010 10:58:01 AM

16. @ Rob

Ever think that this groundbreaking scene causes anxiety for gay teens who are not feminine and cannot relate? Or keeps them silent because others will classify them as someone like Kurt (a girly boy, one that makes Hedwig look like a Tom of Finland character)

Posted by: annoyed by this | Dec 3, 2010 10:59:20 AM

17. Different strokes... generally not my type, but Kurt is winning me over. Maybe it's because the character has developed and is more than just a stereotype (at least, to me). Or maybe it's okay to be effeminate; it's just bitchy that makes my skin crawl, and me want to unswallow (e.g., A-list NY). I like the chemistry, I enjoy the show. You don't have to.

Posted by: TJ | Dec 3, 2010 11:04:20 AM

18. @ Annoyed By This

Ever think that this scene gives hope to those "girly boys" who feel like they'll never find true friendship, much less love? Ever think that this scene could be showing how different gays can be -- the flamboyant Kurt and his rather chill friend?

Ever think about how stereotypes exist for a reason? I'm sure you embody a few yourself.

Get over your internalized homphobia.

Posted by: Jay | Dec 3, 2010 11:05:45 AM

19. No one is ever happy are they?

Posted by: Frank | Dec 3, 2010 11:07:26 AM

20. @ Mark

"...Being a chick-by-proxy just makes you a gay clown in the eyes of mainstream society."

it generally makes one unattractive to other gay men as well

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Dec 3, 2010 11:07:32 AM

21. Cute, but I was looking forward to the delivery of the "delicious lips" lines. That was left out but they kept the implications of alcohol. Still, nothing like it since Willow and Tara sang to each other on the musical episode of Buffy.

Posted by: Kam | Dec 3, 2010 11:11:32 AM

22. As a teen and even older (came out at 25) I was actually terrified that if I admitted I was gay - then the feminine side would take over ... so the need for balance is important ... however that said I think this gay character is great ... :)

Posted by: Tony X | Dec 3, 2010 11:12:21 AM

23. @ Annoyed by This: Perhaps you didn't notice, but there are 2 gay high school students portrayed in this scene. The effeminate gay stereotype is a stereotype when it is played only for laughs and presented as the only kind of gayness. That's not the case here. Kurt does not represent all gay teens, but certainly there are effeminate boys in the world who can identify with this one character.

@ Mark: It is pretty off-putting to hear gay men chastise an effeminate teen for not being ruggedly masculine enough for their own sexual tastes. You don't have to jerk off to it, but perhaps you can learn to accept different forms of gayness in the world?

Posted by: gbm | Dec 3, 2010 11:12:51 AM

24. I never thought I'd see the day where two men sang a Christmas/love song duet on national TV - regardless of orientation.

Some of you may just take it all for granted, but we've come so far in twenty years - and I don't think you even realize how major this scene actually is.

Posted by: taodon | Dec 3, 2010 11:12:55 AM

25. The internalized homophobia in the gay community really makes my skin crawl. Not everyone is butch; not everyone is a gym-bunny; and, not every guy is into those who are! There are enough representations of gay people out there that we can, as a community, embrace the individuals who are "nellie" or who "may as well be a girl" or who may be a "stereotypical feminine gay character" or whatever. STEREOTYPES EXIST FOR A REASON! Why can't we embrace the fact that we're just as diverse as the heterosexual community!

Furthermore, you may not be attracted to such a guy, but trust the fact that there are plenty of men who are. End of story. Mark, Annoyed By This, and mstrozfckslv, please note that your taste in men is not universal. Some fellas relate to guys like Kurt, and other fellas find those guys attractive.

Seriously, get over yourselves and start spreading love. THAT is how we'll begin to achieve real progress.

Posted by: Jay | Dec 3, 2010 11:14:41 AM