Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Gay Marriage | Gay Parents | Mike Huckabee | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Mike Huckabee Says He Doesn't Want Gays to Parent, Marry, or Serve in the Military

Huckabee

CNN's John King talks to presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee about his new book, A Simple Government, leading off with this excerpt:

"I believe that we're in denial about potential problems as we see more and more homosexual couples raising families. Essentially, these are experiments to see how well children will fare in such same-sex households. It will be years before we know whether or not our little guinea pigs turn out to be good at marriage and parenthood."

Huckabee goes on to say that the government should legislate "traditional" marriage and that gays should be kept out of the military.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The last time an Arkansas governor used the line that the "will of the people" trumps the constitutionality of a law, it was Orval Faubus, who refused to integrate Arkansas schools, forced Eisenhower to send in the National Guard and created the images of African American students being screamed at by whites. Does Huckabee really not see that he's simply history repeating itself? Beyond belief.

Posted by: Bob | Feb 25, 2011 7:54:25 AM

2. This is how you win the Iowa caucuses, folks: 60-70% of Republicans who turn out are homophobic evangelicals, and Huckabee knows it.

Posted by: K in VA | Feb 25, 2011 7:54:26 AM

3. awww, poor guy. guess he'll just have to get used to it.

Posted by: EO | Feb 25, 2011 7:55:52 AM

4. I hate to tell you mike, but the experiment is over. Other countries have been doing it for ages and the result.. Gays make great parents and soldiers.

Posted by: rovex | Feb 25, 2011 8:00:37 AM

5. Why do I get the sense that people like him just enjoy telling others what they can and cannot do in their lives.

I thought America was founded on the exact opposite principles, silly me.

Posted by: arch | Feb 25, 2011 8:02:31 AM

6. Who cares what he thinks. He'll never be more than a commentator.

Posted by: Name: | Feb 25, 2011 8:04:45 AM

7. “...and I Hate Backwards Obese Hayseeds who think thier Mythical BS Buy-Bull is the be all and end-all. ..U ever notice NO (cough,cough) reporter....ever says, "You know sir..no other groups Rights have EVER been voted on by the PUBLIC, No Ones!" ...and on a side note..I cant stand John King or David Gregory

Posted by: Disgusted American | Feb 25, 2011 8:05:38 AM

8. What would you expect from the same monsterous freak that wants to quarantine people living with HIV? Unfortunately Huckabee polls well as the most likeable Republican. His aww shucks, banjo-pickin' demeanor has fooled many. Beware, this man is pure evil.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 25, 2011 8:06:38 AM

9. K IN VA is right. Our little pastor piggy is gearing up to run for president. Just wait until the Rethug debates where they all try to out-hate one another...

Posted by: ichabod | Feb 25, 2011 8:06:38 AM

10. Dinosaur. How many people didn't want blacks to even be PEOPLE? How many didn't want women to vote, work, own property, own their bodies, or own even their NAME? How many... on and on and on! Political games. It will take time, but his too shall pass. I LOVE President Obama for doing this. It took real BALLS!

Posted by: james Brown | Feb 25, 2011 8:11:44 AM

11. WHERE ARE THE JOBS???

Posted by: james Brown | Feb 25, 2011 8:16:49 AM

12. Why is it that these individuals get carte blanche to spout their hate-filled views with no rebuttal, but whenever there's coverage of a gay-positive issue, like repeal of DADT, DOMA, etc., there has to be a counterpoint from NOM or Tony Perkins?

Posted by: Larry | Feb 25, 2011 8:23:09 AM

13. John King is worse than useless. He and his producers probably think they are being progressive just by raising the issue, but they aren't. They're just trolling for ratings and giving Hickabee the platform he needs to sell his hate---especially because King refuses to ask any hardhittinf follow up questions.

I hate his pretty face.

Posted by: christopher | Feb 25, 2011 8:33:37 AM

14. Wasn't it Huckabee's son who was arrested for killing small animals? Maybe he should clean up his own parenting skills before calling those of gay parents into question.

Posted by: Meijay | Feb 25, 2011 8:35:33 AM

15. He's twice proven that he can't win a presidential race. I can't figure out why he hasn't learned that lesson already. He's just as stupid as he looks.

Posted by: johnny | Feb 25, 2011 8:38:16 AM

16. OMG, "our little guinea pigs"? That's what you think of children in gay households? Why not since you think so highly of the child's gay parents. Well, Rev. Hustlebuck, it appears your Chisto-fascist preaching is as full of BS as you are! You'd make one hell of a terrific GOPer presidential candidate. It'd be fun to see the Obama campaign up against your campaign. Let the funtimes begin!

Posted by: Rob | Feb 25, 2011 8:45:19 AM

17. Next he'll be telling us homos that we can't eat, sleep, or go poop.

Posted by: homer | Feb 25, 2011 9:03:37 AM

18. Guess who's never going to be President?

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 25, 2011 9:04:58 AM

19. goddammit. why can't CNN say this isn't some frcking experiment? it has been tried; it has succeeded. kids raised by gay couples have been shown and proven to be just as well adjusted, just as productive in society, just as great as kids from straight couples. studies have been done. results are already in.

but huck is a useful idiot though. romney is the odds on favorite to win the republican ticket. economics will more than likely be the top issue and romney is the best alternative the republicans can put up on that. and huck absolutely hates romney and some have suggested that huck's only running to make sure that romney doesn't win. if huck can spoil romney's chances, President Obama can probably skip the whole campaign.

Posted by: billy | Feb 25, 2011 9:07:07 AM

20. I will drop Mike a note today telling him my partner and our two children are doing fine. And that I would put my parenting skills up against his. I would put my faith up against his. And since we're about the same age, give or take, I would put my combat skills up against his and take his sorry self down.

We all know how well "traditional" marriage has faired in this country. And how great 50% of straight parents are in this country. Nice work, Mike. If I were a kid I'd be BEGGING for a gay parent who loved me, provided for me, and instilled in me some values other than self-involved hatred.

The Republican party pretends they want smaller government but they want to LEGISLATE life and love in this country. To the Republican party -- when we crush you, I will wipe you off the bottom of my shoe. Worry about your own horrible, hate-filled, hypocritical lives. I'll worry about my life and my family. Thanks, considering who you people are -- if Mike Huckabee is any example -- I don't want you people near my kids.

And Mike, since I believe in a God, I'd like to tell you as far as what I've read about Jesus Christ, and I've read and studied a lot, you are NOTHING like him, stand for NOTHING he stood for, and there is a special place in hell for a man as sick and hypocritically smug as you. Enjoy it.

Posted by: BartB | Feb 25, 2011 9:13:48 AM

21. So a man who raised a son to torture dogs is telling other people their child rearing is an experiment. Sick.

Posted by: DN | Feb 25, 2011 9:57:28 AM

22. Whatever! Mike Huckabee has always been and will always be a TRASH.

Posted by: Theo | Feb 25, 2011 10:13:07 AM

23. Should gays be allowed to murder puppies, Mr. Perfect-Family-Values Fuckabee?

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Feb 25, 2011 10:15:49 AM

24. the lady doth protest too much

Posted by: Chriss | Feb 25, 2011 10:36:08 AM

25. Tank is spot on

Huckabee is dangerous/ the most dangerous of the repub presidential hopefuls

Posted by: [email protected] | Feb 25, 2011 11:12:45 AM