Gay Marriage | Indiana | News | NOM

Flashback: Indianapolis NOM 'Traditional Marriage' Supporter Called for Gays to be Hanged

Adams

The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) is crowing about how victorious they were in the Indiana House today, as it voted to constitutionally ban same-sex marriage and civil unions.

They are reminding folks of the rally they had in Indianapolis in July with a video painting themselves as victims.

So, it seemed like a perfect time to remind people what their supporters looked like at that rally.

You'll remember that one of them carried signs calling for gays to be hanged.

The interview with Larry Adams, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Thats a pretty big belly on that man. I thought gluttony was one of the seven deadly sins?!

Posted by: turnipHed | Feb 15, 2011 8:32:56 PM

2. Ah, 2011, and America still oppresses its people if they're gay yet claims its so great.

It's better outside Indiana. Heck it's better outside the USA. We need to claim our country back and fight back!

Posted by: X | Feb 15, 2011 8:43:05 PM

3. He is angry because he has a dick the size of a marble....That's if you can find it.

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | Feb 15, 2011 8:51:16 PM

4. The christianists in Indiana have drunk the whole pitcher of haterade.

Posted by: Mykelb | Feb 15, 2011 9:01:35 PM

5. That old bastard is so deep in the closet no PI will ever find him! He was not sure he was gay til he turned 40? WTF man? Keep living your life in denial...

Posted by: NC | Feb 15, 2011 9:30:11 PM

6. I grew up in Indianapolis. I can remember as a young kid seeing crosses burning in the corn fields.

I also was this close to committing suicide, and made the decision to move out of state because I felt so alone and hated their.

Believe it or not, I moved to Houston Texas and have been living out and proud for over 20 years.

Now I am wondering if i will even bother to go back to Indianapolis to visit family.

Posted by: Steve Pardue | Feb 15, 2011 9:50:26 PM

7. In many muslim countries, queers are hanged...are you saying you're smarter than muslims, you racists?

Posted by: ron | Feb 15, 2011 10:01:32 PM

8. My heart breaks for that man. He is so sincerely motivated by love for people he thinks are 'lost.' It's hard to hate him for that. But I hate the people who taught him a false gospel. The people who taught him that he could not be both a Christian and the gay man that he clearly is.

Posted by: Andrew | Feb 15, 2011 10:03:47 PM

9. My goodness! America sure does have a lot of lunatic people on their land. Truly deranged and CRAZY!

Posted by: FunMe | Feb 16, 2011 12:33:57 AM

10. Where the f@&% is Indiana ?

And why would anyone go there ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Feb 16, 2011 3:29:27 AM

11. Below are our friends in the Indiana legislature. Ed Clere from Southern Indiana is the lone Republican among these 26. There were 11 Democrats joining the 59 Republicans writing discrimination into Indiana's constitution. (4 Democrats did not vote.) Please thank these courageous legislators for their vision and compassion.

VOTING NAY (against discrimination): 26
    Ryan Dvorak
    Craig Fry
    Benjamin GiaQuinta
    Earl Harris
    Shelia Klinker
    Linda Lawson
    Winfield "Win" C. Moses, Jr.
    Scott Pelath
    Matt Pierce
    Greg Porter
    Cherrish Pryor
    Gail Riecken
    Vernon Smith
    Dan Stevenson
    Mary Ann Sullivan
    Dennis Tyler
    Shelli VanDenburgh

Posted by: TruthSeeker_Too | Feb 16, 2011 4:50:11 AM

12. Jeez, the marriage police rule in IN, where the KKK had a big presence not long ago Mr Obama man...
    Onward, JAM, Washington Green, CT USA

Posted by: Joseph A. Mustich | Feb 16, 2011 6:56:47 AM

13. Btw, who is the lovely and patient woman interviewing this trog? She deserves a medal.

Posted by: Gigi | Feb 16, 2011 7:39:10 AM

14. @JackFknTwist :

C'mon it's Indiana, you know, home of the most famous automobile race in the world, the 500 and the Brickyard 400, home of the NFL football team Colts, home of the Pacers basketball team, home of Purdue, Notre Dame and IU, home of James Whitcomb Riley and David Letterman and... ah nevermind.

You're right, culturally speaking, it's a backwater.

Posted by: johnny | Feb 16, 2011 8:08:38 AM

15. @JOHNNY: OK, you lost me on "Colts".....but I did try to follow you. Thanks.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Feb 16, 2011 6:16:37 PM

16. Sixty years ago I graduated from an Indiana College. I was Treasurer and then President of my Fraternity; President of the Photo Society; Student Council Representative to the College President; President of the Student Council; Photo Editor of the College Year Book and Student Newspaper for two years. And you know what? Nobody gave a damn that I was Gay!

Indiana has gone backwards while the rest of the world has gone forward.

Posted by: Jerry6 | Feb 17, 2011 5:23:44 PM

17. "The National Organization for Marriage’s “One Man, One Woman” bus tour hit Indianapolis today and the LGBT community came out to greet them.
    Since we’re hospitable Hoosiers, of course, our welcome wagon outnumbered the small dog and pony show put on by NOM and local religious right groups.
    Over 250 LGBT and allied folks protested the rally, but only 40 fundies showed up. At least 10 of the anti-marriage equality crowd were NOM staff or local speakers; the rest of the group were older Caucasians and skewed slightly female.
    One older attendee held this sign and the Courage Campaign, there to document the entire tour, got an interview with the man. It’s included after the jump with another photo of the guy with the sign.
    I’ll be posting Maggie Gallagher’s entire speech plus an exclusive interview with her this evening after I get back from the event sponsored by Freedom To Marry and local groups. Also behind the jump is a slideshow of photos that I took at the rally; it was a beautiful sight to see. It reminded me of when Fred Phelps church comes to town and the community always drowns out the sight of their hate and religious zealotry."

Posted by: facebook marketing | Oct 18, 2011 10:21:42 PM