Comments

1. Paul R says

The allegations certainly seem dubious, and I obviously hope they are and his career isn’t damaged. This being Georgia, though, it’s very hard to predict the outcome.

2. Mstrozfckslv says

Jon lee hart

Uhm DRAMA! That is why. The current boyfriend of his ex = easy to understand why the allegations are being made = DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

“….admits he does not have proof to back up his claims….” a stupid drama queen at that. One should have at least the shadow of proof for such things to stick and cause the harm one seeks

Anyway; good for Rashad coming out

3. dh says

The more out lgbt’s of color in prominent positions in the red states, the better. Hopefully he’ll come out of this mess a stronger person.

4. ratbastard says

Ridiculous. One man’s word against another, and the accuser has already engaged in dubious behavior by circulating the email. Present verifiable evidence or shut up.

And the representative is a ‘big’ dude. Lay off the southern food for awhile and get on a treadmill.

5. Paul R says

Spent much time in the South (or much of the Midwest)? If not, just look at the picture. Of the 10 or so people, at least half have, umm, “generously proportioned” bellies.

6. Daniel says

@ MATTSY and RATBASTARD:

It’s Pride season coming up (next week in SLC, in fact.) I wonder if gay people could stop being horrible enough for the next couple days so I can actually attend the parade being proud of us.

7. says

Congrats to Rep. Taylor, may your pastures continue to green.

And I love this: “examples of thousands of members of the LGBT community who have come out often to great personal and professional risk, I have been blessed. It’s your bravery and example that makes it possible for me to publicly and say to you, ‘this is who I am and I have nothing to be ashamed of.”