Lady Gaga | News | Rick Genest | Tattoo | Thierry Mugler

BigGayDeal.com

Photo: Mugler Muse 'Zombie Boy' Rick Genest, Before the Ink

Mugler2

What did Thierry Mugler muse Rick Genest look like before he covered himself in ink?

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Genest

(via buzzfeed)

Comments

1. Ha! Ink makes him look better.

Posted by: Brenda | May 2, 2011 10:01:55 AM

2. omg ikr?

Posted by: JonBenet | May 2, 2011 10:20:03 AM

3. well he wanted to be Unique....he acheived it.

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | May 2, 2011 10:28:43 AM

4. Can't wait to see what he looks like when "Zombie Boy" turns into "Zombie Grandpa".

Posted by: Taylor | May 2, 2011 10:48:25 AM

5. I dunno. I can only shake my head. If it were paint it would be more understandable but to ink one's self to such an extent seems detrimental. Yeah its cool 'for fifteen minutes'. You have to wonder if the guy hasn't 'painted' himself into a corner career-wise. A job as Tattoo Man in a Ringling Brothers circus seems the limited option.

Posted by: OS2Guy | May 2, 2011 11:12:09 AM

6. If this is permanent, does he have a sex life?

Posted by: anon | May 2, 2011 11:12:55 AM

7. Personally, I find him repulsive-looking. And I would put money down that he is or has been mentally ill.

Posted by: Mel | May 2, 2011 11:20:47 AM

8. What a cry for help....and he needs lots of mental help.

Posted by: B-rod | May 2, 2011 11:36:06 AM

9. Oh, look, someone different! He must be evil, diseased, and mentally ill! Hide the children!

You want to know the reason why equality is so hard to reach? Look no further.

Posted by: Dev | May 2, 2011 11:36:15 AM

10. Thank you Dev! Someone with an open mind commenting at Towleroad. Good to see!

Posted by: eli | May 2, 2011 11:51:48 AM

11. My initial reaction was kinda negative, like some of those above. But then I remembered: Just like gay sex and gay marriage, what he did makes him happy and hurts no one! My new Golden Rule....

Posted by: redball | May 2, 2011 12:09:38 PM

12. Err, "marriage equality" :-)

Posted by: redball | May 2, 2011 12:10:08 PM

13. He's way cuter after.

Posted by: DD | May 2, 2011 12:20:21 PM

14. Well, it has to be said, the ink really does bring out his cheekbones!

Posted by: SeeingI | May 2, 2011 1:07:49 PM

15. Hey, it's his body and his life. It's gotten him fame and fortune.

Congratulations to him!

Posted by: Marco | May 2, 2011 1:10:49 PM

16. To each their own. Personally, I find him to be damn sexy . . . which is not something I could say about all the hundreds of thousands of little sheep that are trying so damn hard to become Abercrombie and Fitch zombies.

Rick Genest looks ten times hotter and sexier in a tux then anyone I ever saw in an Ambercombie and Fitch ad . . . or a Calvin Klein's clone ad.

It is sad to me that in our quest to become a society that respects diversity, and celebrates the differences in our society, that we are stripping away as many differences as we can. As we gain more equality for gays in our society, we dilute the sort of individuality that accounts for people like the beautiful and unique Rick.

Maybe we do not understand what motivates a man like him . . . but it is not important that we do, only that we accept and celebrate his right to express that individuality. And while it may be ones right whether or not to take him to their bed, the fact that his ink is still an issue when it comes to employment only shows, that whatever strides we have made in equality for all people, we are still and ever will be an homogenous society.

Posted by: Ricco | May 2, 2011 1:20:03 PM

17. I like his look. I even find it 'hot'. But, he's good looking and cute to begin with [IMHO] so not everyone could pull it off. Also, it [the ink] is not going to age well.

Mental illness? Yes, I'd have to agree with that. I'd say he has pretty serious mental health issues.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 2, 2011 1:44:31 PM

18. "Can't wait to see what he looks like when "Zombie Boy" turns into "Zombie Grandpa"."

People always say this, and I never understand.

The skin of most geriatric people is not pretty. He will be no different.

Posted by: Ben | May 2, 2011 2:12:13 PM

19. I remember watching a report about how some inmates at a jail began to tattoo the white of their eyes –yes, creepy and disgusting and obviously painful- to look scarier and in their own words, to avoid being molested… at least they said they got that.
    I imagine this guy won’t need that eyes tattooing procedure though. But hey, maybe he just didn’t realize as yet.

Posted by: Lexxvs | May 2, 2011 3:19:45 PM

20. I think it's hot! I mean "he's" hot. (lol)

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | May 2, 2011 3:41:55 PM

21. I'm not a tattoo person personally, but its just lovely how some of you think something must be wrong with him since he decided to cover himself in ink. You don't even know him. I would like people to stop assuming things about the gay community but how are we suppose to do that if we ourselves don't try to understand those who are different from us.

His tattoos in my opinion are know different that bodybuilding, or piercing or fashion. As humans we tend to want to take control of our bodies and differentiate it from the general population. This is a good thing. This man is dedicated, he sacrificed so much to do this and all some of you can do is be negative, go look in a mirror.

Posted by: redebbm | May 2, 2011 4:59:39 PM

22. In some ways I can understand the body - but the permanent living skull face is a bit much.

Posted by: jaragon | May 2, 2011 6:06:19 PM

23. Is he HIV+? The reason I ask is the bio-hazard tattoo on his chest is something some HIV+ people have started doing.

Posted by: Bobby | May 2, 2011 8:54:06 PM

24. I think he is absolutely beautiful and his tattoos are incredible. My partner is very tattooed, though not to this degree, and it's amazing how much a part of the person the tattoos become--inseparable. I understand it's not everyone's taste, but I think it's incredibly hot, sexually, and beautiful, artistically. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Posted by: Mark | May 2, 2011 10:10:44 PM

25. I agree with the poster above that said "he's beautiful". It's his body to do with as he pleases, and not one of us can look into his mind to say why he's done it, though most of you seem inclined to speculate.

Posted by: Ioann | May 2, 2011 10:28:01 PM