Abercrombie & Fitch | France | Paris

Watch: Models Celebrate First Abercrombie And Fitch Store in Paris

Aber
Abercrombie and Fitch is set to open its first location in France next week and to help celebrate the grand opening, the clothing store has decided to introduce Parisians to one of their favorite traditions - shirtless male models posing outside of the store.

Watch 101 of them promote the store on the Champs Élysées., AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. what a shame. that is the shittiest style to import to a country of good taste. poor French.

Posted by: Joe | May 14, 2011 2:06:20 PM

2. Wow, there's a couple of people of color in the group. Surprising for Abercrombie & Fitch.

I still wouldn't touch their clothes. They make clothes for aging gay men who are trying to grasp at youth that they no longer have and high school brats.

Posted by: New-new | May 14, 2011 2:06:29 PM

3. I’ll take the adonis on the far right, please. Don’t wrap him, I’ll just wear him out...

Posted by: ichabod | May 14, 2011 2:08:11 PM

4. @Ichabod, yeah, guy on the far right has a beautiful body.
    I love Paris, the city of love.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 14, 2011 2:18:45 PM

5. @New-New: you took the words out of my mouth with the comment about aging gay men and A&F. It's sad herd/sheep behavior. Go out in the Castro and you'll see dozens of guys wearing the exact same t-shirt, sweatshirt, or hoodie. Yuck. I have no idea what they're thinking is sexy or impressive about being a clone.

The only thing I like about A&F is seeing obviously straight guys walking around with one of the chain's amusingly homoerotic bags. The first and only time I've been in one of the stores was in the mid-90s, and I couldn't believe anyone would pay $75 for a bland button-down shirt of incredibly poor quality.

Posted by: Paul R | May 14, 2011 2:24:19 PM

6. Why didn't they just do strippers? Oh. That would be in bad taste?

Posted by: candideinnc | May 14, 2011 2:39:55 PM

7. Nice to see healthy looking men in Paris. So many Parisian men are still into that weak pale gray emaciated smoker look, I mean lifestyle.

Posted by: mld | May 14, 2011 2:46:09 PM

8. Yeah, they look exactly like me. Eat something you skinny bastards!

Posted by: Sean R | May 14, 2011 2:46:11 PM

9. I'm not a big fan of A&F. But people can wear whatever they want, I guess. I never liked A&F because they put more emphasis on the brand name than the style. They're not fashion forward at all, and their clothes are way overpriced. (But since I shop almost exclusively at American Apparel, I probably shouldn't be criticizing anyone for buying overpriced clothes).

Posted by: PS | May 14, 2011 2:47:10 PM

10. @sean r, having muscles and low body fat is not skinny.

Posted by: mld | May 14, 2011 2:48:32 PM

11. A&F was cool in 1997. Anyone who wears is now is pathetic.

Posted by: Max | May 14, 2011 2:49:15 PM

12. These bodies are a lot more impressive in front of a store in a U.S. city than in Paris. After all, the average American male passerby is overweight or obese and slouches. In France, the average Frenchman of that age doesn't have a much worse body than these models.

Meanwhile, it's hard to condemn the average twenty-something for wanting to follow the herd. It's just human nature. Pity that the instinct is to go for the low-quality and uninteresting stuff, though.

Posted by: tominsf | May 14, 2011 2:49:58 PM

13. Oh youth and beauty, enjoy it while it lasts. In too soon a time it all disappears. Bear in mind, 65% of Americans are over weight, not so with the French. This body type probably seems more common there, while here in the States it's considered the exception.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | May 14, 2011 3:09:55 PM

14. All I see is the same shaved-plucked-cookie-cutter look, multiplied twenty times and dipped in different colors. How incredibly boring.

Posted by: sparks | May 14, 2011 3:12:29 PM

15. LOL, someone has already beaten me to it, there are minorities there?

Posted by: johnosahon | May 14, 2011 3:30:49 PM

16. @TomInSF
    I'm in France on a fairly regular basis...just two weeks ago, and I can tell you that this is NOT a common body type there. They are a fairly thin and fit people, but not a lot of gym monkeys walking around like this. I am continually surprised at how Starbucks average blah coffee has taken off there, so maybe AF is just what they're looking for?

Posted by: Jerry | May 14, 2011 4:02:21 PM

17. PAUL R you bring out some good points. I always wondered for us gay for being so "original", some of us end up being just FREAKING CLONES.

So much for gays having creativity and originality.

Posted by: FunMe | May 14, 2011 4:10:28 PM

18. Not a chest hair in the bunch! Boring!

Posted by: John | May 14, 2011 4:17:58 PM

19. TomInSF,

The average Frenchman doesn't have a body even close to this. Most French are quite thin, yes, but they are nowhere near as fit and healthy as these guys.

Posted by: T | May 14, 2011 5:17:25 PM

20. I always had to hand it to the company, they could get guys to proudly work in their stores for barely over minimum wage because they call their sales clerks "models"

I'm surprised they're expanding though, last I heard they were getting bankrupt

Posted by: MadM@ | May 14, 2011 5:36:38 PM

21. @Jerry, Starbucks is there because french coffee is merde.

Posted by: zeddy | May 14, 2011 6:27:13 PM

22. I love that they are all wearing flip flops lol.

Posted by: brent | May 14, 2011 6:57:00 PM

23. I would totally cum to Paris to meet them.

Posted by: Philo | May 14, 2011 7:56:20 PM

24. Whaaaaa...black and arab models used for an Abercrombie promotional event..I'd say bravo, but then again it's still A&F we are talking about.

Posted by: craig | May 14, 2011 7:58:29 PM

25. A&F clothes have been the SAME for a decade. No new styles or cuts; they just resell in different colors or add a stripe here and there. I do love my A&F pants/jeans from many years ago, though... they are really durable and currently way overpriced for me to replace.

Posted by: Drew | May 14, 2011 9:22:30 PM