AIDS/HIV | Britney Spears | Canada | Croatia | Earthquake | Gay Marriage | Julia Gillard | Mitt Romney | News | Ryan Gosling | Ryan Murphy | Video Games

News: Ryan Gosling, HIV, Croatia, Mitt Romney

road The couple who shot to instant fame for kissing on the street amidst the chaotic riots in Vancouver earlier this week have come forward.

RyanGosling  road Ryan Gosling beaming at the premiere for his movie, Drive.

road Astronaut Buzz Aldrin files for divorce from his wife of 23 years.

road HIV infections reportedly drop in gay and bisexual men in California. Other findings: "The rates of new, positive HIV tests in recent years were highest in men age 18 to 24, a finding that suggests younger men may be more likely to engage in risky behaviors such as unprotected sex, researchers say."

road Ryan Murphy is getting hitched.

road New sci-fi video game set in the 1950s to include closted gay character.

road The music video for "I Wanna Go" by Britney Spears to debut next week.

road Study shows that you might just lose a few IQ points if you watch Jersey Shore.

C  road 2,000 marched in the 10th Pride parade in Zagreb Croatia today. 700 police protected the participants in order to avoid the type of violence that struck a rally in Split last week.

road Gay rights group wins auction; will now confront Australian prime minister Julia Gillard about her anti-gay views during a dinner party.

road Watch: Amazing video of a 6.3 quake hitting a hardware store in New Zealand.

road "Flying deer" causes blackout in Montana.

road Canadians hold kiss-in in their country to support marriage equality in the United States.

road Jennifer Lopez could pull an Ellen DeGeneres and make herself a one-season judge on American Idol.

road Multi-millionaire Mitt Romney resorts to damage control after telling a group of people who are out of work that he is also unemployed.

Comments

1. Oh my, Ryan Gosling's smile makes me swoon like a anime school girl. Is that bad?

Posted by: Joe | Jun 18, 2011 4:08:50 PM

2. There are a few things that I find interesting about Ryan Murphy's announcement of his plans to marry:

#1) He implies that he has been in a relationship with his partner for 15 years...which is strange because about 7 or 8 years ago, he dated a friend of mine for a couple of months before they called it quits.

#2) A search of donations opposing Proposition 8 does not turn up anyone named Ryan Murphy. Apparently, he didn't make any donations in the fight to retain marriage equality in his own state of California.

#3) He has the sourest puss of anyone I've ever encountered. I've never seen the man smile (and I see him on a fairly regular basis around L.A.). Why anyone would want to marry that is a mystery to me.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 18, 2011 6:57:08 PM

3. Hey Andy--

Please keep us in the loop on that Australian PM dinner party we won. It's a fascinating concept and I'm intrigued by what it will end up looking like--how we'll utilize it.

Awesome as always!

-Derek in Madison

Posted by: Derek in Madison | Jun 18, 2011 9:14:44 PM

4. There is evidence, including video shot from above, that the Vancouver couple was not making out. The couple has said, and other eyewitnesses have said, she was pushed down by riot police. He got down on the street to comfort and protect her. Shortly after the photo was taken, other people came to help them.

Posted by: james | Jun 18, 2011 9:18:42 PM

5. @PeterParker ... I guess you just don't like Ryan Murphy because I'm kind of scratching my head over why you made the post you did.

Regarding the boyfriend, the articles only quote him as saying he has known the guy for 15 years, not that they've been dating for that long.

Not being an American, I don't know how fundraising to fight something like Proposition 8 works but couldn't Murphy have donated to some organization that was fighting Prop 8 and requested that his donation be kept confidential?

If you want to see Murphy smile, you could just google pics of him. Not sure why YOU seeing him smile would have any relevance to someone else wanting to marry him.

Posted by: RJ | Jun 18, 2011 11:07:11 PM

6. @RJ:

You are correct that Ryan Murphy's quote regarding his boyfriend states that they've known each other for fifteen years, not that they've dated for fifteen years. But it *implies* that they've been together for fifteen years.

I wouldn't say that I dislike Ryan Murphy because I don't know him well enough to have a personal opinion about him. But I will say that from what I have observed, he seems pretty unlikable. The only times I've ever seen him smile are when a camera is on him at an awards show. Otherwise, he looks *miserable*. I'm not the only person who has this opinion...several of my friends have also commented on it.

To respond to your question about whether or not Murphy could have donated to an organization fighting Prop 8 and requested that the donation remain confidential: In the United States, donations to individual politicians, political parties, PACs, political campaigns, etc...are governed by federal laws that require reporting donations to the appropriate government body. It is illegal for a donor to give a donation anonymously, and it is illegal for a politician/PAC/organization to fail to report a donation. In the case of Prop 8, each side had to report to the California Secretary of State the name, city of residence, employer and donation amount of each individual donor. These donations then become public record and are searchable by anyone. If Ryan Murphy gave anything to fight Proposition 8, it would have been in the database---and it isn't.

Regarding my reason for posting: it is irksome to know that an extremely high profile, extremely wealthy, gay, Hollywood power broker apparently did nothing to fight Proposition 8, yet wants to trumpet to the world that he's engaged and intends to marry his boyfriend. Gag.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 19, 2011 11:52:42 PM

7. i watch "Jersey Shore" all the time and mee eye quew is gooder than anyone!! me like watch show afkljwjkeoiubjaklllm las;l;lwe;lkjwe.,mwkjerflw

why does this news not surprise me! "Jersey WH-ore" is a waste of television.

Posted by: pitluver | Jun 20, 2011 3:25:43 AM

8. You can look your article comments. This information has really been helpful for most of the readers. I really appreciate the way you have written about this. I will really like to read more on this from you.

Posted by: buy outlook 2010 | Jun 20, 2011 5:16:20 AM

9. I will really like to read more on this from you.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/news-3.html#ixzz1PtIg1YdX