Gay Marriage | News | Oklahoma | Sally Kern

BigGayDeal.com

Sally Kern: Same Sex Marriage Will Lead to Man-Animal Marriage

Right Wing Watch points us to these excerpts from an interview in the Tulsa Beacon with Oklahoma lawmaker Sally Kern, famous for her remark that homosexuals are a greater threat to our nation than terrorists. The interview is in advance of her forthcoming book, The Stoning of Sally Kern.

Kern Here's how Sally sees it.

On the gay "lifestyle":

“I took a lot of heat when this all started because I said this is a lifestyle they choose,” said Kern.

"And when I say choose, they don’t choose it in the sense of like going through a cafeteria line and looking at all the different types of lifestyles and saying, I’ll take that one because it looks exciting.

“No. Everybody knows it is not exciting. It has many harmful effects. They choose it in the sense that they succumb to the temptation to give into it. They are not born that way. God would not call something an abomination and make someone where they had no choice. They have the opportunity, they have the power to say no to that lifestyle.”

On hating homosexuals:

“The average American doesn’t understand the threat that homosexuality and the total acceptance of it into our society is to our nation,” Kern said. “We need to wake up to this threat.

“I am always being accused of hating homosexuals. I don’t hate anyone. This isn’t a matter of hating someone or trying to deny them their equal rights. All American citizens have equal rights under our Constitution. This is trying to get acceptance for a behavior that is specifically mentioned in God’s Word that is wrong.”

On same-sex marriage:

If the homosexuals get special status for same-sex marriage, what would stop them from seeking approval for group marriage or marriage to animals or children, Kern said.

Comments

1. more stupid than Bachman....someone give her a microphone so the rest of the country can see how ignorant she is.

Posted by: chris | Jun 24, 2011 10:20:19 AM

2. I'm so tired of hearing about "God's Word." Ok, that's what you BELIEVE, not what I believe. Stop forcing your views on me if you don't like it when I give an opposing view.

Posted by: Kevin | Jun 24, 2011 10:22:07 AM

3. Sally, the sooner you die, the happier I'll be.

Posted by: Dave | Jun 24, 2011 10:22:53 AM

4. Flip the record, lady. I’m tired of this tune...

Posted by: ichabod | Jun 24, 2011 10:24:59 AM

5. You would think a sanctimonious cow such as herself would smile upon man-animal marriage. Her husband is clearly into animal husbandry.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jun 24, 2011 10:25:53 AM

6. C'mon, y'all know it's true.

After I marry my partner of 10 years, I'm *totally* gonna marry a honeybadger. (honeybadger don't care)

Posted by: troubletown | Jun 24, 2011 10:31:32 AM

7. She's an expert on the topic, since her husband married a pig.

Posted by: homer | Jun 24, 2011 10:34:00 AM

8. Excuse me, Ms. Kern... You seem to have a bit of santorum dribbling down your chin.

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Jun 24, 2011 10:34:31 AM

9. The "stoning"? Why, she's a regular Christian martyr, that Sally.

How does she explain the authority with which she claims to speak about people resisting the "lifestyle" or knowing more than the average American about it?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jun 24, 2011 10:34:31 AM

10. Someone should remind her that an animal can't legally enter into a contract and that heterosexual Man-Child marriage was legal with parental consent in many states for years. She's an idiot. Faith is all about not wanting to know what is true.

Posted by: ben | Jun 24, 2011 10:34:31 AM

11. Yes, Sally; you're right. Also, the earth is flat.

Posted by: JOE 2 | Jun 24, 2011 10:36:02 AM

12. 1. Since when did "God's Word" become the basis for American Law? If we allow Christian doctrine to shape our laws, then what is to stop Muslims from putting Sharia Law on our books? Goes both ways, Sally.

2. Marrying animals or Adult/Child marriages are illegal for EVERYONE. Maybe you don't understand the concept of CONSENT, Sally.

3. Since the government grants so many benefits and rights of marriage, it can limit those benefits to 2 people, not groups. No one is asking for the benefits to be extended to 3 or more people - only that the government does not discriminate against any two consenting adult humans that want to get married. It is not a slippery slope, Sally.

4. I go to the grocery store; I pay taxes (for your kids to go to school); I play softball with my friends on weekends; I don't want to meddle in your personal life (even though you constantly meddle in mine); I work; I want to marry someone I love and live in a nice, secure place. Tell me, Sally, how is that the greatest threat that America is facing?

Has anyone ever met an Anti-Gay atheist?

Posted by: Chadd | Jun 24, 2011 10:36:18 AM

13. Kern has to be one of the "stupidest" humans ever created by her God. Or did she just choose "dumb" when she went through the selection line at the cafeteria of intelligence? I suppose Kern is but another Rethuglican politico example of "unintelligent design".

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Jun 24, 2011 10:38:54 AM

14. Not only were man-child marriages legal in the United States with parental consent, they most frequently happened in Evangelical rural communities. But because they are mostly between a man and a girl, those are okay with Sally Kern.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jun 24, 2011 10:40:50 AM

15. Sally Kern essentially wants America to be a Christian version of Saudi Arabia.

Posted by: Chadd | Jun 24, 2011 10:46:04 AM

16. Some times I long for those biblical times where women would be stoned to death, as stated in Leviticus, for speaking out of line.
    (And I do not mean that seriously... just in case there's some misunderstanding.)

Posted by: JimmyD | Jun 24, 2011 10:49:05 AM

17. i was completely unaware that under the US constitution that animals were endowed with EXACTLY the same rights as humans and have the ability to marry. i say marry because consent is a non-issue, Dr. Dolittle will interpret to see if there's consent.

Posted by: kieran | Jun 24, 2011 10:49:59 AM

18. I just fundamentally misunderstood what elected office is all about in this country. Turns out, it's quite easy. First check for instructions from the Tea Taliban. If none, then vote in accordance with your own personal opinion.

Posted by: Russell | Jun 24, 2011 10:50:02 AM

19. Didn't she used to be cross-eyed? Not that there's anything wrong with that... bless it.

Posted by: sleepy bear | Jun 24, 2011 10:55:39 AM

20. The stupid, it burns...

Posted by: gerry | Jun 24, 2011 10:56:56 AM

21. Sadly, it is exactly those opinions that cause the people of Oklahoma to keep reelecting her. That means that there are a whole lotta people in OK that share exactly those views. The same can be said of Bachmann.

Posted by: Chadd | Jun 24, 2011 10:59:43 AM

22. What has stopped the Mormons from group marriage?

Posted by: the_woodrow | Jun 24, 2011 11:00:40 AM

23. This is what happens when first cousins marry... you get her. Stupid Fucktard.

Posted by: pdxblueyes | Jun 24, 2011 11:02:45 AM

24. "If the homosexuals get special status for same-sex marriage"

Again with the "special". Heterosexuals are the only ones enjoying special status as far as marriage goes. Once equality is established, there would be no special status for anyone.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jun 24, 2011 11:03:07 AM

25. "God's Word" Sally, really. Seems to me about 600 years ago Bloody Mary would have been burning your a** for believing in the wrong god. Why should we listen to a heretic?

Posted by: CPT_Doom | Jun 24, 2011 11:15:50 AM