Bullying | News | Stephen Colbert

BigGayDeal.com

Stephen Colbert Talks About Taking the Power from the Bullies VIDEO

Colbert

In a new video for the "It Gets Better" project, Stephen Colbert describes how his mind was blown in school when a bully was asked to prove the claims he was making that another kid was "queer".

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via dan savage)

Comments

1. He is such a great ally! Kudos, Stephen!

Posted by: Perry | Jul 20, 2011 6:52:03 PM

2. In fact,what I mean “ Love Cheap true religion for no reason” is another way of asying that loving jeans of this brand for many reasons.And the reasons are as follows.

First I want to mention is the branch of the jeans is very awesome.So you may feel a bit more relaxed wearing it than jeans of other brands.What’s more, great customer service makes the products better..When you step into the shops of the true religion jean of it you can easily find that the shop sales staffs are very friendly to you.They will make suitable recommendations on what fits best for you.The last one aspect I want to say is that the brand make really nice and soft jeans,They fit many different body types and you will love their jeans .And you you must make a stop at this store!Or you may be regreted.

Posted by: true religion jeans | Jul 20, 2011 8:36:49 PM

3. Stephen Colbert for President!

Posted by: DD | Jul 20, 2011 9:58:44 PM

4. @TRJ Spammers need to be a bit more proficient with the English language.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jul 20, 2011 10:54:29 PM

5. He will always be my friend of friends.

Posted by: Chris | Jul 20, 2011 11:02:49 PM

6. Can we take the power from these damn "advertisers" Everyone I know has been hit by some spam/hacker attack in the last week. Ridiculous. Can we add them to our terror list?

Posted by: Raven | Jul 20, 2011 11:06:28 PM

7. A great message, but with one caveat from me. The thing with some bullies is they don't go away. Some keep coming and coming and you eventually have to do more than use words. So I tell any young LGBT person the following: You're young, fit, the world before you. Take karate lessons, take Taekwondo, take self-defense classes. You'll be in a stronger position to deflect the taunts and criticisms from the cavemen throwing them at you. You may also show them we as a society will return their verbal slings and arrows with some of our own kick ass techniques.

Posted by: Rob | Jul 21, 2011 12:25:07 AM

8. True Religion Jeans now appear to be made by incompetent morons who probably dress extremely poorly. Good job shooting yourself in the foot.

Posted by: SeriouslySick | Jul 21, 2011 12:25:42 AM

9. 1. Stephen Colbert is awesome.

2. I love their branch of soft jeans, erm.. ?

Posted by: Mike | Jul 21, 2011 2:25:04 AM

10. Love hims

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jul 21, 2011 3:49:20 AM

11. Adore him, he's so intelligent and well-spoken. Totally unlike his Colbert Report character. :-P Also his Ameri-Cone Dream ice cream is delicious!

Posted by: Christian | Jul 21, 2011 9:53:53 AM

12. THIS ONLY WORKS IN SOME SITUATIONS, AS DOES LEARNING A MARTIAL ART; IF YOU TROUNCE A BULLY HE'LL BE BACK WITH HIS THUGGISH PALS. KIDS DON'T NEED TO BE TOLD "IT GETS BETTER" - THEY NEED FOR BULLYING TO BE ELIMINATED AT ALL LEVELS RIGHT NOW.

Posted by: Bard | Jul 21, 2011 12:07:39 PM

13. Love ya, Stephen. You're an amazing man.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Jul 21, 2011 1:05:46 PM

14. @BARD You don't need to SHOUT. We can hear you just fine.

Posted by: surph | Jul 21, 2011 1:53:03 PM

15. ...and I'm shouting at the choir, too; sorry!

Posted by: Bard | Jul 23, 2011 4:37:28 PM

16. 1. Stephen Colbert is awesome.

2. I love their branch of soft jeans, erm.. ?

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2011/07/colbertigb.html#ixzz1UoDNYGk1

Posted by: dual saw sales | Aug 12, 2011 6:23:42 AM

17. Unlike other your piece of writing has a zeal that matters to your readers.it works according to the needs.

Posted by: Buy Assignment | Sep 30, 2011 3:44:30 AM

18. Thanks for all the great information I have found here. I see so much I can do with my blog now.

Posted by: buy dissertation | Oct 1, 2011 12:01:54 PM

19. Unlike other your piece of writing has a zeal that matters to your readers.it works according to the needs.

Posted by: assignment writing | Oct 11, 2011 5:12:01 AM

20. I must say that u did great job in this field which not every one can do flawlessly.

Posted by: Custom logo design | Oct 17, 2011 12:39:28 AM

21. The topic that your blog deals with demands loads of research.

Posted by: Help Me Write My Essay | Oct 17, 2011 1:36:13 AM

22. True Religion Jeans now appear to be made by incompetent morons who probably dress extremely poorly. Good job shooting yourself in the foot.

Posted by: Research Paper Help | Oct 17, 2011 1:37:47 AM

23. The collection is very good & amazing. Nice one to hold upon this. All the stuffs gives a meaning to the collection & symbolizes a lot. So overall good one

Posted by: Logo Design Contest | Oct 17, 2011 3:17:03 AM

24. The concept of your blog is very fresh i definitely sure the visitors who visit your will like your content and pointers.

Posted by: Dissertation Help UK | Oct 17, 2011 4:21:06 AM

25. That's is so inspiring; I am very pleased by this post. Nice information on this post!!! I really like it

Posted by: buy dissertation | Oct 22, 2011 9:19:53 AM