Adele | Music

BigGayDeal.com

WATCH: Video For Adele's "Someone Like You"

Adelevideo

Though Fridays call for celebration and exuberance, I couldn't resist posting the new video for Adele's heartache-filled track "Someone Like You," which premiered yesterday.

The video, shot in Paris and directed by Jake Nava, beautifully captures the pain of which Adele sings.

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. A bridge in Paris, in black and white no less? I don't think it's possible to look more amateurish which really sucks because I love Adele and Someone Like You is one of my favorites.

Posted by: Erich | Sep 30, 2011 10:39:34 AM

2. If I'm going to watch a video of Adele online, it's going to be a live performance. She doesn't even look comfortable lip-syncing in this video; she's meant to be heard live.

Posted by: Mikey | Sep 30, 2011 10:47:40 AM

3. I'm a fan of Adele, and I love this song. But I don't like this video at all. Utterly dreary and boring. Not nearly as interesting as her video for Rolling in the Deep. I'll continue to listen to this song, but I see no reason to bother watching the video more than once.

Posted by: Reverse Polarity | Sep 30, 2011 10:49:43 AM

4. Love the vid (and the b/w bridge too!) Can't help thinking how poignant if sung--same lyrics--with a male voice (Heath to Jake in Brokeback MTN?)

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 30, 2011 10:52:02 AM

5. I was born not too far from where that video was shot, and my parents live not too far away in Arrondissement 16 - Passy

The filming of Paris in black and white is so poignant to the mood of the song!

Amateurish it is not, flashy it is not, just right it is.

Adele is one of the most interesting, if not the most interesting artists to come along in a long time. She is simply beautiful as a songstress: Adele 19 was inspirational, and Adele 21, simply fantastic! I weep during quiet moments in the evening when I listen to her albums.

Thank you Adele, thank you!

Posted by: Braina | Sep 30, 2011 11:07:13 AM

6. The video is reflective and quietly beautiful and not flashy, it is what is called for, for this song. No bells and whistles are required for an Adele video. Although, I still prefer the British music awards version better, it is a little less screechy.

Posted by: Drew | Sep 30, 2011 11:17:07 AM

7. black and white grainy film walking the streets of paris in a peacoat.

le sigh.

Posted by: David in NYC | Sep 30, 2011 11:18:13 AM

8. The song didn't really need a video. Her oft-seen performance at the BRIT Awards was video enough and one of the most astounding live recorded performances of the last few yaers.

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 30, 2011 11:29:36 AM

9. Did she lose a fair amount of weight? It doesn't really matter.. She's always had that classically beautiful look, but her face seems much less plump in this video. In any case, the video was ok, but the ending was perfect. Love the song and Adele (even though she's way over-played on the local radio :-/ )

Posted by: Karl | Sep 30, 2011 11:32:27 AM

10. Not a fan of the video. She's very pretty though and there's a certain 60's look to her that is appealing.

Posted by: Ljc | Sep 30, 2011 11:44:08 AM

11. The best part of the video is the end, with Adele staring stoically ahead while he walks away, and it's him that looks back.

We she sang this in New York, at the United Palace, and she got to the line "who would have known how bittersweet this would taste," she raised her hands up on the word "this" to the sold-out crowd of 3500 people and that's when the waterworks in this boy's eyes began...

Posted by: JesryPo | Sep 30, 2011 12:01:54 PM

12. I like it. Overcast morning alone in the haunting beauty of paris perfectly captures the mood of the song.

Brava!

Posted by: dms | Sep 30, 2011 12:34:31 PM

13. Wow-
    so many alternative versions that bring a tear to my eye...

Posted by: Zak | Sep 30, 2011 1:06:19 PM

14. Great song but the video is incredibly bland. The song certainly doesn't call for "bells and whistles" but a little bit of editing or something that wasn't shot in less than an hour would be a little more interesting.

Posted by: Joseph Klock | Sep 30, 2011 1:13:13 PM

15. I really like the video. It reminds me a lot of Sinead O'Connor's video for Nothing Compares 2 U. And I cannot get over how beautiful Adele is. I hope she goes into acting.

Posted by: jamesintoronto | Sep 30, 2011 1:58:55 PM

16. Love this.

Posted by: Rocco | Sep 30, 2011 2:39:38 PM

17. fantastic song... it will become a standard at concerts by torch singers all over the world. Dame Shiley Bassey could kill on this song.

Posted by: dc20008 | Sep 30, 2011 4:35:34 PM

18. That voice does not need a fancy video.

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 30, 2011 5:42:39 PM

19. Love this song. Most always love B/W film. Though the B/W added a bit to the feel of the song, I didn't like the directing at all for several reasons.

I hope Adele never gets "hollywood" and loses her feelings for good heartfelt songwriting.

Posted by: Mary | Sep 30, 2011 8:29:54 PM

20. Very disappointing, there is a big gap between flashy and having a good story, and that's what this video needed, some sort of story. They tried to sneak one in at the end, but it just felt disjointed from the rest of the video. So sad, this song deserved better than this boring video.

Posted by: Kyle | Sep 30, 2011 10:49:00 PM

21. The scenery was great and I even liked it going black and white... but the camera work was TERRIBLE. Eek. Thank god she sings like a goddess, so I could still listen to it.

Posted by: Ryan | Oct 1, 2011 12:11:04 AM

22. i read she wants to do a Country record next.

Posted by: Pugzz | Oct 1, 2011 8:54:05 AM

23. video is beautiful, simple and let's the song do the work. Paris in black and white, a bit dreary, is stunning. Love this song.

Posted by: Joe | Oct 1, 2011 2:07:31 PM

24. Great song...Very boring video...

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Oct 1, 2011 3:09:04 PM

25. I love her simplicity, both in her shows and in her videos.

Posted by: Adele Fan | Jan 2, 2012 11:04:34 AM