Comments

1. Erich says

A bridge in Paris, in black and white no less? I don’t think it’s possible to look more amateurish which really sucks because I love Adele and Someone Like You is one of my favorites.

2. Mikey says

If I’m going to watch a video of Adele online, it’s going to be a live performance. She doesn’t even look comfortable lip-syncing in this video; she’s meant to be heard live.

3. Reverse Polarity says

I’m a fan of Adele, and I love this song. But I don’t like this video at all. Utterly dreary and boring. Not nearly as interesting as her video for Rolling in the Deep. I’ll continue to listen to this song, but I see no reason to bother watching the video more than once.

4. Braina says

I was born not too far from where that video was shot, and my parents live not too far away in Arrondissement 16 – Passy

The filming of Paris in black and white is so poignant to the mood of the song!

Amateurish it is not, flashy it is not, just right it is.

Adele is one of the most interesting, if not the most interesting artists to come along in a long time. She is simply beautiful as a songstress: Adele 19 was inspirational, and Adele 21, simply fantastic! I weep during quiet moments in the evening when I listen to her albums.

Thank you Adele, thank you!

5. Drew says

The video is reflective and quietly beautiful and not flashy, it is what is called for, for this song. No bells and whistles are required for an Adele video. Although, I still prefer the British music awards version better, it is a little less screechy.

6. Gregoire says

The song didn’t really need a video. Her oft-seen performance at the BRIT Awards was video enough and one of the most astounding live recorded performances of the last few yaers.

7. says

Did she lose a fair amount of weight? It doesn’t really matter.. She’s always had that classically beautiful look, but her face seems much less plump in this video. In any case, the video was ok, but the ending was perfect. Love the song and Adele (even though she’s way over-played on the local radio :-/ )

8. JesryPo says

The best part of the video is the end, with Adele staring stoically ahead while he walks away, and it’s him that looks back.

We she sang this in New York, at the United Palace, and she got to the line “who would have known how bittersweet this would taste,” she raised her hands up on the word “this” to the sold-out crowd of 3500 people and that’s when the waterworks in this boy’s eyes began…

9. says

Great song but the video is incredibly bland. The song certainly doesn’t call for “bells and whistles” but a little bit of editing or something that wasn’t shot in less than an hour would be a little more interesting.

10. jamesintoronto says

I really like the video. It reminds me a lot of Sinead O’Connor’s video for Nothing Compares 2 U. And I cannot get over how beautiful Adele is. I hope she goes into acting.

11. Mary says

Love this song. Most always love B/W film. Though the B/W added a bit to the feel of the song, I didn’t like the directing at all for several reasons.

I hope Adele never gets “hollywood” and loses her feelings for good heartfelt songwriting.

12. Kyle says

Very disappointing, there is a big gap between flashy and having a good story, and that’s what this video needed, some sort of story. They tried to sneak one in at the end, but it just felt disjointed from the rest of the video. So sad, this song deserved better than this boring video.