Chris Martin | Ellen DeGeneres | Gwyneth Paltrow | News

Chris Martin: Gwyneth Paltrow 'Has Been a Great Beard for Me' — VIDEO

Chris_martin

Coldplay's Chris Martin (with guitarist Johnny Buckland) talks to Ellen about his relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow:

"She's been a great beard for me now for 10 years."

Over the weekend, Martin joked about how the boyband Take That made him question his sexuality as a teen.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. They nice))

Posted by: freelance academic writers | Oct 26, 2011 9:50:19 AM

2. If Coldplay's music were any good Chris wouldn't have to say things like that to get attention.

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 26, 2011 10:09:18 AM

3. That is cute. It seems that their ease with cheeky "homoerotic" banter actually catches Ellen off guard. I'm sure she would be ready to make a tense or homophobic conversation lighter and more appropriate; it's probably not often to engage in the opposite, where guys are so comfortable with their sexuality that the playfulness doesn't have any homophobic undertones. The tone has a nice energy, and one that we don't often see.

Posted by: alex | Oct 26, 2011 10:45:17 AM

4. well said @JackM

Posted by: Chris | Oct 26, 2011 11:34:27 AM

5. I think it would be universally accepted that Coldplay has a had a pretty successful run...some people like their music including me, good grief, can we all be a little less jaded? He is obviously comfortable with who he is, I wish more of us could be...we are our own worst enemy.

Posted by: Grant | Oct 26, 2011 11:55:04 AM

6. Yeah, for whatever reason Gweneth Paltrow and Coldplay are the worst so people have to pledge their hatred to them or face some sort of social punishment.

Posted by: Fenrox | Oct 26, 2011 1:04:02 PM

7. Hmmm... Chris Martin is cuter with this haircut... I get it now.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Oct 26, 2011 2:44:06 PM

8. Lol Johnny forgot their anniversary. Typical husband :P

Posted by: Sam | Oct 26, 2011 3:19:25 PM

9. I very much like to thank you share !

Posted by: Coach Outlet | Apr 23, 2012 5:22:03 PM