Glee | News | Ricky Martin

Ricky Martin to Play 'Hottest Spanish Teacher in History of Ohio' on Glee

Father_Ricky_martinMichael Ausiello at TV Line reports that Glee is in negotiations with Ricky Martin:

The bon-bon shaker extraordinaire will play what a Glee insider is calling “the hottest Spanish teacher ever in the history of Ohio.” And a musically inclined one at that. I’m told Martin’s scalding instructor will headline two big musical numbers in the episode, which is slated to air in late January.

Comments

1. I'm glad I didn't have him for high school Spanish...super hot teacher plus teen hormones. Bad combination.

Posted by: Jerry | Nov 29, 2011 5:00:15 PM

2. Epic!!! This just made my day!

Posted by: Carlos | Nov 29, 2011 5:11:04 PM

3. I hope he duets with Darren Criss- the tv screen will melt!

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 29, 2011 5:51:49 PM

4. I hope he duets with Chris Colfer.

Ricky strikes me as a super-humpy muscle bottom, and it would be great for Kurt to discover that he is actually a power top. We just know Blaine is really a fuzzy, bossy bottom.

Or they could all be versatile, it's all good to me. Google translate tells me Menage à trois is the same in English, French, and Spanish.

But man, if I were a kid at that high school, between Mr Schue and Ricky Martin, I would so be taking Spanish. Que rico!

Posted by: Strepsi | Nov 29, 2011 6:22:43 PM

5. Strepsi. Google translate lied to you.

Posted by: Alex Paris | Nov 29, 2011 7:41:30 PM

6. In that high school I would quickly learn two words "Ay, papi!"

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Nov 29, 2011 8:09:32 PM

7. Yet, they still can't buy a plot.

Posted by: Cameron Johnson | Nov 30, 2011 12:34:44 AM

8. I'm excited! He is so sexy.

Posted by: Miguel | Nov 30, 2011 12:54:32 AM

9. I think I just had an orgasm.

Posted by: Nirgal | Nov 30, 2011 1:09:56 AM

10. @JERRY - yes I know all too well. My french teacher in high school was pretty hot. My "teen hormones" is probably the best explanation for why I took three years of french.

Posted by: sparks | Nov 30, 2011 3:32:24 AM

11. Ay, papi!!!

Posted by: Matt | Nov 30, 2011 4:56:40 AM

12. Will the "Kids" reenact the video for "Hot For Teacher" on the show???

Posted by: Alan Arthur Chiras | Nov 30, 2011 6:55:24 AM

13. Is it just me, or is it sterotyping that he has to be a spanish teacher? Why not a coach or music teacher, shop teacher, or nurse?
    WHile thay are at it, why not a hairdresser-homie-ec teacher?

Posted by: ted | Nov 30, 2011 12:04:12 PM

14. Why is it stereotyping? Plenty of people teach their native tongue as a second language - most of my Spanish instructors were from Spanish-speaking countries. It's not like he's from the Bronx. Now it may be typecasting, but it's not like he's an experienced actor, so of course they're going to make the role one that should be easier for him.

Posted by: BGKev | Nov 30, 2011 12:28:02 PM

15. @bgkev Ricky has been a professional actor for years on Spanish TV. Mas alcanzar Las estrellas and Mama ama el Rock were regular shows he was on and he was a regular on General Hospital in the mid 90s so he doesn't need a role made "easier" for him. I think maybe having more than one Latino (Santana) on the show is OK. Maybe the storyline will be a connection with the new Irish boy or Santana and not the gay boys.

Posted by: chimig | Nov 30, 2011 1:19:38 PM