Louis Virtel | News | Oscars

Verbal Vogueing: The Oscars - VIDEO

Virtel

Louis Virtel splashes his sass on the Oscar red carpet.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Cool post. Thanks.

Posted by: paramountessays.com | Feb 23, 2012 12:02:25 PM

2. This guy has so consistently been such a Frankensnot that I wouldn't give him the time of day, let alone my time itself. Yuk.

Posted by: uffda | Feb 23, 2012 12:12:50 PM

3. I seriously cannot tell if he is a glimpse of what we will see from gay bloggers/comedians in the future when we are able to flaunt stereotypes and self-righteousness, or if he's just a attention-seeking jack off who enjoys sticking it to The Man in all of us.

Posted by: michael | Feb 23, 2012 12:41:21 PM

4. This guy is brilliant.

Posted by: Nuflux | Feb 23, 2012 1:04:40 PM

5. @Michael - lets hope for your first scenario - when gay men don't have to be flaming homosexuals or sound like dumb bimbos to get airtime (hint: Ross Mathews). As a 24yo gay men, I love the idea of Louis increasing fame, and cant wait for the day he gets Mathews job at NBC/Jay Leno!

Posted by: Rafael | Feb 23, 2012 1:47:38 PM

6. BLAST LAUGH!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 23, 2012 2:58:42 PM

7. LMAO at Louis Virtel. Sure he's a bit too much the stereotypical bitchy queen, but it's totally appropriate for what he doe - and doesn't mean he's not hilarious. I'd like to see him get a big TV break.

Posted by: fanboi | Feb 23, 2012 5:24:54 PM

8. He's brilliant and hilarious. He's our Oscar Wilde. Love him.

Posted by: nope | Feb 23, 2012 5:26:12 PM

9. "Extremely poz and incredibly legions"?? Really? AIDS jokes? Can someone please explain to me why Towleroad is promoting this nasty little prat?

Posted by: DaveATX | Feb 23, 2012 6:46:07 PM

10. @DaveATX

Because if you're not laughing, you're crying. Wouldn't you rather be laughing?

Posted by: Diogenes | Feb 23, 2012 7:56:03 PM

11. I...don't get it. I'm gay and I don't get it. Are gay people supposed to be this obsessed with famous people?

Posted by: Alex | Feb 23, 2012 8:52:26 PM

12. Ka-brilliant! J'adore. Full frontal faggotry.

Posted by: Brion | Feb 23, 2012 9:53:21 PM

13. So when does he do his version of "The Aristocrats"

Posted by: mikeflower | Feb 24, 2012 1:51:33 PM

14. He is extremely sharp and I find him very funny. He is just doing what he loves and should be doing and I think that shines through. I choose not to let the negativity of "is he too stereotypical? What will all the jesus people think!?!" get in the way of it. He never named himself ambassador to heterosexual america, don't hate.

Posted by: MadM@ | Feb 25, 2012 9:39:16 PM

15. Louis is extremely sharp and talented. For Verbal Vogueing, does he play into the pop-culture-obsessed stereotype of gay men? And is he a bit crass at times? Sure. But he is damn hilarious and is simply doing what he loves, which is making people laugh. Would anyone really follow a pop-culture video blog of a mild-mannered, unanimated individual?

"Dress You Up in Mall Clothes" is by far his best Verbal Vogueing post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onZGy54bE4U

Props, Louis. Keep it up.

Posted by: KMart | Feb 26, 2012 1:49:05 PM