Stephen Amell | Television

'Arrow' Preview Highlights Actor Stephen Amell's Super Body: VIDEO

StephenAmell

As part of the television industry's upfront presentations to advertisers, CW today unveiled footage from its forthcoming show, Arrow, about the DC Comics hero the Green Arrow.

Even if you aren't a fan of comics or even plan on watching the show, the video gives us a much-needed look at former Hung actor Stephen Amell's lustworthy body. Also, fun fact: Amell was on the first season of gay gothic soap Dante's Cove.

Give it a view, AFTER THE JUMP

Comments

1. Another fun fact: Amell is Canada's Andie Macdowell - two of his first major film appearances resulted in his entire role being entirely dubbed over by another actor. One who could make the lines sound as they were being delivered by a lucid and cognitive human being. Good thing he has that body.

Posted by: Tyler | May 17, 2012 3:35:30 PM

2. Oh Lordy here we go again. 70% of Americans are over weight and very unhealthy. Another young man that bothers to stay in shape (he's paid to do that) is held in front of the viewer as a super hero. The GAP between the fantasy man and the reality man in America is growing ever wider. I like a well kept male body, abs are sexy. I wish more men would bother to stay in shape.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | May 17, 2012 3:50:09 PM

3. I don't get why they didn't just cast the Green Arrow they already had in Smallville. He was awesome. This actor, from the trailer, looks painfully bad.

Posted by: Ryan | May 17, 2012 4:03:34 PM

4. Heheh, as I age a bit - I don't have to suffer from my lack of gaydar. Any man my age who is in good shape has a 98% chance of being gay.

But it's not just "bothering" to keep in shape, most people must work fairly hard at it with some level of commitment against their genetic destiny. At least that's possible (there's no way I can be tall, against my personal genetic destiny, no matter how hard I work at it, heheh).

In any event, I don't think the trailer portrays this guy as a super-hero because he's got a hot bod, but rather because he can pierce five bouncing tennis balls with arrows in under five seconds. Yep, I was more impressed by that than by the abs. (But at least the abs were real.)

Posted by: Zlick | May 17, 2012 4:06:24 PM

5. I bet he's short.

Posted by: JD | May 17, 2012 4:31:20 PM

6. when did gay men start hating hot guys? Jeebus you all sound like a bunch of women hating on Heidi Klum.

Posted by: DrJWL | May 17, 2012 5:39:06 PM

7. Super heroes have always been in great shape going back the ancient Greeks who created the genre with Hercules, Jason and Perseus.

Posted by: jaragon | May 17, 2012 5:52:55 PM

8. Wow, I don't get the negativity about Mr. Amell. He's a good actor who doesn't take himself too seriously. (He routinely does video Q+A's with his fans via Facebook.)

He's also a LGB ally. He was very good a small role as the gay son of one of the leads of the Candian procedural "ReGenesis". I was genuinely happy for him when I heard the series got picked up.

Posted by: alex | May 17, 2012 6:59:34 PM

9. OMFG.

I can't believe that someone can do chin-ups by actually moving the bar up a notch each time.

Plus, his abs aren't bad.

Wow!!!

Posted by: Continuum | May 17, 2012 7:20:57 PM

10. I agree with Ryan. Their Arrow was the only reason I watched that show.

Posted by: Randy | May 17, 2012 11:17:11 PM

11. Amell is a good to very good actor - he's comea long way since his first jobs. He's also nice, funny, and very fan (and gay) friendly. Of the new CW shows, it looks like the best of the lot.

Posted by: Tarc | May 18, 2012 2:23:04 AM

12. @JD : he's not short, he's about 6 feet tall.

He's a super nice guy and a friend of mine. He's definitely an ally and a good person. I just wanted to clear that up

Posted by: Hawkie | May 18, 2012 5:56:47 AM

13. I licked the screen when he did that pull up stunt and cut my tongue on those abs. Oh the pain.

Posted by: Steve Scarborough | May 18, 2012 8:50:26 AM

14. If that pull-up stunt was real and not CGI, then I'm gonna just throw in the towel and resume my all-ice-cream diet.

Posted by: The Milkman | May 18, 2012 9:58:23 AM

15. LOL he's a hot guy all right. The chin- up routine is right out of the Ninja Warrior course in Japan.

I hope he HAS come a long way on LGBT issues as hit was reported he quit Dante's Cove due to his character taking a gay turn in season 2....

Posted by: Jumper | May 18, 2012 11:48:28 AM

16. This would have been more interesting if they had cast Robbie Amell instead of Stephen Amell.

Posted by: Ruddigore | May 18, 2012 11:58:02 AM

17. It's not a crime to be in shape you know....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Oct 11, 2012 6:08:19 PM