2012 Election | Barney Frank | Gay Marriage | Rachel Maddow

BigGayDeal.com

Rachel Maddow Delves Into Obama's Gay Marriage Support: VIDEO

MaddowMarriage

Obviously Rachel Maddow spent a lot of time on President Obama's gay marriage support during her MSNBC show last night.

AFTER THE JUMP, the journalist's take on the evolving political scene.

Plus, a visit from Barney Frank and Newark mayor Cory Booker, both of whom offer their insight. Frank, it is worth mentioning, is celebrating 25 years out of the closet and is now preparing for his upcoming wedding. Obama, he says, will not be invited. The Secret Service is just too disruptive.

Comments

1. Great job Rachel!
    I live in Kansas had no idea this was going on not surprised though!
    Brownback he has been a disaster for this state the only thing you can do here is vote,but you loose. I'm leaving the frighting state with my parter and two dogs for a gay friendly state thats what its coming down to in this country!

Posted by: VDUFFORD | May 10, 2012 9:12:19 AM

2. cory booker is f***ing amazing....hope he runs for president one day.

Posted by: stephen | May 10, 2012 9:28:11 AM

3. I am so happy. I am so moved. I am so proud.

Posted by: David Ciminello | May 10, 2012 9:34:39 AM

4. Love Cory Booker

"Ridiculous & offensive" to allow a majority to vote on the civil rights of a minority.

Obama's struggle with marriage rights ... "I wish he were there a long time ago."

"Equal protection under the law." Civil rights for all.

He gets it.

Posted by: JONES | May 10, 2012 9:45:34 AM

5. Rachel is a great interviewer. That she just let Cory go off for an eternity (in tv time) is a testament to her and her brilliance. I'd love the two of them to debate the "other" side.

Posted by: Oliver | May 10, 2012 9:55:16 AM

6. She was so masterful last night, a command performance. I contrasted it by watching a little O'Reilly, and it was like night and day.

Then of course there's Cory Booker. *fanning myself* He will make a fine U.S. president in 2020.

Posted by: Gregoire | May 10, 2012 10:01:44 AM

7. I'm so in love with Cory Booker. I have a series of questions for him:

1) Is he into ladies?

2) Is he seeing anyone seriously?

3) Is he looking?

4) Does he date white chicks?

5) Is he busy on Saturday evening?

Posted by: NaughtyLola | May 10, 2012 10:41:11 AM

8. Laughing with Lola ...

I'm so in love with Cory Booker. I have a series of questions for him:

1) Is he into guyz?

2) Is he seeing anyone seriously?

3) Is he looking?

4) Does he date white boyz?

5) Is he busy this weekend?

Posted by: JONES | May 10, 2012 10:50:48 AM

9. @Jones, right? He's almost super-human at this point, I mean I'd be too intimidated to actually date him. Maybe he could come over and build some shelves for me or something, maybe move some furniture. I would just stand there and admire him.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | May 10, 2012 11:08:20 AM

10. LOVE Cory Booker! I really want to see him in national politics. And what he said about the "despicable nature" of politicians who support discriminatory legislation and then turn around and say "Hey, I'm not a bigot, I have gay (or black or whatever) friends is spot on. Even assuming that statement is true in the first place, since they never seem to actually PRODUCE those "friends," it doesn't humanize them, it just makes them look more craven and actually evil since they are going out of their way to hurt someone they claim is a "friend."

Plus Cory Booker rushes into burning building to save lives!

Posted by: Caliban | May 10, 2012 1:30:27 PM

11. Mayor Booker is an exceptional politician and amazing example of integrity. A principled human being, who not only eloquently speaks, but LIVES, his convictions. Even if he never aspires to a higher office, the man has my complete respect and admiration. He is a role model and a hero.

Posted by: jim | May 10, 2012 6:05:34 PM