Kate Bush | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Here's Kate Bush's Olympics Version of 'Running Up That Hill': LISTEN

Bush

Were you one of the viewers outraged by NBC's decision to cut away from the Closing Ceremonies to air a preview of Animal Practice, thereby missing performances by Ray Davies, Kate Bush, The Who and the Muse?

Well, here's the version of "Running Up That Hill" which Kate Bush re-recorded for the Games.

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Watch it in the ceremonies, here.

Comments

1. I'll say it. I was disappointed.

Posted by: SPOT | Aug 13, 2012 10:12:06 AM

2. I would've been mad about NBC cutting away except I was already mad that DirecTV lost the NBC signal for a good chunk of the ceremonies. We saw half of Annie Lennox & then nothing for well over an hour. Unfortunately, we had TiVo'ed it & were well behind the actual ceremony so we only caught about the last 15 minutes of the show.

I do have to say I really enjoyed the opening. They had me at Pet Shop Boys.

Posted by: theonlyhankinla | Aug 13, 2012 1:00:56 PM

3. How is this a remix? It sounds exactly like the original. Also, unless I'm blind, Kate was nowhere to be seen.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 13, 2012 3:08:41 PM

4. I've never heard the vegetarian intro before, Paul. The track appears to have been remastered and sounds exceptional.

Posted by: starquisha | Aug 13, 2012 3:43:42 PM

5. The instrumental bits and backing vocals are remastered from the original track, but the lead vocals are new and were recorded this year for the ceremony. She didn't perform -- the song was played over a video montage and the construction of a pyramid.

Posted by: Ryan | Aug 13, 2012 4:07:19 PM

6. True to the original, yet so much better.

Posted by: John Normile | Aug 13, 2012 5:02:16 PM

7. It's not really a remix, which makes me so happy (the orig has been my fav song forever). The original wasn't mixed with what modern production can do and sometimes sounds flat. I love it.

Posted by: AT | Aug 13, 2012 9:51:04 PM

8. AFTER Stephanie Lynn ("Stevie") Nicks, Kate Bush IS MY NEXT FAVORITE FEMALE ROCKER.

AS AN ATHEIST, "Running Up That Hill," ALWAYS INDUCES AN "OUT-OF-BODY" EXPERIENCE FOR ME, SENDING ME BACK TO MY "Satanic" days.

YET, I DO NOT LIKE THE 2012 RE-MAKE. THE INTRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL RECORDING SETS THE TONE FOR PAGAN MYSTICISM WHICH MAKES THE SONG SO SPECIAL.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTONSTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 23, 2013 11:11:30 PM