Comments

1. Jonathan says

Yeah, pretty accurate.

I have a little problem with the “tranny” line in the song. I might have taken a shot at hipsters instead.

The framing of it being a weekend without his partner is perhaps unfortunately dead on.

Otherwise a pretty positive celebration of bear sexuality.

2. Too shy to say says

Hey, who had the camera in my apartment?

Ok, so here’s my story. I was hooking up with a guy on his way over. Doorbell rings, lo-and-behold, it was one of the rare occurrences in which the guy standing before me was even more attractive than his pics. Nice beard, hairy chest, shorter, good build. So, I invite him in, he puts the pizza box down that he was holding (which was a bit strange, but I thought, “Oh, he’s trying to be nice and not show up empty handed!”) and we’re chatting away. I ask him if he wants a beer, sure.

Yes, you guessed it… ding-dong goes the doorbell. I answer, thinking someone might be just dropping by, and… there’s the guy who was supposed to be coming over. Turns out, first guy was delivering pizza to my straight neighbors. So, I paid for the pizza, sent him over with it and my apologies… and yes, he came right back. 😉 Sort of like doing brothers without the ick factor. Good times.

3. Erick says

Didn’t bear411 pissed off a lot of people in San Francisco? I remember they had the site banned from bear events, something to do with the bear Russian River events. I stopped going to bear411 because the fees are insane and they force you to subscribe if you want to use the site or even see profile pictures. I’m not paying for something I can get for free with Grindr.

4. Mike says

I’m a big bear, actively involved in the bear social “community.” This is pretty execrable. It’s cartoony, extols a few stereotypes, but mostly wanly insults the rest of us. Did I mention this song sucks? *YAWN* Bite me, Marrs.

5. Dback says

Thought the song was very cute, as is the lead singer. :) Several other woofy guys in the video as well. And yes, I’ve made some nice friends via bear 411, but haven’t used it as a hookup (yet).

6. Billy says

The Bear 411 type sites have a lot of older guys. The best social app by far, I think, is Growlr. Tons more useful options than Grindr, far less headless torsos, and a lot of guys who can actually just carry on a conversation. Shocking!