Gay Marriage | News

BigGayDeal.com

Seven Gay Couples Tell Seven Love Stories: VIDEO

7couples

Check out this new campaign produced by Miracle Mile Productions for Marriage Equality USA which features seven couples talking about the experience of meeting one another and sets out to prove that love should be the only requirement for two people who want to be married.

Some of these interviews may require a tissue warning.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wonderful message, but I wish the couples were more reflective of the diversity that we see every day in our life. Or maybe it's because we live in the SF Bay Area and the diversity we see only exists here. Whatever, more diversity would be a good thing.

Posted by: Howard | Oct 16, 2012 2:23:18 PM

2. Inspirational. I love, when the issue here on TL is love.

Posted by: Matt26 | Oct 16, 2012 3:11:45 PM

3. Thank you for that Andy...without Towleroad and my multiple daily fixes of your wonderful blog I would not be so in tune with the good and bad that affects our lives so much as LGBT people. I love that you include our straight allies as well. :)

Posted by: dorishin | Oct 16, 2012 3:53:25 PM

4. Hurray! A Latino couple! My most positive wishes to all of you.

Posted by: Carlos | Oct 16, 2012 4:46:11 PM

5. I don't expect a "diverse" representation of gay couples in videos simply because I don't expect a particularly "diverse" representation of straight couples in videos either.

The kind of couples that are going to make a vid about their relationship are going to be a certain type of couple that is hardly representative of anything, other than just that.

Just sayin' !

Posted by: "The Gay" | Oct 16, 2012 5:16:21 PM

6. I think they were diverse. Older and younger couples, people of different ethnicities and races, obviously different personalities- they couldn't get more diverse. Unless you mean a leather daddy couple replete with whips, collars, and hats or drag queens- which really aren't representative of the gay community.

These were charming , effective, and to the point- thank you and well done!!!

Posted by: scott | Oct 16, 2012 6:09:15 PM

7. I would like to have seen a couple that is not obviously better than middle class.

Posted by: Patrick and Chuck | Oct 16, 2012 8:32:20 PM

8. This was "aight." A little too full of cliches for me.

--"When I saw you, I just knew."

--"I can't imagine my life without you."

Several other lines that sound like they're from that Tom Cruise "You complete me" movie.

Would've been more riveting and fresher if they'd told personal stories that illustrate something unique about their connection :).

Posted by: redball | Oct 17, 2012 11:58:10 AM

9. @Howard: Nice sentiment but I think most of the Nation is still trying come to terms with interracial hetero marriages.

Posted by: SFRowGuy | Oct 17, 2012 12:18:20 PM

10. Absolutely wonderful. Kudos to MMP and MEUSA.

I hope I am as lucky as those couples someday.

Posted by: JAMES | Oct 17, 2012 7:20:38 PM