2016 Election | Democratic Party | Hillary Clinton | News | Polls

Hillary Clinton Crushes Biden, Cuomo in Early 2016 Democratic Presidential PPP Poll

Hillary

Since it's never too early to be thinking about the next election, Public Policy Polling surveyed Democrats in Florida and found that Hillary Clinton beats all others by a wide margin as the choice for President, Business Insider reports:

PollThe poll results, shared exclusively with Business Insider, find Clinton grabbing a clear majority — 61% of Florida Democrats pick her as the hypothetical 2016 Democratic nominee. Only 14% of Florida Democrats choose Biden. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo comes in third, earning 8% of the vote.

The poll shows that as two high-profile members of the current Obama administration, Clinton and Biden enjoy the most early name recognition. Clinton has an 82% favorability rating among Florida Democrats, while Biden's favorability rating sits at 74%. Cuomo is the only other candidate about whom the majority of Florida Democrats have an opinion.

Both Biden and Clinton have fanned the flames for 2016. Upon casting his vote in this week's election, Biden didn't rule out voting for himself again, leading to some speculation he's considering a run.

Clinton, meanwhile, has brushed aside any questions she might be planning to make a second bid after a 2008 Democratic primary loss to President Barack Obama.

Read the full poll results, AFTER THE JUMP...

Florida Democrats 2016

Comments

1. I don't get the appeal of Elizabeth Warren as a candidate. She's obviously very smart and great for the role of a politician, but as a candidate, she's a big loser. There was no reason that that race against Brown should have been so tough for her. She sat there like an awkward goon in the debates and let him go on and on about that stupid native American thing. I don't ever see her being able to stand up to the scrutiny of a Presidential election, let alone the primaries.

Posted by: jakke | Nov 9, 2012 12:24:41 PM

2. Hillary was also crushing her rivals in polls taken in early 2007. I'd love a Hillary presidency, but frankly, I wouldn't be surprised is she said, oh HELL no.

Posted by: Gregoire | Nov 9, 2012 12:31:19 PM

3. Hillary Clinton POTUS/ Julian Castro Vp 2016

double demographic wammy for the win

Posted by: Moz's | Nov 9, 2012 12:35:29 PM

4. I think the endless campaign stuff the media promotes is getting really old with a lot of us. To anyone who feels it's never to early to speculate on 2016, please STFU for a while.

Posted by: Butch | Nov 9, 2012 12:35:46 PM

5. If only she will run, she will win and it will be another victory for good sense and good heart. I am definitely looking forward to it.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 9, 2012 12:49:41 PM

6. Jakke: As it turns out, Brown was the loser not Warren. That's just math. Or are you one of those people who has a disdain for arithmetic?

Beyond that, incumbency is a powerful force. Couple that with the amount of money that Wall Street poured into Brown's campaign (at least $3.3 million according to this Politico article http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/81876.html) and it's easy to explain why Warren had a tough fight. But then she won... BY 7.4 POINTS. She smoked him.

Posted by: RyanInWyo | Nov 9, 2012 12:51:57 PM

7. Wednesday : I celebrated...a bit too much.

Thursday : I recovered with a hangover.

Friday : "I'm in love"......to quote a song.
    Yes, it's time for us to get to work to get a brilliant accomplished experienced and serious professional person elected in 2016.

We need eight years of Hillery....and America would become a modern country, not one obsessed with past glories and one more willing to embrace progress, not one espousing "Creationism" and "Every Sperm Is Sacred" song and dance routine.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 9, 2012 1:03:36 PM

8. @Butch

"I think the endless campaign stuff the media promotes is getting really old with a lot of us."

So don't read it. And don't waste time commenting on it.

Posted by: bcarter3 | Nov 9, 2012 1:07:45 PM

9. Tell me how exactly to avoid it, then. Give up reading?

Posted by: Butch | Nov 9, 2012 1:12:57 PM

10. @ RYANINWYO

Could you please point to the part of my comment where I acted as though Warren didn't win or are you one of those people who ignores reality so they can get a dig in? I said there was no reason the race should have been tough and it shouldn't have been. The state has liberals outnumbering conservatives like 4 to 1. Warren is awful as a candidate.

Posted by: jakke | Nov 9, 2012 1:21:03 PM

11. "We need eight years of Hillery"

As always, lapping at the feet of a woman who is opposed to same-sex marriage. Akin to lapping at the feet of women like Madonna and Lady Gaga who refuse to provide any funding for campaigns in favor of marriage equality.

But they have vaginas between their legs and that makes it all all right, right? Right.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 9, 2012 1:31:20 PM

12. I farted. It smells bad.

Posted by: shannon heidkamp | Nov 9, 2012 1:35:13 PM

13. @Rick

1. Hillary Clinton supported same-sex marriage in New York, as well as repeal of DOMA; she hasn't addressed the issue since the President came out for marriage. She's also done a lot for LGBT rights at State (both as foreign policy and for DOS employees).

2. You shouldn't use "Akin" and "women" in the same sentence.

3. I doubt many of us spend a lot of time thinking about Hillary Clinton's vagina; why do you?

Posted by: Steven H | Nov 9, 2012 2:00:21 PM

14. I really like both Hillary and Biden. I even voted for Hillary in the Pa primary over Obama who I was thrilled to vote for in the general. However, Hillary will be 69 and Biden 74 in 2016. I think they are past their prime. The presidency is an extremel demanding job. The dems should be looking for younger leaders. On another note, I think we should stop talking about 2016, it is too freakin soon.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 9, 2012 2:04:02 PM

15. If the economy goes into another recession then she won't run because Americans will be looking for change away from the Democrats.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | Nov 9, 2012 2:04:48 PM

16. Polling for an election 4 years away, no matter how self-satisfying, is a complete waste of time.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 9, 2012 2:06:26 PM

17. Frankly, while Hillary still carries a lot of heavy baggage she would be a very strong candidate. I fully expect her to run. She most likely believes it to be her destiny.

Posted by: Joe in CT | Nov 9, 2012 2:12:56 PM

18. Well, Andrew, 69 is the new 49...except for that damn Rick, of course.

And even though I enjoy Joe Biden, I'd prefer Julian Castro's smile...all day long.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 9, 2012 2:14:46 PM

19. Jakke: You called Elizabeth Warren a loser... and I pointed out that she just won a senate seat against a well-funder incumbent. What part of that was confusing for you? By definition, then, she is a winner.

Posted by: RyanInWyo | Nov 9, 2012 2:30:55 PM

20. @ RICK :

You are a bore. If your post was a first attempt at humour, it failed.

@ STEVEN H : "Akin" and "Hillery" in same sentence......now that's a witty interpretation of Rick's comment that escaped me.
    Thanks.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 9, 2012 3:19:40 PM

21. Isn't this, I don't know, just a tad early ?

Posted by: NwYrkr | Nov 9, 2012 3:32:56 PM

22. If she could even win the democratic nomination back in 2008, what makes you think she would be good for 2016? Especially since she'll be 69 years old by then? We need someone young like Obama to run in 2016.

Posted by: I don't think so | Nov 9, 2012 3:38:56 PM

23. Hillary, POTUS from 2016. She's the one, the change is coming. I truly hope so.

Posted by: Matt26 | Nov 9, 2012 4:33:49 PM

24. Reagan was 69 when he took office, although he is still the oldest person to have assumed the presidency. Hillary would be great, she just may be too tired, or just plain disgusted with it all. But then, maybe not. She's gotta do somethin' about that hair though.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Nov 9, 2012 4:59:54 PM

25. This is going to sound bitchy, but I think Hillary's been looking terrible lately, and I'm sure, like being president, the job she has done (very well) as Secretary of State has aged her prematurely. For her own health, I'd hate to have her double-down on that as PotUS. That job ages you at 6x speed.

BUT - if she wants the job, God Bless Her. She's a sure winner, would be good in the office, and we really need a Dem win after Obama to cement some of this vaguely progressive stuff.

Posted by: Zlick | Nov 9, 2012 6:21:10 PM