Nate Silver’s Book Sales Boom After 2012 Election

Signal-noise-why-so-many-predictions-fail-but-nate-silver-hardcover-cover-artNate Silver's nearly perfect call on the 2012 election is translating into massive booksales.

From a CNN report filed yesterday afternoon:

Sales of the book, "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail – but Some Don't" shot up 850% on Amazon.com during the last 24 hours.

It is now the second best selling book on the site, behind only popular children's book, "The Third Wheel, Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 7."

So, what's next for Silver? Hopefully a vacation. And, according to Politico reporter Roger Simon's predication, perhaps some negotiations.

He tweeted, "The next sound you hear will be Nate Silver negotiating a new contract."

Comments

1. gr8guyca says

Odds that Nate Silver’s book would do well after an Obama victory:
    99.9%.

Odds that Karl Rove will get billionaires to give him as much money for the next election: .1%

2. turing's ghost says

I hope Nate makes millions. You might remember the snarky wingnuts who actually said Nate was”a man of very small stature” and “a thin and effeminate man with a soft-sounding voice.” Evidently, Nate was too gay to be that smart. Hope he enjoys a bit of schadenfreude.

3. io says

it’s good reading – so far. i took some time out to pick this up and it does start with a very good very succinct review of empire and print and of course now that we’re digital, where are we going.

totally why i went back to school

4. says

Yes, it’s true. Nate Silver is gay. When asked if he had noticed people looking at him as a “gay icon,” Nate responded, “I’ve started to notice it a little bit, although so far it seems like I’m more a subject of geek affection than gay affection.”

We need to show a little more affection for our amazing gay geek.

5. Diogenes Arktos says

@OS2Guy: LOL I’d certainly love to give him some affection for being a gay geek.

@Eric: Sorry to hear about Nate’s views on climate change. That just means he can correct it for the soon-to-be forthcoming 2nd edition.

6. says

As a recovering math team member (back in the day when that was NOT cool for girls), I love that Nate has made math cool, plus he has a great sense of humor and he’s adorable. I have a total crush (and yes, I know I’m not his type, on top of the fact that I’m technically old enough to be his mother . . . celebrities aren’t going to go for me regardless of their orientation, so I can also drool over Ricky Martin). Plus as a good Jewish mother, I dream of having a gay son (of course!, he’d never replace me with another woman and I’d have a shopping buddy) Meanwhile, here’s the first love song ever written to a psephologist (don’t worry, I had to look it up too) – but it won’t be the last!