Gay Marriage | News | NOM

BigGayDeal.com

Hilarious Clip Mocks Anti-Gay 'Traditional' Marriage Ads: VIDEO

Mammydaddy

A new ad makes the case for "mammy/daddy marriage".

"People can do whatever they want. Even weirdos, so long as we agree with them. Unless they're women. Women always need to be told what to do, even if the issue is medial. And what women should do, is mainly baking. Come on ladies, you can always find an oven in a hospital."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Here's the ad they're mocking, from the anti-gay Iona Institute:

Comments

1. BEST LINE: "Wouldn't it be discrimination? YES. But it's what we call the right kind." I need that on a t-shirt.

Posted by: Stefan | Jan 18, 2013 11:23:35 AM

2. So f*cking awesome!

Posted by: Andy | Jan 18, 2013 11:48:57 AM

3. Superb.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 18, 2013 12:03:54 PM

4. From the original video "Every child ever born has had a mum and a dad."

They forgot Jesus, apparently.

Posted by: Mike | Jan 18, 2013 12:17:47 PM

5. It's good they've realized the involvement of the US anti-gay industry. They need to publicize this.

Posted by: candide001 | Jan 18, 2013 12:43:10 PM

6. Oh god, that was the parody.

I'm ashamed now. Well, after reading so many crappy articles (i read today that Newton tragedy was fake and it's an Obama's conspiration) i think everything is possible.

The truth is the add they are mocking is doesn't seem real either

Posted by: jjose712 | Jan 18, 2013 2:57:32 PM

7. From the original ad:
    "It's not discrimination to treat different things differently."
    Actually, that's pretty much the definition of discrimination.

Posted by: Johnny | Jan 18, 2013 3:05:25 PM

8. I'm gay. I don't want children. Never have, never will. I don't intend to accidentally have one. Just because I had a mum and dad doesn't mean I want to be a parent. Soooooo the entire argument presented in the second ad against gay marriage shouldn't apply to me. Right? I am sure if I just explain this to those nice sounding Irish people, they will agree since it is the basis of their objection.

Posted by: Chadd | Jan 18, 2013 6:07:30 PM

9. As i said many times, we underestimate the influence of Opus Dei in the upper echelons of society. The Iona Institute is a right wing "home of nutters" run by them to propagate their conservative agenda and yes, it is funded from the USA.
    We need to destroy it.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 19, 2013 3:40:15 AM

10. "Paid for by someone in America whos never met you but knows whats best"
    OMG... LOL, so funny. So true. Also love the website name given. Neat way of unmasking what goes on behind the scenes with so many different websites created by the same people so they can give the illusion of widespread support.

Posted by: OberonOZ | Jan 20, 2013 1:52:12 AM