Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | News

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: David and TreDarrius

David_tredarrius

Gay teens David and TreDarrius' were married in D.C. and while this is technically a slide-show, there may be video soon.

A blogger at The Scoop writes:

Live video will be coming soon from "My Teenage Wedding" whom found the guys story and put it on their show.

My Teenage Wedding is a show on Canada's Slice network. Here's their synopsis of the show:

David and Tre’Darrius, both 19, are young, black, and gay, and getting married in not-so-progressive Memphis. But the odds are stacked against them. Once very popular, David’s friends ostracized him after he came out in high school. Neither mother is responding to the wedding invite. And their only adult supporter, Tre’s uncle Theo, thinks they’re too young to marry. When flaky groomsman Rico says he might have to work on the wedding day, the couple is crushed. The biggest obstacle, though, is making the marriage legal. That means going to Washington, DC, but Tre must first get over his fear of flying!

For now, check out their photos, AFTER THE JUMP...

And if you missed out Valentine's round-up of our favorite gay wedding videos, check it out HERE.

Don't miss our other recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Patrick and Sébastien [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Randy and Allen [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Jason and Tony at the Plaza [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Clinton and Callum [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Bloomington, Indiana Mayor and 13 Same-Sex Couples [tlrd]

Comments

1. 19?! Fools.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Mar 7, 2013 1:03:42 PM

2. Love is in the air. Lovely.
    @MB, one cannot find love of his life at the age of 19?

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 7, 2013 1:24:06 PM

3. WHAT ARE LOVELY COUPLE!!! I WISH THEM TO THE BEST...IT IS YOUNG THOUGH....SO WHY ARE THERE NOT ANY MORE COMPLIMENTS ON THIS NICE COUPLE?????---------OH.......I FORGOT......IT IS TWO NON WHITE MEN ....AND IT IS NOT ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOU THEM....

Posted by: Shannon | Mar 7, 2013 1:36:59 PM

4. I wish them all success. They are both young to enter marriage -- gay or straight, but they are old enough to make-up their own minds and deserved to be supported in their decision.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Mar 7, 2013 1:43:20 PM

5. Just Beautiful. Love conquers all in the face of adversity. Step by step the closet walls are tumbling down. That is all.

Posted by: Tony Diaz | Mar 7, 2013 1:46:29 PM

6. Congratulations guys!

Posted by: RHR IN TN | Mar 7, 2013 1:55:10 PM

7. I am wary about folks marrying so young. But I am old and cynical. I certainly wish them well. They look sweet and happy together.

Posted by: gregorybrown | Mar 7, 2013 1:57:08 PM

8. Congratulations to them. 19 might seem too young, but age doesn't really tell us much, does it? None of us knows either of these men, and I've met 20 year olds who were infinitely more mature than 40 year olds. It really is just a number.

What I'm more concerned about is that they seem to have little support. Chronology matters less for relationship durability and quality than whether you have friends, extended family, etc. to support you. Fights happen. Promises get broken. Sometimes you need other people to tell you you're in a good relationship, or to serve as good examples for you. But maybe they can make it work and will find support over time :)

Posted by: Thomas | Mar 7, 2013 2:04:11 PM

9. Its cute, but I wonder how long they were together before getting hitched? Marrying young (gay or straight) in my opinion, is a bad decision because relationships haven't matured enough to handle the responsibilities that come with it or understand what it really means to commit to someone like that.

But I hope things go well for the young love birds.

Posted by: Terry | Mar 7, 2013 2:07:45 PM

10. Yes, 19 is very young but there are couples who marry young and they make it, so I hope these young men do too. Love always involves a risk of failure and that they were brave enough to do it anyway despite facing opposition from family on top of that should be celebrated. Obviously they have the support of the people who did come and the minister(?) who married them, so they are not alone.

Congratulations!

Posted by: Caliban | Mar 7, 2013 2:18:19 PM

11. Beautiful couple! I wish them all the best.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Mar 7, 2013 2:24:26 PM

12. My parents got married when they were both 19 years old, and they've been married now for 56 years and 1 week. Based on their example, I wouldn't recommend getting married at 19.

Posted by: BRENT | Mar 7, 2013 2:24:51 PM

13. Damn, this is stunning and I wish the couple all the best.

Too young? maybe.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Mar 7, 2013 2:31:31 PM

14. Stop making me cry at work dammit!

Posted by: marcoslb | Mar 7, 2013 2:40:00 PM

15. My grandma got married when she was 15. My mom was 26 and my sister eloped at 18. All are still happily married. For myself, I would not get marry at 19 but I would never tell other adults that they are too young or too old to get married. I only know these two from reading a paragraph on my monitor 2 thousands miles away, who am I to judge whether they are too young to get married...
    I wish David and Tre’Darrius a happy marriage.

Posted by: Ant | Mar 7, 2013 2:54:25 PM

16. Marrying so young isn't proof of stupidity or that their union is doomed. I know couples (straight and gay) who've been together since middle school and are still together.

I am glad they have the ABILITY to do this. Weather it winds up in divorce court or not is anyone's guess.

But when folks are getting married, and have such love around them, and family support - it gives me a thrill. I wish them all the best.

Posted by: YsoSerious | Mar 7, 2013 3:00:41 PM

17. what's a "tredarrius"

Posted by: McBeef | Mar 7, 2013 3:16:14 PM

18. These pictures look ridiculous. Sorry...

Posted by: SP | Mar 7, 2013 3:25:11 PM

19. Wishing the couple my very best! What is more impressive is their activist roles -- advancing their movement ("Army of Pride") to promote marriage equality and fight discrimination and violence against the LGBTQ community. The torch is being passed!!!

Posted by: Belthazar | Mar 7, 2013 4:18:15 PM

20. Let them be. Much support and congrats to them both. Be true to yourselves, and remember whatever hateful BS others say, that is their problem and their insecurties manifesting themselves. You are strong role models for the future.

Posted by: rk | Mar 7, 2013 4:30:54 PM

21. These two apparently have more courage than all the haters including some on this site. I wish them all the best!

Posted by: NY2.0 | Mar 7, 2013 4:51:34 PM

22. Congrats to them! Just imagine they learn their lovely wedding is posted on this important blog, they come here and see the comments are so negative. Where is our mentorship and support of these young men? Just because your own life is so unhappy and full of regret doesn't mean you should vocalize it in a diatribe towards these two. Many before them have indeed married their teenage sweetheart and made it wok. Best wishes for a long and happy life together.

Posted by: SMS | Mar 7, 2013 4:55:35 PM

23. I'm reminded of the line in the old Nate King Cole song: "They tried to tell us we're too young" and mabye they are. I wish them all the success in the world in overcoming the obsticles that lay ahead, and there will be many.

Posted by: andrew | Mar 7, 2013 9:20:58 PM

24. Congrats guys! Many blessings. I've never been married, but if I were to get married I would look at it like this "we work through whatever hand we're dealt, we are one...don't just run out as soon as it gets rocky." You made a commitment. Congrats again, I'm very proud of you both. (from a 30ish year old black male).

Posted by: Bryson | Mar 8, 2013 2:23:21 AM

25. I watched the video after my comment. Absolutely Amazing Boys. Make it Work. Many blessings.

Posted by: Bryson | Mar 8, 2013 2:29:06 AM