Gay Marriage | Guns | Louie Gohmert | News

Rep. Louie Gohmert Opposes Gun Control Because Gay Marriage Leads to Polygamy, Sex with Animals

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), perhaps the House's loudest, nuttiest bigot, isn't letting that title get away from him.

GohmertHere's what he said when asked about his opposition to gun control legislation, Right Wing Watch reports:

In fact, I had this discussion with some wonderful, caring Democrats earlier this week on the issue of, well, they said "surely you could agree to limit the number of rounds in a magazine, couldn't you? How would that be problematic?"

...

And I pointed out, well, once you make it ten, then why would you draw the line at ten? What's wrong with nine? Or eleven? And the problem is once you draw that limit ; it's kind of like marriage when you say it's not a man and a woman any more, then why not have three men and one woman, or four women and one man, or why not somebody has a love for an animal?

There is no clear place to draw the line once you eliminate the traditional marriage and it's the same once you start putting limits on what guns can be used, then it's just really easy to have laws that make them all illegal.

Earlier in the discussion, Gohmert called on Christians to take a more active role in politics ... because otherwise their churches are going to be forced to hire cross-dressing Satan-worshipers.

Right Wing Watch has the audio if you're interested in listening.

Comments

1. As a cross-dressing Satan worshipper, I'm deeply offended! HAIL SATAN!

Posted by: Joseph | Apr 3, 2013 10:38:07 AM

2. Yeah, why draw the line at ten? Why don't we all just buy tanks, and RPGs?

Posted by: Syrax | Apr 3, 2013 10:42:56 AM

3. I always insist that the animals I have sex with are serial monogamists.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 3, 2013 10:47:27 AM

4. the stupid is strong in this one

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Apr 3, 2013 11:00:27 AM

5. Oh Louie Gomer, how do you even walk and talk at the same time without hurting yourself? Awesome display of massive ignorance. Go Gomer!

Posted by: antb | Apr 3, 2013 11:08:20 AM

6. Yes, because all gay people are Satan worshiping cross dressers! How STUPID can you get Louie Gohmert!!!!

Posted by: Kaminia | Apr 3, 2013 11:12:49 AM

7. Good God...

Yes, I get it. These people exist. Some of them are our neighbors. Some of them are our coworkers.

But, how? I mean HOW do these people get elected? HOW do they manage to convince a majority of people that THEY will lead us to a better tomorrow?

He has the intelligence and critical thinking skills of a rabid dog.

I wouldn't trust this guy to water my plants.

Posted by: kpo5 | Apr 3, 2013 11:17:25 AM

8. I can say this because I'm a Texan, but yeah-Texas.

Posted by: LongTallTexan | Apr 3, 2013 11:20:46 AM

9. Usually I'll hit the link and watch or listen to the latest wing-nut outrage against LGBTQ people but Louis Gohmert is like the wing-nuttiest of the wing-nuts and, god, today I just don't have the strength...

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 3, 2013 11:20:50 AM

10. I love this because this is actually the reality of discussions today.

as evidenced by this site's anti-gay trolls being all pro-gun / anti-regulation.

there's a marked link between illiteracy and pro-gun stances. ditto pro-gun and anti-......well...let's be real here. anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-immigrant, anti-non-white.

*barf*

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 3, 2013 11:23:10 AM

11. What scares me more is that there are probably people in this country who think Rep. Gohmert is a voice of common sense.
    For me, I wouldn't want to be in the same building with this man unless I was wearing the intellectual equivalent of a hazmat suit.

Posted by: Peter | Apr 3, 2013 11:24:54 AM

12. A church run by satan worshipping cross dressers? This agnostic BuJew would go to those services!

Posted by: vwdavy | Apr 3, 2013 11:25:32 AM

13. Biggest idiot in Congress. An fearful, mean fool who can hardly form a sentence. Could you imagine what being in a room of his supporters would be like?

Posted by: mike | Apr 3, 2013 11:30:35 AM

14. I just have to believe in my heart that anytime this man takes the floor to speak in congress that the eyerolls can be heard across the room. So much ignorance in one elected official it's unreal.

Posted by: AMA | Apr 3, 2013 11:31:27 AM

15. "there's a marked link between illiteracy and pro-gun stances"

You just make it up as you go along, don't you ?

Posted by: Hagatha | Apr 3, 2013 11:33:15 AM

16. Why has this moron not been publicly ridiculed on the House floor by other representatives?

Posted by: Rich F. | Apr 3, 2013 11:42:36 AM

17. The only people potentially dumber than Gohmert are the people who elected him.

Posted by: candideinnc | Apr 3, 2013 11:44:46 AM

18. this checklist is amazing.

gay marriage. satan. cross-dressers. polygamous interspecies marriages. ALL THIS WILL COME TO BE!!! if you limit the amount of rounds in a magazine.

suuuuuuure.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 3, 2013 11:46:40 AM

19. Ahhh...I love being from Longview. So thankful I got out of that area. Absolutely ridiculous.

Posted by: Bill S. | Apr 3, 2013 12:08:20 PM

20. Why doesn't some interviewer have the nerve to ask Gomert it's ok to have special laws protecting Federal Pols from assault when there is no nation-wide anti hate crime legislation for GLT citizens?

Posted by: mikeflower | Apr 3, 2013 12:09:45 PM

21. Preach it Louie. You are one of the best friends the Democrats have in Congress.

Posted by: andrew | Apr 3, 2013 12:14:51 PM

22. He had one brain cell when he was born. It fell off, rolled under the fridge...got all full of dust and hair and stuff. They tried to rinse it off with a garden hose, but it shot off into the swamp...and was eaten by an old bull-frog. The End.

Posted by: Geoff | Apr 3, 2013 12:46:57 PM

23. He's still the King. Loudest, Nuttiest Bigot

Posted by: Jeffrey York | Apr 3, 2013 4:06:47 PM

24. Peter, I think you nailed it. The people of his district, deep in the woods of East Texas continue to send this person to Congress by voting for him. They have seen him saying all these strange things at political meetings, church picnics, and barbeques-fund raisers. Yes, they do have television in East Texas.

Posted by: ***** | Apr 3, 2013 4:11:50 PM

25. Do they know, that when they spoke their minds, they are literally telling the world how filthy dark is their minds ?

Posted by: MArk | Apr 3, 2013 7:40:14 PM