Google | Google Glass | News

BigGayDeal.com

How to Avoid Being a Google 'Glasshole': VIDEO

Live_glass

"This is not what we mean by live streaming."

A video guide to misusing the forthcoming technology, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Google Glass reminds me of a Star Trek: Next Gen episode in which a similar device, a game, turned the entire crew into submissive bowls of jelly, ready to be taken over by a hostile force. Except for Wesley, who reactivated Data just in time to save the day! I know I'm right. You can Google it to be sure.

Posted by: james | May 16, 2013 11:33:58 AM

2. I love how there's already such a jaded, dismissive response to Google Glass. Simply from diehard Mac nerds who are trying to find a way to pretend they wouldn't be drooling all over this if it had an Apple logo on the side.

Posted by: Robert | May 16, 2013 11:41:52 AM

3. I'm predicting they'll fall into a niche much like Bluetooth - some people find Bluetooth useful, others feel that talking into the air makes you look like your meds should be adjusted.

Posted by: Butch | May 16, 2013 11:50:32 AM

4. Yeah, and don't turn it into Gaydar to hunt down gays to sacrifice to your Mad-God, like the zealot, Mrs. Bigot Bachmann.

Posted by: Yaoi | May 16, 2013 11:57:50 AM

5. Google Glass reminds me of a Star Trek: Next Gen episode in which a similar device, a game, turned the entire crew into submissive bowls of jelly, ready to be taken over by a hostile force. Except for Wesley, who reactivated Data just in time to save the day! I know I'm right. You can Google it to be sure.

Posted by: james | May 16, 2013 11:33:58 AM

wasnt that the episode with ashley judd..? when they were playing that game with what looked liek spinning tops...while wearing those glass thingys....

Posted by: disgusted american | May 16, 2013 12:25:08 PM

6. Robert,
    I'm a die hard Apple fan and I would still have a hard time accepting these even if they were made by Apple.

Posted by: David | May 16, 2013 1:57:11 PM

7. So what exactly does it take for someone to own a Google Glass? The same thing it takes for everything else. Whether a smart phone, car, guns, etc. It's called common sense. To know when to take off the glasses. When to have them on. When it's proper to use it.

We're at a crossroads, everyone. Economically, socially, technologically. You name it. Change is happening right now. This is one of the harbingers of change bringing in a new era. I have no issue with these glasses at all. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. Note, though, I expect everyone to have the same common sense regarding them as everyone else with other things. But if I see someone who's 'handicapped' that needs this for 'their benefit'. (Meaning they can't take them off.) I have no issue with that. They're not being rude. This device would probably help them in ways we're not clear about.

Posted by: mickyflip | May 16, 2013 2:09:48 PM

8. @mickyflip: Precisely. Context is everything. I can think of lots of places where a device like Glass would be wonderful. I do a lot of running and it would be nice to have a pair of sunglasses that had voice activation to run my tracking app (tell it to start, pause, stop, show my trail, monitor my speed, start music, etc.)

I ride a motorcycle, too. How nice to have a HUD GPS.

There are plenty of places where having a voice-activated HUD that interfaces with your handcomp would be useful.

But you have to know when to take it off.

Posted by: Rrhain | May 16, 2013 3:10:05 PM

9. Here's my solution to those types (and there is no way that I will ever use this hunk of junk myself): No shirt, no shoes, no service. Google Glass, no service.

Take the things off and store them far away if you wish to do business with me.

Posted by: guest15424563 | May 21, 2013 5:49:43 PM