Couples | Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | Military | News

Marine Corps Captain Matthew Phelps Marries Ben Schock: Photos

Captain-Phelps-and-Schock

U.S. Marine Corps Captain Matthew Phelps wed Ben Schock this Saturday in Seattle. Captain Phelps famously proposed to Schock this past December, becoming the first gay couple ever to do so at the White House.

As you may recall, Phelps and Schock have been outspoken about the damage DOMA has caused gay military couples such as themselves.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Check out a few more shots AFTER THE JUMP...

(via Nate Gowdy Photo)

Captain-Phelps-and-Schock-2

Wedding

Captain-Phelps-and-Schock-3

Comments

1. so cute! congrats guys!

Posted by: Grover Underwood | May 28, 2013 6:56:08 PM

2. Congratulations guys !
    You look happy and proud and joyful.
    Have many years of such beautiful emotions and support together.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 28, 2013 6:58:02 PM

3. It is so easy to pick out the top and bottom...so sad...

Posted by: helen | May 28, 2013 7:03:45 PM

4. Congratulations to the cute couple.

Posted by: Derrick | May 28, 2013 7:06:05 PM

5. @helen So sad?? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I hope they had AMAZING sex.. which I'm sure they did.. cause, you know.. they ARE in love. And both pretty hot. Picture that Helen. Hot GAY SEX.

Posted by: shadowsblueandred | May 28, 2013 7:08:27 PM

6. oh my i totally read that as aaron schock!

Posted by: redball | May 28, 2013 7:09:01 PM

7. Congratulations! Marriage rocks. Hopefully it will soon receive full federal recognition.

Posted by: DB | May 28, 2013 7:10:31 PM

8. Pretty obv who tops and bottoms in this couple lol, but congrats

Posted by: danswon | May 28, 2013 7:11:44 PM

9. Helen, you have no idea what goes on in ppl's lives. Do not pretend you do.

Posted by: Joe Bua | May 28, 2013 7:12:32 PM

10. Obviousness is not a flaw.

Congrats to the cute couple. I wish I could have witnessed their wedding, but I'd settle for watching the honeymoon.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | May 28, 2013 7:16:53 PM

11. helen--what would be said about that if they're not? And wtf makes you think it's your place to have an opinion on the subject?

you'd be very, very surprised, I think, at some of the fem twinkly guys who I put my legs up for--after they got it from me.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | May 28, 2013 7:20:09 PM

12. helen--what would be said about that if they're not? And wtf makes you think it's your place to have an opinion on the subject?

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | May 28, 2013 7:20:10 PM

13. I hate it how people feel free to comment on the sexual positions of gay couples. I don't look at a straight couple and make assumptions about their sex lives. Never said "oh she totally loves sucking d***" or "he must love eating her p**** while looking at str8 wedding pics.

Posted by: Isaac | May 28, 2013 7:29:27 PM

14. I just always assume that everyone is versatile anyway. Don't know why straight people never remember about versatile.....

Posted by: anon | May 28, 2013 7:32:55 PM

15. @ anon: some straight (and gay) people are to limited and unimaginative to realize that not everything falls into neat little binary categories.

Posted by: DavidR | May 28, 2013 7:36:45 PM

16. "too limited" dammit!

Posted by: DavidR | May 28, 2013 7:37:03 PM

17. Some of you trolls/negative nancy's are the worst. Bitter, bitter people.

That being said, I wish the happy couple nothing but joy and love for the rest of their lives.

Posted by: MateoM | May 28, 2013 7:54:36 PM

18. yes, not everything falls into neat little binary boxes...

but this does!

Posted by: FakeOutrage | May 28, 2013 8:05:00 PM

19. Although I do think the age difference is kind of icky.

Posted by: MateoM | May 28, 2013 8:07:58 PM

20. Looks like a dad and his son.

Posted by: sean | May 28, 2013 8:08:13 PM

21. Sean it looks like genuine love to me. Congratulations and much happiness to Matt and Ben.

Posted by: jay | May 28, 2013 8:11:09 PM

22. I bet the old one is short and thick, while the boy is long and skinny. That's how it always is.

Posted by: MateoM | May 28, 2013 8:20:13 PM

23. Come on, top/bottom people.
    You're just jealous *you* didn't get the hot, straight-acting man in uniform.
    Admit it.
    It says more about you than about them, doesn't it?

Posted by: Max | May 28, 2013 8:24:31 PM

24. "the first gay couple to propose at the White House"??

lol, so this is really a *thing* to be a first at?

some gays are just attention starved!...next up, the first openly gay couple to propose at the corner of Carnegie Hall! ..then the first gay couple to wear red blazers in the daylight while eating ice-cream!
    Has anyone called the Guiness people?

Posted by: FakeOutrage | May 28, 2013 8:49:28 PM

25. that looks like a child and an old man.

Posted by: Zeta | May 28, 2013 8:56:21 PM