Dax Shepard | DOMA | Kristen Bell | Proposition 8

BigGayDeal.com

Following SCOTUS Rulings, Kristen Bell Proposes To Dax Shepard On Twitter

Bellshepard

Kristen Bell, who back in August proclaimed that it would be tacky for she and fiance Dax Shepard to get married when her gay and lesbian friends could not, took to twitter today to propose to Shepard, inspired no doubt by the historic rulings issued forth on DOMA and Prop 8:

Shepard seemed to accept:

Comments

1. Now that looks anatomically correct. Like to be a fly on the wall where Mr. Towle is today. I'm sure the line is too long. He's dedicated his life to queers.

Posted by: YouLikeMe! | Jun 26, 2013 3:27:39 PM

2. Typo alert: "...for she and fiancé..." should read " for her and fiancé."
    Sorry to be a nitpicker

Posted by: jim | Jun 26, 2013 3:28:19 PM

3. I like our allies -- and compared to the ugly faces of hate-filled bigotry that oppose us, I'll take Bell and Shepard.

CONGRATS!

@YouLikeMe -- don't you have a bridge you should be under?

Posted by: Strepsi | Jun 26, 2013 3:33:28 PM

4. I hate Dax Shepard but Kristen Bell loves him so I must be wrong.

Posted by: Fenrox | Jun 26, 2013 3:42:56 PM

5. I still can't get married, I live in Colorado. This changes little for me, but I'm still very happy about it of course

Posted by: Shawn | Jun 26, 2013 4:08:31 PM

6. I can't help but feel this a hollow victory in that all our brothers and sisters still don't have equality in every state.

You are not equal until everyone is equal.

Keep up the fight EVERYBODY.

We shall overcome!

Posted by: danielw | Jun 26, 2013 4:20:06 PM

7. Er have these two not been paying attention ? We only have gay marriage in a handful of states. The majority of gay people still cannot get married in their home state. The weak, spineless Supreme Court declined to rule on one part of the DOMA case which challenged the constitutionality of gay marriage bans in the individual states.

Posted by: Icebloo | Jun 26, 2013 4:43:51 PM

8. "The weak, spineless Supreme Court declined to rule on one part of the DOMA case which challenged the constitutionality of gay marriage bans in the individual states."

In no shape or form was the constitutionality of individual state bans before the court in either case. The DOMA case only covered the definition of marriage for Federal purposes.

Section 2 of DOMA which says that states are not required to recognize marriages from other states is still very much alive and kicking. This part was never up from debate. For that to happen the Supremes will probably have to hear a case brought by a same sex couple that is legally married in one state, and then resides in a state that does not recognize that marriage.

Posted by: Jeff | Jun 26, 2013 5:06:20 PM

9. Dax and Kristen are true allies in the best sense of the word!

Posted by: Tom | Jun 26, 2013 5:18:11 PM

10. Love me some Kristen and Dax!

Posted by: AriesMatt | Jun 26, 2013 6:00:38 PM

11. Ugh, just ugh.

I just can't with these attention whores who want to piggy back on such a cause. Not only that, this is a big step toward marriage equality, but there is no EQUALITY until everyone can get married. I wonder if these two Hollywood idiots even know that.

Posted by: Ugh | Jun 26, 2013 8:10:39 PM

12. Well she is the one with the actual carrier and all the $$ so its not a surprise

Posted by: nikk | Jun 26, 2013 9:54:23 PM

13. Umm, Dax is on a little long-running NBC show called Parenthood, Nikk.

Posted by: Tom | Jun 27, 2013 11:51:35 AM

14. I'm not sure if I like these 'straight' allies who say that they won't marry until everyone can. If a law passes that says that everyone can marry, people marry, and then a new law revokes the previous law, will these 'straight' allies get divorced?

Posted by: Gabe R L | Jun 27, 2013 3:09:29 PM